ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 163
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:59 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Poor analogy mate. Thing is mate we didnt lose and yet people here are acting like we did, mate. And it puts you in a pretty bad place heading into the final game and we're through already, mate. That's what's the pisstake is about mate.
No, you don’t get it.

The vast majority here don’t care about soccer enough for it to really matter if we advance to the next stage.

But we very much understand how much you and your countrymen have lives that revolve around soccer. So when we play your national team to a draw (again), we know you’re despondent and searching for meaning in life and we enjoy that disappointment.

That’s the vibe you’re getting here.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:03 AM 11-26-2022
Poor analogy mate. Thing is mate we didnt lose and yet people here are acting like we did, mate. And it puts you in a pretty bad place heading into the final game and we're through already, mate. That's what's the pisstake is about mate.
Drawing a shit US team IS losing

It be like the Chiefs tieing the Rams playing a 3rd stringer Sunday and being like phew...cool we didn't lose!
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:03 AM 11-26-2022
“People here are acting” where the fuck are you from. With all this “mate” talk and “everybody here” you must be implying you’re from England, and if that’s the case why the hell out of 32 football teams message boards would you join this one to talk soccer when there are hundreds of other places to talk soccer where you could have legit discussions?

Then again you’d think after that England usa game you’d be a bit more humbled about your squad and the American team but instead you’ve taken your douche bag level up a notch, so maybe I already have my answer.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:05 AM 11-26-2022
I LOL at the massive insecurity the Soccer haters have. Soccer is just fine in america (and around the world) regardless of the popularity of the NFL.

And a bit of a news flash: It IS possible to enjoy multiple sports, and appreciate the various nuances that each possesses.

and if we're going to talk about things we hate about various sports, the NFL has quite a few blemishes that (after entering one game day thread) is very obvious to most people.

live and let live people.

JFC......i'm old enough to remember wide world of sports and no ESPN.......and watching bowling on saturday or sunday mornings.......maybe some downhill skiing.....battle of the network stars!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 AM 11-26-2022
England soccer...I believe we will draw
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 AM 11-26-2022
Nah soccer sucks, but drawing with the Limeys is cool as fuck
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:31 AM 11-26-2022
Most real American fans are pretty pissed about the outcome as well. We had the better opportunities and controlled the midfield all game. It’s very disappointing to not come away with the win in a match you pretty much controlled for the last 60-70 minutes of the match. Would have been great to give Wales a chance to knock you out, but in true American fashion we just couldn’t finish any of our opportunities. We didn’t even play our best and still controlled the flow of the game. England players are much slower than the Americans. I mean Harry Kane got chased down by an MLS CB. It was hilarious that Southgate subbed Rashford in for Saka. When he took your only 2 stars out in Jude and Saka I knew we at least had a point. Very rare to see a coach not be able to out-coach Berhalter. There is a reason you all are still the joke of Europe. #theyrecominghome
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:44 AM 11-26-2022
Go IRAN!

Golf buddy told me yesterday our woke liberal F*****ts came out last summer in favor of gun control, for reasons that obv don’t relate to soccer. They’re such an easy squad to hate
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:49 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Go IRAN!
I love how progressive you are becoming! The old PB would never have supported the women’s rights protests by the players and their fans. Love to see you fully embracing the voice and the platform that they are using. You are finally sounding like an adult. I definitely won’t be heartbroken if Iran gets past us either with everything they’ve had to deal with lately.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:51 AM 11-26-2022
I’ll be honest, I’ll be very sad/upset if we don’t win vs Iran but to me, if we can’t beat Iran who lost 6-2 to England and then barely beat wales playing a man up, then we don’t deserve to advance.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:13 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Go IRAN!

Golf buddy told me yesterday our woke liberal F*****ts came out last summer in favor of gun control, for reasons that obv don’t relate to soccer. They’re such an easy squad to hate
True.

Our soccer players are following in the steps of the women's team. Focus on soccer and maybe they beat Wales.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:26 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I’ll be honest, I’ll be very sad/upset if we don’t win vs Iran but to me, if we can’t beat Iran who lost 6-2 to England and then barely beat wales playing a man up, then we don’t deserve to advance.
If we get the US team in the England and 1st half of the Wales matches, we win.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:27 AM 11-26-2022
Which group do we play if we advance?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:28 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I LOL at the massive insecurity the Soccer haters have. Soccer is just fine in america (and around the world) regardless of the popularity of the NFL.

And a bit of a news flash: It IS possible to enjoy multiple sports, and appreciate the various nuances that each possesses.

and if we're going to talk about things we hate about various sports, the NFL has quite a few blemishes that (after entering one game day thread) is very obvious to most people.

live and let live people.

JFC......i'm old enough to remember wide world of sports and no ESPN.......and watching bowling on saturday or sunday mornings.......maybe some downhill skiing.....battle of the network stars!
Considering I'm like one of 5 people here who like hockey, I totally get not coming into other sport threads and taking a dump.

And not to do so, I just don't get how a sport can go from playing soccer, where you may only have a few legitimate scoring chances per team over 90+ minutes... to penalty kicks, which have whatever 80%+ success rate. It would be like finishing an NFL game with extra points, and not even the current EP yardage but from the 2. Or if Mahomes just had to play catch with Kelce.

And then you have offsides the entire length of the field in a sport that severely lacks scoring opportunities to begin with (and again, will go to the absurdly successful PKs before opening up the game a tiny bit). And I know Americans trying to change soccer is probably an annoyance, too, heh.

I did get into the World Cup a bit several years ago though, just haven't caught any games this year.... and it's not 50% commercials, which is nice!
[Reply]
Monticore 11:32 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Considering I'm like one of 5 people here who like hockey, I totally get not coming into other sport threads and taking a dump.

And not to do so, I just don't get how a sport can go from playing soccer, where you may only have a few legitimate scoring chances per team over 90+ minutes... to penalty kicks, which have whatever 80%+ success rate. It would be like finishing an NFL game with extra points, and not even the current EP yardage but from the 2. Or if Mahomes just had to play catch with Kelce.

And then you have offsides the entire length of the field in a sport that severely lacks scoring opportunities to begin with (and again, will go to the absurdly successful PKs before opening up the game a tiny bit). And I know Americans trying to change soccer is probably an annoyance, too, heh.

I did get into the World Cup a bit several years ago though, just haven't caught any games this year.... and it's not 50% commercials, which is nice!
Offsides doesn’t come into effect in your own half but I wish they would put another line maybe a quarter of the field were it doesn’t, like taking away the two line pass in hockey to help scoring but that might just make team park the bus more than who knows.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 163
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up