ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:55 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude gets beat across his face on the regular. That's going to get Burrow killed. I have no doubt he can hold the arc because of the way the Cinci offense is run (and yes, they run a lot of 3-step drops but they also run quite a bit of 5-step and even some 7. Taylor showed a willingness to change things up last year, though, so a trend towards even more quick passing is probable). He'll be better in Cinci than he was here but "better than bad does not equal good". Not saying he's bad, just pointing to the relativity of it. He's not a great LT in ANY scheme and they're expecting him to be great.
Well, they're paying him to be middle of the road. It's much less than what KC was offering last year.

I always thought Brown was a bad fit for this offense, with Mahomes' deep drops and tendency to hold the ball. But where Brown really stunk is how frequently he'd just get blown by at the snap. That's not going to get better in Cinci.

He's an average LT. If he hadn't pulled the bullshit he did last off-season and said shit like he did I'd probably feel a little different about him, but that whole thing and his attitude during and after really soured me on the guy.

Seems like it did Veach, too.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:10 AM 04-05-2023
I got into a discussion with a Bungholes fans the other day. The moron was trying to make a case for Burrow being better than Mahomes. He said that Mahomes had the advantage due to his spectacular offensive line, while absolutely refusing to admit that Chase, Higgins and Boyd gave Burrow a significant advantage. I told him that our tackles gave up a lot of pressures, but Mahomes was able to avoid the sacks because of his ability to scramble and improvise. He thought that I was crazy when I told him that he would see what I mean when it comes to Brown now that he's in Cincinnati. Dude thought that I was crazy. He was as delusional as Knowshit. I'm looking forward to seeing Brown underperform in Cincinnati this season and the guy coming to the realization that I was right all along. Lol
[Reply]
tredadda 07:26 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, they're paying him to be middle of the road. It's much less than what KC was offering last year.

I always thought Brown was a bad fit for this offense, with Mahomes' deep drops and tendency to hold the ball. But where Brown really stunk is how frequently he'd just get blown by at the snap. That's not going to get better in Cinci.

He's an average LT. If he hadn't pulled the bullshit he did last off-season and said shit like he did I'd probably feel a little different about him, but that whole thing and his attitude during and after really soured me on the guy.

Seems like it did Veach, too.
They also don't think much of him. They are paying him "Better than Jonah Williams" money. I think he will do better in Cincinnati though as Burrow doesn't move around like Mahomes. That can mask so of his deficiencies as Brown Jr lacks the physical tools to be an elite LT and no amount of trying will fix that.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:41 AM 04-05-2023
If burrow constantly steps up in the pocket he might be okay with Brown. Mahomes likes to escape to the outside, and Brown can’t beat anyone that direction.
[Reply]
Womble 07:43 AM 04-05-2023
Whilst I'm glad we refused to pay this dude because he got completely clowned on often, I'm still a bit sceptical about our decision to recruit an RT to replace OBJ for the same amount of money. OBJ was not great but did good enough and we now are just hoping that Taylor is better at a key position he's barely played in. A bit of a gamble but in Burnt Quiche/Reid I trust, I guess.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:44 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If burrow constantly steps up in the pocket he might be okay with Brown. Mahomes likes to escape to the outside, and Brown can’t beat anyone that direction.
The thing is, Brown pretty consistently gets beat inside, too.

That's going to give pass rushers a free lane right to Burrow. No amount of quick release or stepping up is going to save Burrow when Brown gets beat inside.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:00 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
LOL. Worse than Wylie.

Edit: I feel a little vindicated by this. I've been a critic of the guy and completely rejected the notion that this guy is near-elite. I can't remember a Chiefs player (well, non-QB) where opinions have been so stridently mixed.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:18 AM 04-05-2023
I'm so glad we didn't pay this guy. I (and the people watching with me) would scream at the crap play he did last year. Glad he's someone else's problem now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
FYI, apparently this quote is from an article in The Athletic.

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...sider-bengals/
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 04-05-2023
FYI, apparently this quote is from an article in The Athletic.

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...sider-bengals/
It is. Clay is physically incapable of crediting anyone else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It is. Clay is physically incapable of crediting anyone else.
I hate posting shit from Heavy because it's always partially click-bait (just look at the title of the article - "rips" is a gross over exaggeration) but in this case they at least credit the source and tell you where to find it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:03 AM 04-05-2023
The thing is, Brown pretty consistently gets beat inside, too.

That's going to give pass rushers a free lane right to Burrow. No amount of quick release or stepping up is going to save Burrow when Brown gets beat inside.
That was the thing that changed for me this year. I thought he did a good job shutting down interior/power rush moves in his first year with the Chiefs. That was not the case in 22, at least not consistently.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:46 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Show us on the doll, where the Bengals touched you.
Does it embarrass you at all that your dopey QB wears floral suits and says stuff like "I'm him?"

:-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:16 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Does it embarrass you at all that your dopey QB wears floral suits and says stuff like "I'm him?"

:-)
Not nearly as much as it's going to embarrass you when the Bengals beat the Chiefs ass again and then hold the trophy next February.
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:29 PM 04-05-2023
Who dey...

[Reply]
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up