RealSNR 12:17 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
NOBODY'S TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF BRIDGEWATER AS A QB
manchambo was. Or whatever his name is.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:20 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
manchambo was. Or whatever his name is.
I know, and realistically any Denver conversation that doesn’t include a mention of Bridgewater’s skill level is pretty pointless right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:23 PM 03-10-2022
I never claimed any such thing. I only entered the conversation to correct the absurd notion that if some scrub like DJ Moore could succeed with Bridgewater then anyone who couldn’t was obviously not talented. And yes, I would gladly take Moore over any of the 3 Denver receivers.

In the grand scheme, obviously Bridgewater’s talent level is the major factor here, because him being replaced by Wilson is the main variable between DEN’s 2021 offense and its 2022 offense.
So to recap:

When someone else's argument falls apart upon even a cursory inspection, you inserted yourself into the middle of said conversation to 'rebut' an assertion that was never made.

Got it.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:27 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So to recap:

When someone else's argument falls apart upon even a cursory inspection, you inserted yourself into the middle of said conversation to 'rebut' an assertion that was implied.

Got it.
FYP. And yes, it’s fun.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:53 PM 03-10-2022
Let me get this straight: the 18th ranked passing offense in 2020 is competent, while the 19th ranked passing offense in 2021 is garbage.
:-)

I thought we were comparing WR groups, no? So now you’re bringing TE’s and RB’s into the discussion? So we doing the apples to oranges comparison now?

The FACTS are that three separate WR’s with Carolina in 2020 with Teddy Bridgewater at QB each put up more yards individually than ANY Bronco receiver this year . . . . . . . with the same Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

So while Teddy is only an average QB at best, it seems to me we can draw 2 conclusions from that:

1. Your ‘talented’ WR group is not as talented as you think.

2. Maybe, perhaps, Teddy wasn’t your main (or at least only) issue this year? Maybe you need better skill position players, particularly at WR.

Just a thought.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:11 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I thought we were comparing WR groups, no? So now you’re bringing TE’s and RB’s into the discussion? So we doing the apples to oranges comparison now?

The FACTS are that three separate WR’s with Carolina in 2020 with Teddy Bridgewater at QB each put up more yards individually than ANY Bronco receiver this year . . . . . . . with the same Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

So while Teddy is only an average QB at best, it seems to me we can draw 2 conclusions from that:

1. Your ‘talented’ WR group is not as talented as you think.

2. Maybe, perhaps, Teddy wasn’t your main (or at least only) issue this year? Maybe you need better skill position players, particularly at WR.

Just a thought.
I don't know what the apparently strict terms of your discussion were before I showed up, but maybe the disparity in WR stats has something to do with the fact that the top 3 WRs at CAR were targeted 351 times in 2020, while the top 3 WRs at DEN were targeted 239 times in 2021. CAR didn't use a TE pretty much at all (39 targets total).

If the offensive philosophy between the teams was so different, wouldn't we get a better picture by considering al the pass catchers instead of just limiting ourselves to one section?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:11 PM 03-10-2022
I give up. :-)

Denver’s WR group is clearly elite.

I’m sure they will all put up 1000+ yards this season with Wilson at QB.

[Reply]
MagicHef 03:32 PM 03-10-2022

What a weird response, I didn’t say anything like that. Do you think that CAR’s WRs getting nearly 1 1/2 times as many targets could have contributed to their increased production?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:41 PM 03-10-2022
Really choose 70 year old Pete over Russ lmao

Ongoing dissension between Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson was a key factor in Wilson being traded, according to multiple sources. “I think Russell was done with Pete’s run-first, conservative approach,” one said. “Pete won’t adapt. The offensive staff felt the same.” #Seahawks

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 10, 2022

[Reply]
MagicHef 03:54 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Really choose 70 year old Pete over Russ lmao

I’m in Seattle, and I don’t know anyone here who is happy about this trade.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:55 PM 03-10-2022
What a weird response, I didn’t say anything like that. Do you think that CAR’s WRs getting nearly 1 1/2 times as many targets could have contributed to their increased production?
Well, of course.

Generally speaking, though, I think more targets are given to the players that each team thinks will be the most successful. Or if not the coaches, then certainly the QB (it’s his pass to make, after all).

I think in 2020, Teddy had confidence in and felt comfortable throwing to his top 3 WR’s in Carolina. Which is why they had more targets. And they didn’t have a reliable TE. And McCaffrey (a great receiving back) was injured most of the year.

In Denver, I think Teddy (and the coaching staff) felt more comfortable distributing the ball around to other targets (TE’s, RB’s for instance) than focusing on his WR’s.

Is that because Teddy (and the coaching staff) thought they would be more successful targeting the TE’s and RB’s more and the WR’s less? If that’s the case, why? Were they THAT confident in Albert O., Noah, Javonte and Melvin as receivers as opposed to the WR group? Or did they have concerns about their WR group being reliable targets? Did Teddy not trust them? Did the coaching staff not trust them (they’re the ones who design the game plans, after all).

Regardless, ultimately what matters is what’s put on the field. Results speak for themselves. Any Denver fan (or media talking head or prognosticator) that wants to prop up Denver’s WR group as ‘elite’ when they have proven NOTHING on the field (outside of one good year by Sutton) is an idiot.

They have not been a Russell Wilson away from being Chase, Higgins and Boyd or Kupp, Woods and OBJ or even Hill, Watkins, and Hardman.

I find it amusing that some of you Donko fans seem to think that.

I guess we’ll all find out this year, won’t we?
[Reply]
manchambo 05:04 PM 03-10-2022

I don't see how they all could. But is it really that strange to think Sutton or Patrick, who put up 775 and 730, respectively in 2021, will put up a thousand yard year with a much better QB?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:18 PM 03-10-2022
The worst thing about this is that we have to listen to fucking Denver fans run their fucking mouths until November or December now instead of just October. It's intolerable!
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:27 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The worst thing about this is that we have to listen to fucking Denver fans run their fucking mouths until November or December now instead of just October. It's intolerable!
I find that I suddenly care about football a lot more. With Siemian/Oswieler/Bridgewater/etc, I just couldn’t be bothered.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:29 PM 03-10-2022
I find that I suddenly care about football a lot more. With Siemian/Oswieler/Bridgewater/etc, I just couldn’t be bothered.
Imagine that!

yeah, well, we suffered for a long, long time.

50 fucking years we wandered in the desert, but we still showed up.

so cry me a river.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 66
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up