ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How broke are you?
R8RFAN 11:32 AM 03-18-2011
Instead of hijacking a thread lets make our own...
How far up to your ass are you in debt are you?
How close are you to filing for Bankruptcy.
How many of you borrow from Mom and Dad because you are sorry as hell and have to drive that car that sounds like a pissed off bumble bee?

Let's get it on you broke dick bastards...

It's on :-)

I will start the thread

0 Mortgage debt
0 Consumer debt
0 Car payments

Bills I owe
Directv
Insurance
Taxes
Utilities
Food
and Cell Phone (thanks luv)
[Reply]
SupDock 04:50 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Life in Tampa or wherever in Floridastan must be good.

Where has housing prices increased the most in the last few years at least in terms of percentage?
Maybe east valley of Phoenix? We have gained 120k plus in 11 months. (33 percent). I suspect we could get more than that. Everything is going for over list and often cash on the same day. People exiting California.
[Reply]
SupDock 06-16-2021, 04:51 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock.
Bearcat 05:22 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Maybe east valley of Phoenix? We have gained 120k plus in 11 months. (33 percent). I suspect we could get more than that. Everything is going for over list and often cash on the same day. People exiting California.
Yeah, it's nuts... I kind of want to list mine for like 150% of what I paid just a few years ago to see if someone would actually pay it (the internet seems to think someone would). And if so, move into some fixer upper, or hell, find something cheap to rent for a bit.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:28 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, PMI is a fucking scam and is a thing up to having 20% of the loan paid off... it may still make sense to throw $100-200 down the toilet for a while as opposed to rent, but that's one mental hurdle that's tough for me to get past because the whole concept is so fucking stupid.
Mine was $95/month on a ~$200k mortgage. However, due to the rapid appreciation I was able to refi only 3 years in to get rid of it, so I only paid ~$3500 due to it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:45 PM 06-16-2021
People outside of CA want this to be true so so bad. The house next to me (in San Diego) just sold for $70K above asking price. The value of the home grew over $200K in the last two years.

My coworker just sold one of his houses a few months ago. It sold within 48hrs and he got $50K above asking price.

What's really happening is that the value of CA homes are just that much fucking more than everywhere else. Real Estate here is insane. Pssst it's not because no one wants to live here.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:50 PM 06-16-2021
Yeah, it's nuts... I kind of want to list mine for like 150% of what I paid just a few years ago to see if someone would actually pay it (the internet seems to think someone would). And if so, move into some fixer upper, or hell, find something cheap to rent for a bit.
If you were a retired Californian you woulda bought a $500K house a few years ago that'd now be worth well over $800K, and then sell the damn thing for almost $900K, then move out of state and pocket a couple hundred racks. You'd end up moving next door to some full-of-hot-air conservative that will tell you the real reason you left Cali was because of politics when in reality it was because it'd be fucking dumb not to considering the profit $$$
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:11 PM 06-16-2021
People exiting California.
The net loss last year was 181,000 people, which isn't even a half of a percentage point when there are 43 million in California.

But hey, I'm all for it. If millions were to leave SoCal, maybe I'd spend less time on the freeways stuck in parking lot-style traffic.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:15 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Mine was $95/month on a ~$200k mortgage. However, due to the rapid appreciation I was able to refi only 3 years in to get rid of it, so I only paid ~$3500 due to it.
KCU's question made me think about how much you'd actually end up paying, and yeah, I think in many/most cases, it would make sense over renting for however many years it would take you to save up.

I'd probably want to punch a banker in the face every month I grudgingly paid it.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:17 PM 06-16-2021
Doing good for our age but still really bummed we didn’t rent our first (built 2012) and 2nd house (built 2016) out when we left. With the equity paid off during that time alone and appreciation we’d have $150k in those houses in less than 10 years. That’s not counting profit from rent and depreciation either.

Oh well. You live and you learn
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:17 PM 06-16-2021
4 years ago we were worth half a million and had less than $25k in debt. Then some life things happened that changed my perspective on things. Today we are worth about the same and have around $100k in debt, but we are living a far better lifestyle. Live a little...you can't take it with you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Life in Tampa or wherever in Floridastan must be good.

Where has housing prices increased the most in the last few years at least in terms of percentage?
anything on the water in Florida has exploded. when I moved to St. Pete in 2010, it was considered Gods waiting room because of all the old people. They made Cocoon about a mile from me. It had seen its better days. But, we could afford to buy a house on the water here. So we bought a house.

Now, It’s the millennials moving in from all over the USA. It’s a boom town. I’m on the water. If I had bought a downtown condo instead of a house, I’d made $500K+ so far. It’s ridiculous. It’s basic market supply and demand capitalism.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:44 PM 06-16-2021
KCU's question made me think about how much you'd actually end up paying, and yeah, I think in many/most cases, it would make sense over renting for however many years it would take you to save up.

I'd probably want to punch a banker in the face every month I grudgingly paid it.
Feel interest rates would be an additional consideration.

We’re living in a buy no matter what generation.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:09 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
People outside of CA want this to be true so so bad. The house next to me (in San Diego) just sold for $70K above asking price. The value of the home grew over $200K in the last two years.

My coworker just sold one of his houses a few months ago. It sold within 48hrs and he got $50K above asking price.

What's really happening is that the value of CA homes are just that much ****ing more than everywhere else. Real Estate here is insane. Pssst it's not because no one wants to live here.
I never said people are leaving for political reasons. I just said people are moving to AZ because they get more home for the money and are pocketing cash
[Reply]
lewdog 07:15 PM 06-16-2021
Our house here in Phoenix gained 30% equity in the past 12 months. It’s pretty absurd IMO.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:22 PM 06-16-2021
Its almost as if some alarms bell should be going off, but I'm sure everything is fine
[Reply]
Monticore 07:35 PM 06-16-2021
Property up here is pretty crazy , people leaving big city since most people can work from home now that you can bye waterfront property up here easily when you sell your Toronto home. Just sold my rental got 20k k Ed list cash no conditions in a week, it was old shithole.

As far as debt goes we don’t have much maybe 100k left on lake house which we could pay off but we are making decent on investments right now so rather kick money into that, marrying a doctor helps lol.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Up