ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 479 of 488
« First < 379429469475476477478479 480481482483 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 AM 06-13-2022
And just you know, King- I fully expect the Chiefs to be much better later in the year than early. I figure they'll win 12. Does that win the division? Dunno. I do figure nobody will want to play them in January.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:28 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Is anyone saying that? No. Nobody said that. As usual, you're being obtuse.
Alot of posters have
[Reply]
booger 07:28 AM 06-13-2022
https://nfltraderumors.co/panthers-h...lap-for-visit/

Dunlap visiting Panthers
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:33 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Alot of posters have
No, I don't think anyone is saying they're all going to be all-pros week one.

I think everyone expects some growing pains, some rookie mistakes and such, but feels that the huge upgrade in pure athleticism will mean they'll be better.

and I think the coaches have said as much, and I think it's reasonable to expect that they'll be better later in the year than earlier; although I think it would be tough to be as bad as Sorensen/Niemann even in week one. And Karlaftis should absolutely be better than anything we had at DE.

There will be some rookie mistakes, but we didn't draft a bunch of projects here until you get to Williams in round 4.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:40 AM 06-13-2022
Alright last shot at trying to explain Veach's approach this off-season. I don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes.

If The Chiefs ranked 7th in pass rush win rate, meaning that your front 4 was defeating their blocks in 2.5 seconds yet not getting sacks what does that reflect?

It means that opposing QBs were able to find an open receiver in 2.5 seconds.

2.5 seconds is very quick. This would indicate that KC had real problems covering. The eye test tells us that Sorensen was particularly awful, and that Niemann was really useless also. Both were directly targeted repeatedly.

Ward was decent, but has never played the ball particularly well. Mathieu was not his prior self either.....blah blah blah...blee blee bloh
I understand the thought process. But that's not what Veach was saying prior to the draft. He stated that he wanted to address the DL.

As far as the pressure rate stats....I feel like there has to be some sort of context to that. From the games that I watched mobile qbs were able to evade the pressure (The one game i can point to our pass rush actually being a factor is the Cowboys game)......a ton of rookie CBs won't fix that
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:12 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I understand the thought process. But that's not what Veach was saying prior to the draft. He stated that he wanted to address the DL.

As far as the pressure rate stats....I feel like there has to be some sort of context to that. From the games that I watched mobile qbs were able to evade the pressure (The one game i can point to our pass rush actually being a factor is the Cowboys game)......a ton of rookie CBs won't fix that
That may have been his plan at the time. At least 5 teams a year set out to find the next Patrick Mahomes. Then they dont. The NFL is a living breathing thing. You have to play the cards your dealt. And this was a weird ass offseason for us. The Tyreek thing fucked up free agency. Likely Veach thought they had a deal in place, that would free up enough cash for a vet pass rusher or at least a few jags. Then draft the position. The Reek trade happened too late to use any of that money on tier one FA's. This may be looked upon as a transition year in the future.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:15 AM 06-13-2022
No, I don't think anyone is saying they're all going to be all-pros week one.

I think everyone expects some growing pains, some rookie mistakes and such, but feels that the huge upgrade in pure athleticism will mean they'll be better.

and I think the coaches have said as much, and I think it's reasonable to expect that they'll be better later in the year than earlier; although I think it would be tough to be as bad as Sorensen/Niemann even in week one. And Karlaftis should absolutely be better than anything we had at DE.

There will be some rookie mistakes, but we didn't draft a bunch of projects here until you get to Williams in round 4.
Yes there have been plenty of posts in other threads "only the Chiefs can beat themaelves" this isn't true for this season
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:18 AM 06-13-2022

Well, it's not like he did nothing; he drafted a DE in round one. That's a significant investment. And it's still June, so perhaps he's not done.

At any rate, you can have a plan, but it still requires a lot of moving parts to play out exactly how you want them to. Perhaps this is the path that was available and the best value positionally.

And it's not just 'a bunch of rookie CB's'. You've replaced Ward (a former UDFA) with a first round rookie CB. You still have Sneed and Fenton.

Reid is no rookie, and is a bigger, faster Mathieu.

You've replaced Sorensen (an aging UDFA) with Cook, a bigger, faster, 2nd round talent.

You've replaced Niemann (an UDFA) with Chenal, a bigger, faster, stronger 3rd round talent.

This is a significant talent upgrade, rookie mistakes accepted. It's a big difference in ABILITY.

You don't get into project mode until you get to Williams.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:16 AM 06-13-2022
Yes there have been plenty of posts in other threads "only the Chiefs can beat themaelves" this isn't true for this season
The season has t even started yet. How can you say anything is gonna be anything when nothing has been started yet. We have the best quarterback, and coach in the division. I’m not worried.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:48 AM 06-13-2022
Well, it's not like he did nothing; he drafted a DE in round one. That's a significant investment. And it's still June, so perhaps he's not done.

At any rate, you can have a plan, but it still requires a lot of moving parts to play out exactly how you want them to. Perhaps this is the path that was available and the best value positionally.

And it's not just 'a bunch of rookie CB's'. You've replaced Ward (a former UDFA) with a first round rookie CB. You still have Sneed and Fenton.

Reid is no rookie, and is a bigger, faster Mathieu.

You've replaced Sorensen (an aging UDFA) with Cook, a bigger, faster, 2nd round talent.

You've replaced Niemann (an UDFA) with Chenal, a bigger, faster, stronger 3rd round talent.

This is a significant talent upgrade, rookie mistakes accepted. It's a big difference in ABILITY.

You don't get into project mode until you get to Williams.
Definitely needed length and athletic ability on the back end. Our DBs getting 'Mossed' over and over again was a problem. An athletic upgrade was needed on the front end too. We're going to continue to send lbs and cbs to get pressure. Maybe having better athletes to blitz will yield better results
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:52 AM 06-13-2022
Alot of posters have
Not really, no.

Are people optimistic that Trent McDuffie is going to be a better corner this year than Mike fucking Hughes?

Uhh... well, yes. Yes they are.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:57 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not really, no.

Are people optimistic that Trent McDuffie is going to be a better corner this year than Mike ****ing Hughes?

Uhh... well, yes. Yes they are.
Yes really they have
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:04 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
That may have been his plan at the time. At least 5 teams a year set out to find the next Patrick Mahomes. Then they dont. The NFL is a living breathing thing. You have to play the cards your dealt. And this was a weird ass offseason for us. The Tyreek thing ****ed up free agency. Likely Veach thought they had a deal in place, that would free up enough cash for a vet pass rusher or at least a few jags. Then draft the position. The Reek trade happened too late to use any of that money on tier one FA's. This may be looked upon as a transition year in the future.
From comments made early in the off season I knew we were not going to be big buyers in Free Agency this year. This feels like how we did things back in Carl's day (DAMMIT!); only spending much every other year in FA. For this reason I view this year as exactly that, a transition year. Next year will be very interesting to see what additional changes Brett has in store. The reload will be fantastic and the league won't know what hit them again!!!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 06-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
From comments made early in the off season I knew we were not going to be big buyers in Free Agency this year. This feels like how we did things back in Carl's day (DAMMIT!); only spending much every other year in FA. For this reason I view this year as exactly that, a transition year. Next year will be very interesting to see what additional changes Brett has in store. The reload will be fantastic and the league won't know what hit them again!!!
I agree. I think Veach and Reid are at a crossroads philisophically from the way things were handled while Mahomes was on a rookie deal. And imo this is the way it should be done. Build through the draft, be opportunistic with free agents and coach up UDFA's as much as possible. We've got to land somewhere between Green bay and the Rams right?
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:07 AM 06-14-2022

We should always listed to what GMs say before the draft, telling the general public and other teams their strategy is fair and smart.

See Veach does it the Right Way. NO FIBBING.
[Reply]
Page 479 of 488
« First < 379429469475476477478479 480481482483 > Last »
Up