Page 48 of 103
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 05:15 PM 08-02-2022
The Bader/Montgomery trade was good for both teams. I just wish Mo would have let his nuts drop and gotten Soto.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:18 PM 08-02-2022
Mozeliak actually redeemed himself but I still want him canned
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:19 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The Bader/Montgomery trade was good for both teams. I just wish Mo would have let his nuts drop and gotten Soto.
I don't think it was good for the Yankees at all.

They gave up a good middle rotation starter who has another year of team control for a CF that has plantar fasciitis, which impacts the biggest asset he has (his defense) while barely being able to be hit worth a damn.
[Reply]
Miles 05:23 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
This is the first tradeline where I'm not pissed off or underwhelmed in quite awhile.
Yeah I’m happy with the trades a well and didn’t feel like they gave up too much. Mostly just hoped for one of the bigger fish.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:55 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Miles:
Yeah I’m happy with the trades a well and didn’t feel like they gave up too much. Mostly just hoped for one of the bigger fish.
I suppose as opposed to a Lester/Happ it’s a slight upgrade, but kinda feels like instead of going from dating a 4 to a 5…when the goal is setting your standard to going balls deep in nothing lower then a 9.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:59 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I suppose as opposed to a Lester/Happ it’s a slight upgrade, but kinda feels like instead of going from dating a 4 to a 5…when the goal is setting your standard to going balls deep in nothing lower then a 9.
I think you’re severely underestimating how good Montgomery is and how giving up Bader is probably the best move long term as it clears a way for Walker to play sooner.

Short of getting Soto, this is probably the best I would expect the Cardinals to do. And while I still disagree with the FO’s overall approach, I can’t be upset with what they did at the deadline.

Happ and Lester were both pitching below league replacement level before coming to STL. Quintana and Montgomery aren’t and are both having good seasons and peripherals to match their success.

They aren’t reclamation projects like Masterson, Happ, LeBlanc, Lester, Ross, etc.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:13 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think you’re severely underestimating how good Montgomery is and how giving up Bader is probably the best move long term as it clears a way for Walker to play sooner.

Short of getting Soto, this is probably the best I would expect the Cardinals to do. And while I still disagree with the FO’s overall approach, I can’t be upset with what they did at the deadline.

Happ and Lester were both pitching below league replacement level before coming to STL. Quintana and Montgomery aren’t and are both having good seasons and peripherals to match their success.

They aren’t reclamation projects like Masterson, Happ, LeBlanc, Lester, Ross, etc.
How does offloading Bader get Walker a clearer path?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:15 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
How does offloading Bader get Walker a clearer path?
Carlson stays in CF and that opens a corner outfield spot for Walker.

He is supposed to start playing outfield in the minors soon.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:16 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Carlson stays in CF and that opens a corner outfield spot for Walker.

He is supposed to start playing outfield in the minors soon.
Huh, I didn't know that. I know they had some concerns about his defense at third.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:17 PM 08-02-2022
And Carlson just hit a 2 run homer after making a great catch to end the previous inning.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:17 PM 08-02-2022

Starting tonight, #STLCards top prospect Jordan Walker — who has played exclusively third base until now — will begin seeing time at all three outfield spots.

TV: Bally Sports Midwest
Stream: https://t.co/QiZXjEQLVA pic.twitter.com/VPxbtZaQt1

— Bally Sports Midwest (@BallySportsMW) August 3, 2022

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:23 PM 08-02-2022
Expected but this still piss’s me off.

#STLCards Pres. John Mozeliak on improving the roster: “Getting to the postseason & getting the opportunity to get to the World Series, I don’t think anybody is going to claim they built a World Series club today. If we get hot, we can play with anybody & hopefully we get hot.”

— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) August 2, 2022

[Reply]
bdj23 07:26 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Expected but this still piss’s me off.

You can't get much hotter than a 17 game winning streak, which then resulted in 1 road playoff game. Then you fired the manager

I hate Bozoliak
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:28 PM 08-02-2022
I don't know if its me or what I think Walker ends up in right field.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:29 PM 08-02-2022
DJ must be working on a really long really angry post.................
[Reply]
Page 48 of 103
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up