ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:35 AM 12-20-2023
Knowing what Veach was prepared to give that fucking idiot somewhat takes the sting off the Jawaan Taylor contract. A 6/138 that is essentially a 5/95 for an inferior player compared to a 4/80 that is essentially a 3/60, and if Jawaan Taylor just reverts back to his Jacksonville form of committing a bit less that 10 penalties a season going forward we should be okay on the contract.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:37 AM 12-20-2023
Our defense is going to feast. :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:39 AM 12-20-2023
Everyone on offense has regressed this year, but Clyde. Makes you wonder how good Rice really is
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:10 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Knowing what Veach was prepared to give that ****ing idiot somewhat takes the sting off the Jawaan Taylor contract. A 6/138 that is essentially a 5/95 for an inferior player compared to a 4/80 that is essentially a 3/60, and if Jawaan Taylor just reverts back to his Jacksonville form of committing a bit less that 10 penalties a season going forward we should be okay on the contract.
Here's the other thing, Taylor has actually been really good minus the penalties. I know it has been ridiculous how many there have been, but part of that is because he's being targeted. Half those penalties have been pure bullshit.

If I had to take Brown's deal at LT or Taylor's at RT, I'm still taking Taylor no questions asked.
[Reply]
-King- 09:18 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Here's the other thing, Taylor has actually been really good minus the penalties. I know it has been ridiculous how many there have been, but part of that is because he's being targeted. Half those penalties have been pure bullshit.

If I had to take Brown's deal at LT or Taylor's at RT, I'm still taking Taylor no questions asked.
I'd take Orlando's current deal plus the WR we'd have money to sign over Taylors deal. Despite the pressures allowed, I saw what Mahomes could do with a proven WR even with Orlando as his LT.

Now we're overpaying for an RT which apparently kept us from signing a WR and complaining that it's BS that the refs flag him for 0.3% of his snaps even though he actually false starts 90% of them.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:21 AM 12-20-2023
It's okay, fuck the PC police. Let Rice Rape!
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:25 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dodged a ****ing bullet here. Dude is leading the league in pressures given up AGAIN :-)

Yeah, I was an OBJ hater but it's hard to laugh about that given the dramatic drop-off in our offense. Not saying it's OBJ, but it's something.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:29 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'd take Orlando's current deal plus the WR we'd have money to sign over Taylors deal. Despite the pressures allowed, I saw what Mahomes could do with a proven WR even with Orlando as his LT.

Now we're overpaying for an RT which apparently kept us from signing a WR and complaining that it's BS that the refs flag him for 0.3% of his snaps even though he actually false starts 90% of them.
Well to be fair, if Brown had told the Chiefs he'd take 4 years and 60 million or whatever it ended up being, you can bet your ass Veach would have had a contract in front of him within minutes.

The problem is Brown was never going to be a Chief for that number. So the comparison really isn't really apples to apples. It would be Taylor for 4/80 or Brown at whatever insane number he was asking for. Sure, the Chiefs could have waited to see what the market would dictate, but that would have been a huge risk and I'm betting Brown still would have tucked his tail and left because of how embarrassed he was after the whole thing.
[Reply]
-King- 10:00 AM 12-20-2023
Well to be fair, if Brown had told the Chiefs he'd take 4 years and 60 million or whatever it ended up being, you can bet your ass Veach would have had a contract in front of him within minutes.

The problem is Brown was never going to be a Chief for that number. So the comparison really isn't really apples to apples. It would be Taylor for 4/80 or Brown at whatever insane number he was asking for. Sure, the Chiefs could have waited to see what the market would dictate, but that would have been a huge risk and I'm betting Brown still would have tucked his tail and left because of how embarrassed he was after the whole thing.
I am glad we were smart enough to not cave to his demands and im glad he was dumb enough not to take what we offered him. I just wish we didn't turn around and give 80m to a RT. I really hope Taylor spends all off season practicing his snap jumps. It's fucking ridiculous that the onus is on the refs to ignore his false starts 100% of the time rather than the 99% of the time they do now instead of him simply adjusting and playing right.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:02 AM 12-20-2023
I am glad we were smart enough to not cave to his demands and im glad he was dumb enough not to take what we offered him. I just wish we didn't turn around and give 80m to a RT. I really hope Taylor spends all off season practicing his snap jumps. It's fucking ridiculous that the onus is on the refs to ignore his false starts 100% of the time rather than the 99% of the time they do now instead of him simply adjusting and playing right.
Yes, but have you considered that Lane Johnson false starts a lot too!!!1!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Our defense is going to feast. :-)
Omenihu is destroying tackles and seems like exactly the kind of player Orlando is going to struggle with.
[Reply]
Balto 10:05 AM 12-20-2023

HUH?

You do know that Taylor is hitting our cap this season for only $5.825M while OBJ is hitting Bengals cap for $10.398M? Think your mixed up a little.

It was Chris Jones holdout ass that kept us from not signing a WR not Taylor's $5.825M Cap hit.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 12-20-2023
Yeah, it was the Jones ordeal that did away with adding a WR.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 AM 12-20-2023

Taylor sucked against the Patriots. Hopefully it was just a bad game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:48 AM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Taylor sucked against the Patriots. Hopefully it was just a bad game.
Huh? That was Trey Smith constantly getting wrecked, not Taylor.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 56
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up