ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 219
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Somehow ended up right in front of all the recruits for this one. I definitely booed Brady Cook with everyone else. Don’t feel bad about it in the slightest. I also pointed out that Drink was coaching the last possession like a 3 year old playing Madden and I saw a lot of the recruits laugh and agree. We won that game, but better management would have put us in a better shot to not just pray for a miracle kick. Great game, though. Was a perfect day for football!
You're a moron.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:53 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're a moron.
You don’t think fans booing the players and laughing at the staff is a good recruiting strategy?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:55 PM 09-16-2023
Man, some of y'all are making me look like a homer today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You don’t think fans booing the players and laughing at the staff is a good recruiting strategy?
I certainly don't understand spending 4+ hours on a Saturday going to a ballgame, shitting on your own squad and then congratulating yourself for being wrong on the internet.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:58 PM 09-16-2023
I certainly don't understand spending 4+ hours on a Saturday going to a ballgame, shitting on your own squad and then congratulating yourself for being wrong on the internet.
Reminds me of this.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:00 PM 09-16-2023
Yes he was.

And when he went for it on 4th and 2, he had a healthy QB that could (and did) take it himself. And they'd driven the ball forward a little on 2nd down. They werent on their heels like they were on that drive in the 4th facing 4th and 7.

There were silly mindless penalties that fall on preparation and he deserves heat for that. But everything else from a game management perspective was well handled. This "we should've been leading 24-14" shit is nonsense. Cook was hurt and I still see no reason to assume Horn was gonna come in cold and lead a TD drive. So they worked the clock and kept K-State from getting a drive to end the half. That's proper game management based on the situation rather than the mindless dogmatic nonsense being thrown around in this thread.

Eli coached a good game. Are his players as disciplined as they should be? No, I dont think so and again he has to wear that. But was he taken shots downfield? Yeah - a bunch of them. Did he adjust his offensive gameplan on the fly and get it lined out by the 4th quarter when his QB couldn't do what he had hoped for coming into the game because of injury? Yeah, he absolutely did. Did he handle the short yardage go/no go decisions well? Absolutely.

And yet you're still in here saying he coached a bad game. That's asinine.
Some people have comfortably shifted back into the Pinkel era. Yeah we won but they punted when they should have gone for thst first down. Fucking Gary!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Man, some of y'all are making me look like a homer today.
Right? I've been openly critical of some of what this team has done. I've been critical of Drink and wary of Cook.

But this shit from the same fucking guys who see the world as they want it to be rather than as it is has gone way beyond the pale.

We beat the 15th ranked team in the country and now it's "well when we play good teams...". Dafuq? A week ago we were gonna get dog walked and now K-State is St Mary's academy for the blind. "We should've been up 24-14" with an injured starter and a backup who's not nearly as mobile and doesn't process as quickly with an OL that is struggling. Yeah, that's rational.

No credit for anything that got done WELL. Just a bunch of bitching about how the staff doesn't do it exactly how they would and revisionist nonsense.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:01 PM 09-16-2023
Right? I've been openly critical of some of what this team has done. I've been critical of Drink and wary of Cook.

But this shit from the same ****ing guys who see the world as they want it to be rather than as it is has gone way beyond the pale.

We beat the 15th ranked team in the country and now it's "well when we play good teams...". Dafuq? A week ago we were gonna get dog walked and now K-State is St Mary's academy for the blind. "We should've been up 24-14" with an injured starter and a backup who's not nearly as mobile and doesn't process as quickly with an OL that is struggling. Yeah, that's rational.

No credit for anything that got done WELL. Just a bunch of bitching about how the staff doesn't do it exactly how they would and revisions nonsense.
Some really embrace the Missery life.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 09-16-2023
Somehow ended up right in front of all the recruits for this one. I definitely booed Brady Cook with everyone else. Don’t feel bad about it in the slightest. I also pointed out that Drink was coaching the last possession like a 3 year old playing Madden and I saw a lot of the recruits laugh and agree. We won that game, but better management would have put us in a better shot to not just pray for a miracle kick. Great game, though. Was a perfect day for football!
Why would you boo Cook today? Was 23-35 for 356 yards, 2 TDS, and 0 INTs not good enough for you against the #15 team in the country?

Zero people believe those recruits are anywhere NEAR as stupid as you.
[Reply]
redfan 03:12 PM 09-16-2023
That'll look good on a resume, nice win Mizzou!
[Reply]
Jerm 03:19 PM 09-16-2023
Be interesting to see if Mizzou is ranked…
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:20 PM 09-16-2023
Nwaneri on Mizzou's win over K-State:

"Just feel like it was a great win all around. MIZ!"

https://twitter.com/isaiahgroves11/s...41799169077569

Isaiah Groves: After an AMAZING visit, I’m extremely blessed to receive an offer from
@MizzouFootball
🐯#Mizzou

James Madison II: best fans and team in the world !!!🖤🐯🐯 M-I-Z !!!! #STP
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Be interesting to see if Mizzou is ranked…
They probably will.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. But if you start 3-0 and get a ranked win from a power conference, you're probably gonna be ranked.

They're still too erratic for my tastes, but I think they can beat anyone outside of the top 10 on a good day. The defense can keep them in most games and the offense has moments as well as a true blue-chip guy in Burden.

That's probably worth a ranking, but a tenuous one.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:29 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why would you boo Cook today? Was 23-35 for 356 yards, 2 TDS, and 0 INTs not good enough for you against the #15 team in the country?

Zero people believe those recruits are anywhere NEAR as stupid as you.
Nice reading comprehension. I booed him before the game like a lot of the other people there. I booed him because he has been just what we thought he would be all season before today and Drink continues to just trot him out there and hope for the best.

The mental mistakes today were ridiculous. The snap on 3rd down to an unready cook. A fucking delay of game out of a timeout when you’re already looking at a 56 yard FG. That stuff will definitely not work for us in SEC play. We can act like K-State is a real top 20 team but this K-State team hasn’t really proved anything and they were also playing with a hobbled QB. Fantastic kick, but let’s not sit here and put a bow on that pile of shit last drive.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:40 PM 09-16-2023
What a weird flex. Congrats booing a kid and making your home team look stupid in front of recruits I guess???
[Reply]
Page 49 of 219
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up