ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 163
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:33 AM 11-26-2022
I'm trying. I watched 90% of the England game. I played it when I was 7 and 8 but quickly quit since I liked basketball much much more. Maybe them actually winning will be helpful. Ill admit, watching women sports anything just doesn't do it for me.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:34 AM 11-26-2022
Danes need a win to advance, right?
[Reply]
Holladay 11:37 AM 11-26-2022
Good Grief. Any sports game that ends at 0-0 HAS to be riveting.

If it was Chiefs vs the Raiders and the score was 0-0, was it a good game?

Would you want to re-watch it and analyze it. I am sure the sports media would be drooling over such a game.

As an American, I guess I am spoiled as to what is called sports entertainment. I can see the rest of the world going "what a great game that was, hey, mate, lets go watch paint dry".
[Reply]
Monticore 11:44 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:

Would you want to re-watch it and analyze it. I an sure the sports media would be drooling over such a game.

As an American, I guess I am spoiled as to is called sports entertainment. I can see the rest of the world going "what a great game that was, hey, mate, lets go watch paint dry".
Basketball to me has way too much scoring hard to get supper excited over a mid range jumper to make the score 4-2 when you know it’s going to come down to the final possession in a 141-140 game , FF to the end please without the billion timeouts. I hear some people get excited over a 1-0 baseball game ending in the 12 walking in the winning run , sounds like 5 hours of fun.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:59 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Basketball to me has way too much scoring hard to get supper excited over a mid range jumper to make the score 4-2 when you know it’s going to come down to the final possession in a 141-140 game , FF to the end please without the billion timeouts. I hear some people get excited over a 1-0 baseball game ending in the 12 walking in the winning run , sounds like 5 hours of fun.
For me, it wouldn't be the 0-0 as much as the 4 SOG... even at 18 total shots, that's a shot every 5 minutes. Of course, there's more to appreciate than just scoring chances, but it makes it that much harder for people to get into it if they didn't either grow up watching or playing.

Might flip over to Argentina/Mexico and give it a shot, given Michigan/OSU seems to be going to commercial every 90 seconds or so. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:05 PM 11-26-2022
When does this World Cup thing finally come to the end?
[Reply]
Womble 12:09 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
“People here are acting” where the **** are you from. With all this “mate” talk and “everybody here” you must be implying you’re from England, and if that’s the case why the hell out of 32 football teams message boards would you join this one to talk soccer when there are hundreds of other places to talk soccer where you could have legit discussions?

Then again you’d think after that England usa game you’d be a bit more humbled about your squad and the American team but instead you’ve taken your douche bag level up a notch, so maybe I already have my answer.
Must be awful to have me in your head full time sipping on my baked bean sundae enjoying the meltdown. If you can't hack being called out for being a mong then put me on ignore. Nearly everything you've said in this thread is certifiable bollocks so what do you expect me to do? Any man hurt by words ain't a man at all.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:14 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm trying. I watched 90% of the England game. I played it when I was 7 and 8 but quickly quit since I liked basketball much much more. Maybe them actually winning will be helpful. Ill admit, watching women sports anything just doesn't do it for me.
As with anything, once you are emotionally attached it makes everything more interesting and intense.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:18 PM 11-26-2022
OK, it's pretty clear, a soccer player used to take Willie's lunch money because, well, soccer has him FUCKED up. And "Basketball!!!", what a pussy! :-)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:24 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Must be awful to have me in your head full time sipping on my baked bean sundae enjoying the meltdown. If you can't hack being called out for being a mong then put me on ignore. Nearly everything you've said in this thread is certifiable bollocks so what do you expect me to do? Any man hurt by words ain't a man at all.
What the hell are you even saying.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:27 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:

Would you want to re-watch it and analyze it. I am sure the sports media would be drooling over such a game.

As an American, I guess I am spoiled as to what is called sports entertainment. I can see the rest of the world going "what a great game that was, hey, mate, lets go watch paint dry".
It’s hard to compare a 0-0 football game to a 0-0 soccer game tbh.

Soccer scores are like hockey games tbh, but still scores a bit less than hockey yet the rule of thumb is that when you go to a hockey game in real life, you become a fan forever. The scores of certain sports really don’t depict the enjoyment of the game.

And if you did care enough to compare soccer and football, England game vs Irans 6-2 would equal out to a 42-14 score line if goals count as touchdowns…
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:44 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
True.

Our soccer players are following in the steps of the women's team. Focus on soccer and maybe they beat Wales.
Why you gotta fill every single thread with some type of "woke" bullshit talk.

I wish our men would follow in our women's footsteps because our women are the best in the entire world. That's not just recently, but since 1991. I put their world cup record in an earlier post, but didn't include their CONCACAF record. They've won 1st every single time, but once. They have 42 wins 1 loss 1 draw and the absolute most insane stat of that is their goals for and goals against. They have scored 212 goals and only allowed 6 in CONCACAF. That's complete domination.
[Reply]
Womble 12:44 PM 11-26-2022
The best international game in recent memory is the Italy Germany game from 2006 which was 0-0 until the 119th minute when Italy got the winner. Nil nil games can be boring but they can be incredible and much better than a scoring close game in the NFL like our ****ing disaster class versus the Colts this year.

https://youtu.be/EtEKVp-wRJU
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:46 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
It’s hard to compare a 0-0 football game to a 0-0 soccer game tbh.

Soccer scores are like hockey games tbh, but still scores a bit less than hockey yet the rule of thumb is that when you go to a hockey game in real life, you become a fan forever. The scores of certain sports really don’t depict the enjoyment of the game.

And if you did care enough to compare soccer and football, England game vs Irans 6-2 would equal out to a 42-14 score line if goals count as touchdowns…
In person hockey is by far the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to. It was college club hockey in Jefferson City lol. It was amazing.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:53 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why you gotta fill every single thread with some type of "woke" bullshit talk.

I wish our men would follow in our women's footsteps because our women are the best in the entire world. That's not just recently, but since 1991. I put their world cup record in an earlier post, but didn't include their CONCACAF record. They've won 1st every single time, but once. They have 42 wins 1 loss 1 draw and the absolute most insane stat of that is their goals for and goals against. They have scored 212 goals and only allowed 6 in CONCACAF. That's complete domination.
The players are being woke. Just facts.

Most of the world doesn't care about women's soccer. That is why our team dominates.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 163
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up