ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 88
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:50 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He told her, and the entire football world, that he was retiring. Again, all this is solved by going about his business and not being disingenuous about it.
You just admitted that the only reason he told her he was retiring was because of what she wanted, not him. He found out he wasnt ready to retire. She married him when he was a football player. If she gave a shit about the relationship she would have stuck to her vow and supported him.

You all are simply looking at this from a fans point of view who wants to see him retire. I want to see him retire too, but theres 2 fucking people in a broken relationship.

Take this back to the cross thread humor "How long were you married before you knew your significant other?" thread.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
You just admitted that the only reason he told her he was retiring was because of what she wanted, not him. He found out he wasnt ready to retire. She married him when he was a football player. If she gave a shit about the relationship she would have stuck to her vow and supported him.

You all are simply looking at this from a fans point of view who wants to see him retire. I want to see him retire too, but theres 2 ****ing people in a broken relationship.

Take this back to the cross thread humor "How long were you married before you knew your significant other?" thread.
She’s been supporting him for over a decade playing football. Bottomline he lied to her.

Doing what you love is necessary for yourself, but when it becomes a major problem for your relationship it needs to be controlled.

Lying, putting a strain on your partner to do all the work, taking advantage of your partner for your own selfishness is unhealthy.

You see this a lot with addicts, specifically alcoholics
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 11-02-2022

You all are simply looking at this from a fans point of view who wants to see him retire. I want to see him retire too, but theres 2 fucking people in a broken relationship.

I don't want to see him retire. I don't want to see him do anything. I don't hate Brady like some others here do.

I'm just saying it like it is. If he truly told her that because that's what she wanted to hear, then he's not just a liar, he's a spineless liar.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:02 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
She’s been supporting him for over a decade playing football. Bottomline he lied to her.

Doing what you love is necessary for yourself, but when it becomes a major problem for your relationship it needs to be controlled.

Lying, putting a strain on your partner to do all the work, taking advantage of your partner for your own selfishness is unhealthy.

You see this a lot with addicts, specifically alcoholics
:-)

This shit is so far from reality.

If you have to be unhappy to make a relationship work then fucking leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 11-02-2022

This shit is so far from reality.

If you have to be unhappy to make a relationship work then fucking leave.
Yep. LEAVE.

Don't lie about your intentions.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:04 AM 11-02-2022
Yep. LEAVE.
They did.

You are just upset he didn't tell her to go fuck herself in post divorce public interviews. Truly weird.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 11-02-2022
They did.

You are just upset he didn't tell her to go fuck herself in post divorce public interviews. Truly weird.
And yet he says he wanted to do everything he could to save the marriage.

This is pretty simple but you seem dead set on defending a liar.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:06 AM 11-02-2022
And yet he says he wanted to do everything he could to save the marriage.

This is pretty simple but you seem dead set on defending a liar.
You are the one defending a liar. They both fucking lied.

I'm the one telling them to get a divorce. You are the one calling one of them selfish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 11-02-2022
You are the one defending a liar. They both fucking lied.

I'm the one telling them to get a divorce. You are the one calling one of them selfish.

I never said EITHER of them were selfish. I don't care about Gisele because she's not the one going to the media and lying.

Tom Brady is a shitty human being. Everybody knows he is, except you.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:11 AM 11-02-2022

I never said EITHER of them were selfish. I don't care about Gisele because she's not the one going to the media and lying.

Tom Brady is a shitty human being. Everybody knows he is, except you.
So you didnt start this whole thing off by insinuating how selfish he was for not retiring for his family? I'd be willing to bet you thumbs upped pretty much every post that called him selfish. Call me a liar.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:12 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
To differing degrees.

She's selfish for wanting him to finally retire and spend time with his family.

He said **** his family.

This isn't as simple as man vs. woman relationship issues. There are kids involved.
He could've just retired at 40 and it would've been fine but the guy wants it his way forever
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 11-02-2022
So you didnt start this whole thing off by insinuating how selfish he was for not retiring for his family? I'd be willing to bet you thumbs upped pretty much every post that called him selfish.
I started this by posting an article about how he was lying to the press about wanting to do everything possible to save his marriage.

Nothing more, nothing less.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 AM 11-02-2022
Do you honestly believe he wasn't pushed into retiring by a certain someone?
Then maybe he should've never retired in the first place...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:39 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I do, too. But like others, I am afraid of the officiating being directed by the league to make sure he gets another ring on his way out.

Maybe that's just "because Chiefs" syndrome but it always seems that way. It happened in the Superbowl two years ago. Going into that game there was so much talk about how Mahomes would have a hard time catching him if he lost this head to head. I thought there was no way they should favor the old ****er. Mahomes represented the new blood, the future of the league. But once it got to about the the bucs 3rd drive and Brady whined to the refs, you could easily see the biased officiating. I don't know that the chiefs had much of a shot with that decimated offensive line but at least make the officiating even so we can watch a fair game. Who knows, Mahomes might have worked some magic. And our defense might have been able to make some plays if they were allowed to play.

So all of that is why I just want Brady gone. And I don't care how it happens I just want him gone.
The refs/league wasn’t going to let Tom Brady host a SB in his home stadium and lose. Just no way, they let the ref who named her kid after Brady be the ref in that game. Carl fucking Cheffers was the hatchet man who threw a record number of flags and penalty yards in the first half. Brady chased after HB and said something to him and HB got the personal foul. Just like they did to Jones this season. Throw on top of that Brit Reid being a fucking retard and almost killing some kids, and you could tell the team wasn’t focused even in the pregame shots.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:29 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
That is bullshit. Par for course from you.

Rivers commuted an hour to work each day when the Chargers moved to LA instead of uprooting his family. Plenty of players find a way to balance football and family.
So that's two less hours a day that he was with them.
What did he do when he "should have" retired but went to Indy for some reason?

The question was "What man chooses football over his kids?"
And the obvious answer is anyone with kids who chooses the life of a professional football player. No matter what you do, you're pretty busy for 6 months, although it's a pretty reasonable schedule compared to pro baseball and basketball players.

Nobody cares about this if it wasn't Tom Brady.
Imagine if Brittany Mahomes told Pat that they already have plenty of money for a few lifetimes she wants him home now for their kids.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 88
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up