Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
MagicHef 11:30 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're right though. Their passing offense really EXPLODED from 7.2 Y/A to....7 Y/A. I especially like how their QBR went from 57.7 to...uh...well shit, 53.1 under Bradford. But points per game! Yeah, points per game. It went from 22.8 points per game right in the middle of the league all the way to....OH ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!? It went down to 20.4 and 23rd in the league??

Yeah - offense really went HAM after Bridgewater left. Sam Bradford took that squad that went 11-5 with Bridgewater and took them over the hump all the way to 8-8 despite the defense surrendering an identical number of points per game.
We were talking about passing games, now you want to bring in overall offense and team record. MIN 2015 with Bridgewater was 2928 yards passing, 14 TDs 9 INTs. MIN 2016 with Bradford was 3836 yards, 20 TDs 5 INTs. If you want to compare their offense overall, perhaps you should look into their run game going from 2200 yards in 2015 to 1200 yards in 2016.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
We were talking about passing games, now you want to bring in overall offense and team record. MIN 2015 with Bridgewater was 2928 yards passing, 14 TDs 9 INTs. MIN 2016 with Bradford was 3836 yards, 20 TDs 5 INTs. If you want to compare their offense overall, perhaps you should look into their run game going from 2200 yards in 2015 to 1200 yards in 2016.
Bridgewater threw for more than 3200 yards in 2015 (again, you can look this stuff up) on 447 attempts at 7.2 yards/attempt. Bradford threw for 3900 yards on 552 attempts at 7.0 yards/attempt. They threw the ball more - by no means did they throw it better.

Their starting RB got hurt so they had their quarterback throwing the ball more. Duh. What does that have to do with anything? They weren't any better at it.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:40 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I don’t think anyone is arguing that Bridgewater is a good QB. I think the argument is that a ‘solid’ group of WR’s in Carolina looked competent with him at QB, but the very next season in Denver this supposed ‘elite talented’ group of WR looked like garbage with the same exact QB.

That’s the point.
Let me get this straight: the 18th ranked passing offense in 2020 is competent, while the 19th ranked passing offense in 2021 is garbage.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:48 AM 03-10-2022
Bridgewater threw for more than 3200 yards in 2015 (again, you can look this stuff up) on 447 attempts at 7.2 yards/attempt. Bradford threw for 3900 yards on 552 attempts at 7.0 yards/attempt. They threw the ball more - by no means did they throw it better.

Their starting RB got hurt so they had their quarterback throwing the ball more. Duh. What does that have to do with anything? They weren't any better at it.
Sure they did. Look at adjusted net yards per attempt (includes sacks, TDs, INTs). Bridgewater was at 5.7 ANY/A, and Bradford was at 6.41 ANY/A. I'm not sure why you seem to ignore the TDs and INTs, but 20/5 is obviously much better than 14/9.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:53 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sutton and Jeudy will both be 1,000 yard receivers with Russ. Sutton already accomplished that once a couple years ago and Jeudy had 850 this year.

You have to consider just how god awful Drew Lock is too. He played 3 games for them.

Jeudy does have drop problems though. That’s a big problem of his. And these guys aren’t Lockett/Metcalf
Maybe Jeudy will. Maybe Sutton will stay healthy for once. Maybe Tim Patrick is a slow-developing WR who will keep improving little by little like Julian Edelman.

Oooooor... maybe Teddy isn't as bad as Donk fans think he is. Again... Tyler fucking Thigpen made Bowe and Gonzalez 1000 yard receivers. Bridgewater can't turn Judge Judy into a 1000 yard receiver? He can't get that guy ONE measly fucking TD?

Could it be.... here's a thought... maybe Jeudy just isn't a WR1 type of player? Maybe he's more Doug Baldwin than he is DK Metcalf? Isn't it possible?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 03-10-2022
Sure they did. Look at adjusted net yards per attempt (includes sacks, TDs, INTs). Bridgewater was at 5.7 ANY/A, and Bradford was at 6.41 ANY/A. I'm not sure why you seem to ignore the TDs and INTs, but 20/5 is obviously much better than 14/9.
Well throwing 6 TDs from inside the 3 yard line because your All Pro RB is out for the year will help pad those stats a little, wouldn't you say?

And Matt Stafford threw 20 picks, Jared Goff threw 8. Guess the Rams lost that trade afterall, eh? Think the Redksins would send us Heinicke for Mahomes since Taylor threw fewer interceptions?

But again, this argument has nothing to do with the quality of Teddy Bridgewater as a QB - that's some weird discussion you seem to be wanting to have with nobody in particular. The point is that Bridgewater is a constant between two comparable WR corps and the 2020 WR production dwarved the 2021 WR production. And yes, for obvious reasons, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to compare 2020 Bridgewater to 2021 Bridgewater than it does to use the 2015 player or his WRs stats.

You're the one trying to muddy up the waters here despite being told numerous times that you're clearly missing the point.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:55 AM 03-10-2022
Dafuq are you talking about? Who's arguing that Bridgewater is a good QB?

He's the isolated variable in the equation you dolt. Good, bad, mediocre, black, white, lefthanded, crippled gay or straight - every single part of that question is irrelevant to the discussion.

He's your throughput. He's the variable that doesn't change when comparing 2 consecutive seasons. Nobody is saying otherwise.

Tap out, bro. This is getting embarrassing.
Okay, let's compare just 2020 Bridgewater in CAR to 2021 Bridgewater in DEN if that's what you want.

2020: 15 TDs 11 INTS
2021: 18 TDs 7 INTs

Which looks like he was playing with the better group of receivers?
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:00 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Maybe Jeudy will. Maybe Sutton will stay healthy for once. Maybe Tim Patrick is a slow-developing WR who will keep improving little by little like Julian Edelman.

Oooooor... maybe Teddy isn't as bad as Donk fans think he is. Again... Tyler fucking Thigpen made Bowe and Gonzalez 1000 yard receivers. Bridgewater can't turn Judge Judy into a 1000 yard receiver? He can't get that guy ONE measly fucking TD?

Could it be.... here's a thought... maybe Jeudy just isn't a WR1 type of player? Maybe he's more Doug Baldwin than he is DK Metcalf? Isn't it possible?
NOBODY'S TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF BRIDGEWATER AS A QB
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 03-10-2022
Okay, let's compare just 2020 Bridgewater in CAR to 2021 Bridgewater in DEN if that's what you want.

2020: 15 TDs 11 INTS
2021: 18 TDs 7 INTs

Which looks like he was playing with the better group of receivers?
Or...y'know...we could just compare the top 3 pass-catching options for the Panthers w/ Bridgewater directly to the top 3 pass-catching options for the Broncos w/ Bridgewater.

Patrick, Sutton and Jeudy combined for 7 of those 18 scores. Moore, Anderson and Samuel combined for 10 of Bridgewaters 15.

Looks to me like the 2020 version was playing with a MUCH better group of receivers.

This really the argument you want to be making right now?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 03-10-2022
NOBODY'S TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF BRIDGEWATER AS A QB
Dude hasn't been in the thread all morning while you've been chasing rabbits throughout it.

But nice try.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:04 PM 03-10-2022
Or...y'know...we could just compare the top 3 pass-catching options for the Panthers w/ Bridgewater directly to the top 3 pass-catching options for the Broncos w/ Bridgewater.

Patrick, Sutton and Jeudy combined for 7 of those 18 scores. Moore, Anderson and Samuel combined for 10 of Bridgewaters 15.

Looks to me like the 2020 version was playing with a MUCH better group of receivers.

This really the argument you want to be making right now?
Right, let’s cherry pick rather than look at the whole picture.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 03-10-2022
Right, let’s cherry pick rather than look at the whole picture.
It's not cherry picking - the conversation is DIRECTLY arising out of the assertion that Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick is a 'loaded' WR crew. I'm speaking directly to THEIR production vs. their counterparts in Carolina the year before.

But because you refuse to acknowledge that this is most assuredly not a conversation about Teddy Bridgewater's skills as a passer, you continue to try to obfuscate.

The 'whole picture' is that the three guys you're claiming constitute a 'loaded' wide receiver crew were nowhere CLOSE to as productive as the 3 guys who were hardly considered some transcendent group of WR talent.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:10 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Does that moron that think I’m a Broncos fan? His post doesn’t even make sense lol.
I think “that moron” was trying to compliment you. He may have worded it awkwardly, but on my third reading he seemed to be saying that every post of yours proved the Broncos fans to be dumber. (It’s not that I necessarily agree with his assessment, it’s just that I think I cracked it.)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I think “that moron” was trying to compliment you. He may have worded it awkwardly, but on my third reading he seemed to be saying that every post of yours proved the Broncos fans to be dumber.
You may be right, if so, I apologize for calling him a moron!
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:13 PM 03-10-2022
It's not cherry picking - the conversation is DIRECTLY arising out of the assertion that Sutton, Jeudy and Patrick is a 'loaded' WR crew. I'm speaking directly to THEIR production vs. their counterparts in Carolina the year before.

But because you refuse to acknowledge that this is most assuredly not a conversation about Teddy Bridgewater's skills as a passer, you continue to try to obfuscate.

The 'whole picture' is that the three guys you're claiming constitute a 'loaded' wide receiver crew were nowhere CLOSE to as productive as the 3 guys who were hardly considered some transcendent group of WR talent.
I never claimed any such thing. I only entered the conversation to correct the absurd notion that if some scrub like DJ Moore could succeed with Bridgewater then anyone who couldn’t was obviously not talented. And yes, I would gladly take Moore over any of the 3 Denver receivers.

In the grand scheme, obviously Bridgewater’s talent level is the major factor here, because him being replaced by Wilson is the main variable between DEN’s 2021 offense and its 2022 offense.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 66
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up