Page 470 of 4905
« First < 370420460466467468469470 4714724734744805205709701470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
There are some of you, those who presume KC goes 12-4 and Denver goes 6-6, who may be in for a bit of disappointment in the upcoming season.
What fucking idiot thinks the Broncos go 6-6?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:01 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What ****ing idiot thinks the Broncos go 6-6?
:-). The whole team suspended for 4 games!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:08 PM 08-26-2016
There are some of you, those who presume KC goes 12-4 and Denver goes 6-6, who may be in for a bit of disappointment in the upcoming season.
I will assume that you meant to type 6-10 and respond to that. I am one of the ones who believe will be the records. Kansas City has the best offense they've had since Vermeil was here, and the D, while not as good as last year is still formidable. I have high expectations for this team. The Broncos have a very good defense no doubt, but the quarterback situation will doom them. 6-10 is the ceiling. But speaking of being disappointed, let's hear what you're expecting the records of our respective teams to be.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:21 PM 08-26-2016
About a month ago, I posted that KC would win 11 with Denver and Oak having 9 wins, while SD has 6.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
About a month ago, I posted that KC would win 11 with Denver and Oak having 9 wins, while SD has 6.
That's fair. Can't disagree much with that take.

We sometimes have our disagreements, but you're cool (for a Broncos fan) in my book.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:40 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That's fair. Can't disagree much with that take.

We sometimes have our disagreements, but you're cool (for a Broncos fan) in my book.
Don't buy into my passive aggressiveness though, once you think it's safe... BAM, I apparently just unload with an incredible cyber kick to the nuts. It's all part of my act.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:43 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, I remember that. I was asking Vailpass for his take. After seeing Sanchez flounder so badly, do you still think Denver pulls out 9 wins? I just don't see it. This is a quarterbaxk driven league. How do you win more than you lose with arguably the worst quarterback situation in the league?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
How do you win more than you lose with arguably the worst quarterback situation in the league?
Yeah, and Manning was washed up by week 9.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:04 PM 08-26-2016
I will assume that you meant to type 6-10 and respond to that. I am one of the ones who believe will be the records. Kansas City has the best offense they've had since Vermeil was here, and the D, while not as good as last year is still formidable. I have high expectations for this team. The Broncos have a very good defense no doubt, but the quarterback situation will doom them. 6-10 is the ceiling. But speaking of being disappointed, let's hear what you're expecting the records of our respective teams to be.
For me this is an especially hard year to make predictions. 3rd pre-season game is supposed to be a dress rehearsal for the 1st teamers but this year for Denver it's still a QB try-out. That is really not good at this point in the preseason.
But Denver has built a solid championship foundation on both sides of the ball to the point they can win through without an elite QB. 6-10 as the ceiling for the SB champs? I predict they will have a better record than that.

For KC, I admire the strides they've made over the last few years. They have a nice offense that is efficient if not prolific. After Maclin and Kelce there is nothing proven at either position though.
11 wins to close the year last year speaks for itself yet it can't be argued they played some 2nd string QBs and won't have that break this year. Nor will they have any CBs besides Peters.I just don't see KC's D as being good enough this year to keep them in low scoring games and I still don't see their O as being able to stand toe-to-toe in a scoring battle.
12-4? I predict they will have a worse record than that.
So, we'll see.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:09 PM 08-26-2016
For me this is an especially hard year to make predictions. 3rd pre-season game is supposed to be a dress rehearsal for the 1st teamers but this year for Denver it's still a QB try-out. That is really not good at this point in the preseason.
But Denver has built a solid championship foundation on both sides of the ball to the point they can win through without an elite QB. 6-10 as the ceiling for the SB champs? I predict they will have a better record than that.

For KC, I admire the strides they've made over the last few years. They have a nice offense that is efficient if not prolific. After Maclin and Kelce there is nothing proven at either position though.
11 wins to close the year last year speaks for itself yet it can't be argued they played some 2nd string QBs and won't have that break this year. Nor will they have any CBs besides Peters.I just don't see KC's D as being good enough this year to keep them in low scoring games and I still don't see their O as being able to stand toe-to-toe in a scoring battle.
So, we'll see.
Should be 10 wins pretty easily. I could see 11 unless they play the Broncos six times.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:12 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Should be 10 wins pretty easily. I could see 11 unless they play the Broncos six times.
You're right. if we play the Broncos 6 times, that number should be higher.:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 08-26-2016

So, we'll see.
And I'm the ****ing homer?

Good grief. You have a great WR duo and it ends there.

You probably think your offense is as good as, or close to, ours.

:-)
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:21 PM 08-26-2016
You're right. if we play the Broncos 6 times, that number should be higher.:-)
Far be it from me to argue against that one win y'all have since the 2011 season.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:26 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Far be it from me to argue against that one win y'all have since the 2011 season.
Back to 2011 a lot has changed. Look at how KC dominated Denver last year. I see no reason to think that trend won't continue this year.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:28 PM 08-26-2016
Back to 2011 a lot has changed. Look at how KC dominated Denver last year. I see no reason to think that trend won't continue this year.
I imagine it's been very frustrating for you.
[Reply]
Page 470 of 4905
« First < 370420460466467468469470 4714724734744805205709701470 > Last »
Up