ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Womble 07:32 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Not nearly as much as it's going to embarrass you when the Bengals beat the Chiefs ass again and then hold the trophy next February.
Hehe

[Reply]
rydogg58 07:37 PM 04-05-2023
Not nearly as much as it's going to embarrass you when the Bengals beat the Chiefs ass again and then hold the trophy next February.
Recent history suggests we tend to come out alright after losing to the Bengals. I'll take our outcomes over what happens to you guys each time you beat us...nothing.
[Reply]
TEX 07:43 PM 04-05-2023
Bengal Fan...:-)
Never won anything, yet always runs mouth. Has much in common with Bills fan :-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:45 PM 04-05-2023
What would a Bengal fan know about holding a trophy in February?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:03 PM 04-05-2023
Wasn’t this supposed to happen last time? I’m getting a strong feeling of deja vu.

Downgrading your secondary and adding a turnstile (your words) at LT doesn’t seem like a great recipe for taking out Andy and Mahomes. Losing your top skill players to FA in a year or two definitely won’t be.

This was supposed to be the year to get the Chiefs. If you couldn’t take them down when they were putting a bunch of rookies on the field, with 4 of their top 5 WRs out, two of their top defenders injured, and Mahomes playing on one leg……well, good luck beating the more seasoned version with a bunch more draft picks and key holes filled. :-)

Tick tock, tick tock….
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:05 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Bengal Fan...:-)
Never won anything, yet always runs mouth. Has much in common with Bills fan :-)
It would seem that their three wins vs KC are the crowning achievement of their illustrious history.

I’ll take the three Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It is. Clay is physically incapable of crediting anyone else.
rent free you lil bitch
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:11 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was the thing that changed for me this year. I thought he did a good job shutting down interior/power rush moves in his first year with the Chiefs. That was not the case in 22, at least not consistently.
And he's not going to have Thuney next to him in Cinci.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:30 PM 09-16-2023
Brown not exactly getting off to a great start in Cincinnati.

There has been back and forth all offseason from Chiefs fans and Bengals fans over how good Brown actually is, but we all got to see Brown play in Week 1 starting at left tackle for the Bengals as he went up against Myles Garrett of the Cleveland Browns. The Bengals were clobbered by the Browns in week one and Myles Garrett sure got his against Orlando Brown just like we saw in Orlando Brown's first game with the Chiefs a couple of years ago. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was rather flustered all game and he passed for a lowly 77 yards in the team's season opener.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:44 PM 09-16-2023
Better slip some ghost pepper powder in Burrow's socks. He will need to move those feet
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:59 PM 09-16-2023
Brown isn't awful, but he always seemed like a guy with... very average athleticism. He might still be an upgrade for the 'gals over what they had before, but he's going to struggle working 1v1 against someone like Garrett.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I really hope Veach is establishing a 'fuck around and find out' reputation.

If you want to stay, don't anchor. I know that you can get away with that in most negotiating settings and by and large its considered standard operating procedure. Shoot high, we'll exchange numbers we don't really expect to get accepted and we'll settle in the middle...

Got it. Typical stuff.

Well Veach doesn't seem interested in that crap.

Brett: "We think you're worth X"

Slapdick: "I think I should re-set the market"

{click}

Brett: "Martha, Get plan B on the phone!"

"Hey slapdick, I think you're worth X"

Slapdick B: "I think I'm worth X.2"

Brett: "Done"

Just come correct to the table and he'll get something done. But if you want to play hardball, he's moving on. So...stop fucking playing hardball. Mahomes, Kelce and Jones are the only 3 guys that might be able to twist his arm. The rest of you fellas are support staff and WILL be replaced if you or your agent are gonna be dickheads about this process.
Guess not...
[Reply]
DRM08 01:03 AM 09-17-2023
Guess not...
Yeah. It seems only 1 guy could twist arms in the KC front office, but so far Mahomes has taken the opposite approach. Kelce has a legit argument for deserving much higher compensation. But I think they would tell him to screw off just like Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:28 AM 09-17-2023
Guess not...

[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 12-20-2023
Dodged a fucking bullet here. Dude is leading the league in pressures given up AGAIN :-)

Most pressures allowed this season, per PFF:

Orlando Brown Jr. - 50
Dan Moore Jr. - 48
Trey Pipkins - 48

Moore hasn’t played nearly as many pass blocking snaps as Brown either. The Steelers need a different solution at LT in 2024.

— Daniel Valente (@StatsGuyDaniel) December 19, 2023

[Reply]
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up