ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 192
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:04 AM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Any concerns about his ability to learn an offense given his minuscule production in his first 4 years of college? I'd have serious concerns, especially with an Andy Reid playbook. And if it isn't that then what exactly was the reason for the sudden ascent? That's equally concerning because then you have to bring in the question of performance-enhancing drug use.
Two things I'd be concerned about and you definitely hit on one, and I've mentioned the other.

1. Intelligence to grasp Andy's playbook
2. Route tree

Depending on where our scouts evaluate him in terms of those two areas would determine whether he's a good fit for us. He has all the physical tools. Watching a big guy like that turn the corner on DBs even when they have the angle is something you just don't see that often. He really is a freak of nature. Hardly ever see a guy with a body like Deebo or AJ running low 4.3s outside of maybe DK Metcalf.

I was likely a little ambitious comparing him to Rashee mentally. He's definitely not as engaging as Rashee. How that shakes out in terms of intelligence is hard to say. Seems like a pretty shy guy. Somewhere in between Rashee and Kadarius is my best guess, but it's just a guess.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:22 AM 01-30-2024
It seems to me that Legette has a lot of Rashee Rice in him. Don't think we'll look for a guy like him to match with what we have. He looks good though and I don't get people being out on him bc he's 6'1"

22.3 reasons not to be out on Legette pic.twitter.com/wNcJaxB1xK

— Reel Analytics (@RAanalytics) January 30, 2024

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:23 AM 01-30-2024
Roman Wilson looking really good in Senior Bowl practices. Tez has looked good, but has dropped a couple.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 01-30-2024
Ja"Lynn Polk just screams "Chiefs WR" to me? Am I off here?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 01-30-2024
His height doesn't change my eval of him if only because I really don't care that much about height.

Jump ball guys are overrated. And longer levers make for less agile players; in many ways height can be a disadvantage.

i just don't care that much. How he runs will matter far more to me than anything else. And ultimately how he interviews is what's REALLY going to matter to Veach and Reid. And we'll just never have the answer to that.
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 01-30-2024
Yeah, I don't much care for WR's over 6'1. I get the appeal, but physics just makes it tough for those guys to be precise route runners and such. It's hard to corner a tank.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:35 AM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I don't much care for WR's over 6'1. I get the appeal, but physics just makes it tough for those guys to be precise route runners and such. It's hard to corner a tank.
Yet I could argue 3 of the top 5 WRs of all time are 6'3 or taller.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Outliers happen.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not drafting for 'top 5 WR of all time...'

The thick part of the bell curve on WR productivity is in the 5'11''-6'2'' range.

Yes, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson happened - they ain't happening in THIS draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not drafting for 'top 5 WR of all time...'

The thick part of the bell curve on WR productivity is in the 5'11''-6'2'' range.

Yes, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson happened - they ain't happening in THIS draft.
Terrell Owens also happened...
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 12:10 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ja"Lynn Polk just screams "Chiefs WR" to me? Am I off here?
I've watched a lot of Polk and he lacks athleticism. Like, he's pretty darn slow. I don't see how he'd uncover in the NFL or even win on the sidelines consistently. He was part of a really talented passing attack and benefited from having Odunze and McMillan for defenses to worry about. I just don't see it working out in KC because it looks like this offense desperately needs to add speed at the skill positions across the board.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:19 PM 01-30-2024
I'm a Legette fan, I think he's a playmaker we can get that ball to and count on him to make something happen. Would be fun to see him tear it up at the Senior Bowl and make some noise.

I like Thomas Jr also, as a better MVS in this offense.

But I think Franklin is still best fit for what Andy looks for in a WR.

I don't know anything about these guy's intelligence so I won't speak on their ability to grasp the playbook, but its true Andy expects you to learn the whole offense and not just a single WR position.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 12:35 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm a Legette fan, I think he's a playmaker we can get that ball to and count on him to make something happen. Would be fun to see him tear it up at the Senior Bowl and make some noise.

I like Thomas Jr also, as a better MVS in this offense.

But I think Franklin is still best fit for what Andy looks for in a WR.

I don't know anything about these guy's intelligence so I won't speak on their ability to grasp the playbook, but its true Andy expects you to learn the whole offense and not just a single WR position.
I'm with you on this, but do have concerns that Legette lacks so much nuance in his route running that it may be difficult to get him up to speed. Watching guys like Franklin and Thomas Jr. use fakes, variance in speed and tempo, and then seeing Legette rely solely on his speed and size makes me wonder how that will translate to the pros. I still really like him and would be happy to add him, but there's question marks.

I'm coming around a bit on Xavier Worthy, too.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
I've watched a lot of Polk and he lacks athleticism. Like, he's pretty darn slow. I don't see how he'd uncover in the NFL or even win on the sidelines consistently. He was part of a really talented passing attack and benefited from having Odunze and McMillan for defenses to worry about. I just don't see it working out in KC because it looks like this offense desperately needs to add speed at the skill positions across the board.
Not wrong.

I like McMillian more I think.
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
I'm with you on this, but do have concerns that Legette lacks so much nuance in his route running that it may be difficult to get him up to speed. Watching guys like Franklin and Thomas Jr. use fakes, variance in speed and tempo, and then seeing Legette rely solely on his speed and size makes me wonder how that will translate to the pros. I still really like him and would be happy to add him, but there's question marks.

I'm coming around a bit on Xavier Worthy, too.
Here's the thing though....at 31/32 that's just what you're gonna get. I'd love to have a guy with no question marks, but those guys go in the top 5....
[Reply]
Page 47 of 192
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up