1999 Rams: 13-3
2002 Bucs: 12-4
1985 Bears: 15-1
2000 Ravens: 12-4
1998 Broncos: 14-2
1996 Packers: 13-3
1991 Redskins: 14-2

2021 Bills: 11-6

Which team doesn't actually belong on this fucking list? They lost SIX games against one of the easiest schedules in the league. This margin of victory narrative is pure unadulterated manufactured bullshit.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:15 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just have a feeling that this game is not going to be close.

Like...

If the Chiefs have an 'A' game, they'll win by three scores.

and if they lay an egg, they'll lose by multiple scores.

But I don't see that happening, not in the play-offs, and not with Mahomes.

You'd think this would be a tight game, but it just feels like an unexpected blow-out.
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I feel the opposite. This is going to be a blowout. One team, hopefully KC, is going to get up by two scores quickly and the other team will start pressing and making mistakes.
I think this game is going to be very close, actually. I suspect whomever has the ball last will win.

I know we're going hard into rah-rah mode here, but the Bills have done a Veach-like job of completely revamping their passrush. They have the league's top pressure rate, and our OL does give up pressures. Our passrush has been spotty as well and if it isn't on early, Allen gets comfortable in the pocket and the game will feel uncomfortable down the stretch. Sean McDermott and Brian Daboll are fantastic offensive designers.

At the same time, Mahomes is going to put up at least 25 points in this game. He's simply too good, too creative, and too competitive to be out of absolutely any game (unless of course his entire starting line is out with injury). Andy Reid and Spags are both world class game designers.

Both of these teams are as close to blowout-proof as it gets.

It's going to be close.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think this game is going to be very close, actually. I suspect whomever has the ball last will win.

I know we're going hard into rah-rah mode here, but the Bills have done a Veach-like job of completely revamping their passrush. They have the league's top pressure rate, and our OL does give up pressures. Our passrush has been spotty as well and if it isn't on early, Allen gets comfortable in the pocket and the game will feel uncomfortable down the stretch. Sean McDermott and Brian Daboll are fantastic offensive designers.

At the same time, Mahomes is going to put up at least 25 points in this game. He's simply too good, too creative, and too competitive to be out of absolutely any game (unless of course his entire starting line is out with injury). Andy Reid and Spags are both world class game designers.

Both of these teams are as close to blowout-proof as it gets.

It's going to be close.
Good.

The Chiefs are 5-3 in games decided by a TD or less. The Bills are 0-5.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:18 AM 01-19-2022

Betty White’s last word was “Allen”before she passed away. This was the first name of her late husband but I’m taking it as a sign the #BuffaloBills are winning the super bowl. Thanks Betty ����#billsmafia

— Kristin (@kristin_kom) January 19, 2022

[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:19 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Good.

Now that is a relevant stat.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:20 AM 01-19-2022
1999 Rams: 13-3
2002 Bucs: 12-4
1985 Bears: 15-1
2000 Ravens: 12-4
1998 Broncos: 14-2
1996 Packers: 13-3
1991 Redskins: 14-2

2021 Bills: 11-6

Which team doesn't actually belong on this fucking list? They lost SIX games against one of the easiest schedules in the league. This margin of victory narrative is pure unadulterated manufactured bullshit.
Chiefs last year were 14-2. How many games did we have big leads then go conservative the rest of the way?

That alone tells you how dumb margin of victory is.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:24 AM 01-19-2022
Good.

I mean, there's absolutely a reason for that.

The Bills offense can absolutely get down the field and score to win a game in a standard two-minute drill.

But the Chiefs don't need two minutes. Mahomes doesn't need two minutes.

He's too creative, too smart, and can hit any point on the field to any receiver.

I think these two teams are absolutely evenly matched, I really do. But the sheer insane talent of Patrick Mahomes means the Chiefs have more room to make mistakes than the Bills do, and need less room to succeed than the Bills do.

I'm picking this game Chiefs, but I'm like 55/45 on that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:24 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Now that is a relevant stat.
Yep, if they’re not able to blow the opposing team out, then they likely lose. I wonder how many come from behind victorious Allen has this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 01-19-2022

The Bills offense can absolutely get down the field and score to win a game in a standard two-minute drill.

He's too creative, too smart, and can hit any point on the field to any receiver.

I think these two teams are absolutely evenly matched, I really do. But the sheer insane talent of Patrick Mahomes means the Chiefs have more room to make mistakes than the Bills do, and need less room to succeed than the Bills do.

It all boils down to the fact that the Bills jump on teams. Josh Allen is fine, even great, when they have a lead and they're pushing to score more.

When they're behind or things go badly, it tends to snowball.

That doesn't happen with Mahomes. Things can go badly, like against the Steelers - and he can bounce back and turn it back on.

Josh Allen really hasn't EVER done that. He's pounced on many teams but he's never really performed in the clutch.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:27 AM 01-19-2022

Well obviously Allen can’t get down the field with 2 minutes left, because he’s 0-5 in games decided by a TD or less. See how that works? If he’s driving last minute to win a game, chances are it’s within a TD. And he’s 0-5 in those games, soooo.
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:28 AM 01-19-2022
A sore point to me is I hear a lot of the talking heads saying the Bucs loss to the Rams earlier in the season is an advantage to the Bucs because they now know what to expect from the Rams and they will be better prepared this time while at the same time using the Bills victory earlier in the year as "proof" that the Bills are the better team. I guess the Chiefs are unable to learn like other teams. :-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:28 AM 01-19-2022
It all boils down to the fact that the Bills jump on teams. Josh Allen is fine, even great, when they have a lead and they're pushing to score more.

When they're behind or things go badly, it tends to snowball.

That doesn't happen with Mahomes. Things can go badly, like against the Steelers - and he can bounce back and turn it back on.

Josh Allen really hasn't EVER done that. He's pounced on many teams but he's never really performed in the clutch.
Chiefs are #1 in the league in first quarter points, too.

Which team is better equipped for a 60-minute dogfight? I don't think this season has given us a strong enough answer to that question, actually, but we've at least seen the Chiefs can win one.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:28 AM 01-19-2022
This is the problem with the click bait media that is prevalent now.

The Bills are a good team. So are the Chiefs. Instead of doing this “the Bills are going to blow them out of the water” bullshit….talk about specific matchups and how strengths and weaknesses come into play.

Instead it’s…”I’d rather have Allen than Mahomes at QB” and other stupid nonsense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
A sore point to me is I hear a lot of the talking heads saying the Bucs loss to the Rams earlier in the season is an advantage to the Bucs because they now know what to expect from the Rams and they will be better prepared this time while at the same time using the Bills victory earlier in the year as "proof" that the Bills are the better team. I guess the Chiefs are unable to learn like other teams. :-)
There's only one Tom Brady.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:28 AM 01-19-2022

The difference is that the Chiefs can put their Golden State Warriors hat on and score belligerently at any given moment. They just scored 5 TD’a less than 11 minutes of football time.

Josh Allen is gonna have to score TD’s every drive if he wants to win this game. I don’t think he does that to that level.

I’m seeing this game as a high scoring affair but Mahomes has a little more juice.

Bills 38
Chiefs 48
[Reply]
Page 48 of 104
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up