Page 47 of 142
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 10:40 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Take WhamDick as an example. Spouts out all kinds of bullshit about how pressure led to Mahomes' interceptions against the Pats in October.

Confronted with the fact that he's a ****ing idiot insofar as Hightower's INT was not a result of pressure, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ynIyPHGvM

Still clings to same dipshitted point anyway.
Yea Mahomes didn't see High in the shallow drop. I didn't see any pressure either.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 10:41 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Take WhamDick as an example. Spouts out all kinds of bullshit about how pressure led to Mahomes' interceptions against the Pats in October.

Confronted with the fact that he's a ****ing idiot insofar as Hightower's INT was not a result of pressure, see:

Still clings to same dipshitted point anyway.
It's really not at all surprising that you completely missed the point. The discussion was about pressure, and how pressure without sacks can impact the passing game. I haven't watched the game in months, and there indeed wasn't pressure on that INT, but my overall point is spot on, as supported by actual analysis of the film. I linked to this analysis, which concluded that "NE's pressure, and Mahomes' performance under pressure that night, was a large part of why NE won the game." He threw several incompletions (including one in the red zone on 3rd down with Kelce 1 on 1) and was forced to check down to very short completions as a result of the pressure.

Who do we trust here - some salty guy named "RollChiefsRoll" on ChiefsPlanet, or a guy whose job is to literally break down film?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:45 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
It's really not at all surprising that you completely missed the point. The discussion was about pressure, and how pressure without sacks can impact the passing game. I haven't watched the game in months, and there indeed wasn't pressure on that INT, but my overall point is spot on, as supported by actual analysis of the film. I linked to this analysis, which concluded that "NE's pressure, and Mahomes' performance under pressure that night, was a large part of why NE won the game." He threw several incompletions (including one in the red zone on 3rd down with Kelce 1 on 1) and was forced to check down to very short completions as a result of the pressure.

Who do we trust here - some salty guy named "RollChiefsRoll" on ChiefsPlanet, or a guy whose job is to literally break down film?
You are full of shit, and probably believe the Patriots Defense is vastly superior
[Reply]
WhamBlock 10:47 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You are full of shit, and probably believe the Patriots Defense is vastly superior
The Patriots' defense is indeed vastly superior to Kansas City's, as literally anyone with any football knowledge and objectivity can acknowledge.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 10:47 AM 01-16-2019

I concur the team did apply pressure on Mahomes in Oct. but it wasn't a ton.

The numbers:
PASS RUSH
DE Adrian Clayborn: two QB hits, two hurries
DE Trey Flowers: three hurries
LB Dont’a Hightower: QB hit, hurry
DT Adam Butler: QB hit, hurry
DE Deatrich Wise Jr.: two hurries
DT Lawrence Guy: hurry
LB Kyle Van Noy: hurry
DT Danny Shelton: hurry
FS Duron Harmon: hurry

— The Patriots generated pressure on just 44.7 percent of Mahomes’ dropbacks and didn’t record a single sack.

— Hightower, Flowers and Clayborn did bring pressure at opportune times. Hightower forced an interception and recorded a pick of his own that led to a Patriots touchdown. Flowers and Clayborn forced an incompletion on third-and-long.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 10:49 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
I concur the team did apply pressure on Mahomes in Oct. but it wasn't a ton.

The numbers:
PASS RUSH
DE Adrian Clayborn: two QB hits, two hurries
DE Trey Flowers: three hurries
LB Dont’a Hightower: QB hit, hurry
DT Adam Butler: QB hit, hurry
DE Deatrich Wise Jr.: two hurries
DT Lawrence Guy: hurry
LB Kyle Van Noy: hurry
DT Danny Shelton: hurry
FS Duron Harmon: hurry

— The Patriots generated pressure on just 44.7 percent of Mahomes’ dropbacks and didn’t record a single sack.

— Hightower, Flowers and Clayborn did bring pressure at opportune times. Hightower forced an interception and recorded a pick of his own that led to a Patriots touchdown. Flowers and Clayborn forced an incompletion on third-and-long.
44% is about what the top defenses in the league generate in terms of pressure on the season. That's a pretty significant amount.

Most of that came in the 1st half, too.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:52 AM 01-16-2019
We will have the vastly superior secondary on Sunday. Any objective person who understands football knows this. Our secondary has a guy who is 1st Team All-Pro this season, a guy who has been 2nd Team All-Pro 3 times in his career (and as recent as 2016), a CB who has the lowest passer rating allowed since becoming the starter, and a guy who has been in on shutting down Travis Kelce everytime they match up. Here is a list of the receivers we have shut down this season: Davante Adams, Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, Antonio Brown, JuJu, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce.
It's cool that in the last couple years, you've held Kelce to about 50yds receiving per game. Also cool that you held Watkins to virtually nothing this year.

But by focusing your energy on those two, you've allowed Tyreek Hill to average about 135yds and allowed Hunt to average about 100yds. Yes, true that we don't have Hunt anymore, but there's nothing that tells me Damien Williams can't play a similar role.

How with all of these superstars in your secondary are you 22nd against the pass?

And one final thought: no secondary that allowed 376yds and 4 TDs to Blake fucking Bortles scares anyone.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:53 AM 01-16-2019
The Patriots' defense is indeed vastly superior to Kansas City's, as literally anyone with any football knowledge and objectivity can acknowledge.
Oh really?

By what metric are you measuring? I mean I would love to understand how you can say that with so much conviction. Is it because we gave up more yards? Points?

Let just lay the facts out there.

Forced Fumbles:
Patriots - 14
Chiefs - 23

Interceptions:
Patriots - 18
Chiefs - 15

Sacks:
Patriots - 30
Chiefs - 52
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 10:54 AM 01-16-2019
44% is about what the top defenses in the league generate in terms of pressure on the season. That's a pretty significant amount.

Most of that came in the 1st half, too.
Agree and the pressure did disrupt Mahomes on some throws but I don't think it won THE game for us.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:54 AM 01-16-2019
Further more you don't want me to compare our offenses because by eye test and all the numbers we put yours to shame. If you want to talk vastly superior our offense is 100% better than yours by all the metrics.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 10:56 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And one final thought: no secondary that allowed 376yds and 4 TDs to Blake fucking Bortles scares anyone.
Yeah but that was when the entire Pats team was fighting a nasty syphilis outbreak. The flu was responsible for their turdburger against the Titans. And I think Brady had a hangnail when they got blown out by the Lions.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 10:59 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's cool that in the last couple years, you've held Kelce to about 50yds receiving per game. Also cool that you held Watkins to virtually nothing this year.

But by focusing your energy on those two, you've allowed Tyreek Hill to average about 135yds and allowed Hunt to average about 100yds. Yes, true that we don't have Hunt anymore, but there's nothing that tells me Damien Williams can't play a similar role.

How with all of these superstars in your secondary are you 22nd against the pass?

And one final thought: no secondary that allowed 376yds and 4 TDs to Blake ****ing Bortles scares anyone.
Damien Williams is not the big play threat that Hunt was. I'm sure he will get his yards, but Hunt was one of the main guys on the offense you had to gameplan for due to his ability to create an explosive play.

Now that Hunt is gone, we can give much more attention to Hill. JC Jackson, who didn't play at all in the previous meeting, is fast enough that he may be a great matchup vs Hill with safety help. He's not just fast, but he has been incredible in deep coverage, and has shut down the likes of Adam Thielen and JuJu.

As far as the JAX game, that was a week 2 game and we were without two of our best defenders for most of the game - Trey Flowers and Patrick Chung. Obviously an entirely irrelevant game to Sunday's matchup.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:00 AM 01-16-2019
Damien Williams is not the big play threat that Hunt was. I'm sure he will get his yards, but Hunt was one of the main guys on the offense you had to gameplan for due to his ability to create an explosive play.

Now that Hunt is gone, we can give much more attention to Hill. JC Jackson, who didn't play at all in the previous meeting, is fast enough that he may be a great matchup vs Hill with safety help. He's not just fast, but he has been incredible in deep coverage, and has shut down the likes of Adam Thielen and JuJu.

As far as the JAX game, that was a week 2 game and we were without two of our best defenders for most of the game - Trey Flowers and Patrick Chung. Obviously an entirely irrelevant game to Sunday's matchup.
Your sample size of Damien Williams is to low to say this, considering Williams is faster than Hunt.
[Reply]
Yehoodi 11:00 AM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
Justin Houston didn’t play last game and you guys needed help from the refs to win by a FG. The Chiefs defense has only given up 10 points in the last 2 games. The Chiefs haven’t allowed anyone to score 30 points on them at home all year. They could rest Mahomes for the SB, let Henne play and still win by 2 TD’s
Well . . . we will see what happens on Sunday.

No Houston did not play in that game and we will see how much of a different he makes on Sunday. The Pats were in their early season mode and are now in their late season mode. We will see how that effects the game.

As for the KC comeback, the Pats procedure for being up big in a game is to give ground/points/possession in exchange for time to shorten the game. This is partly due to KC's comeback in week 6. Not to take too much away from KC, but a portion of the comeback was due to our policy.

Like the Pats playing the Jets week 17 the Chiefs played oakland, with both franchise getting ready for the summer. The Pats handled LAC fairly well and let us to shorten the game and the Chargers go two TDs in the 4th quarter.

So both KC and NE are coming off solids wins recently and wins against division rival getting ready for off season.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:03 AM 01-16-2019
Figured out what, how to shred the Cover 2 we ran in the 2nd half? I believe that happened prior to week 6 when he shredded Pittsburgh.
So all the goats in NE had a foolproof plan to destroy Mahomes, it works, so they abandon it and almost lose the game? That's your proof of how amazing the coaches are?

Seems more likely that Mahomes figured out the defense.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 142
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up