ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
kcxiv 04:06 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Honestly - maybe the league knew that he probably needed more work done, and that - combined with previously discussed reasons - is why he went undrafted.

What I'm saying is, maybe this isn't new news to Veach?

Granted he ran around during the minicamps earlier this offseason, so maybe it was a "let's test it out" sort of deal.
it cant be news, they knew this was going to happen. IT was something he had to get done sooner or later, so they said do it after rookie camp, so we can just stash him while he gets fixed up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 07-22-2022
I hope he gets cut tired of hearing about this dude. Hasn't been healthy in forever. Casuals know him off 1 game
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:37 PM 07-25-2022
and he's officially out for the year
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:38 PM 07-25-2022

We have signed T David Steinmetz & T Evin Ksiezarczyk.

We have placed WR Justyn Ross on IR. pic.twitter.com/eHsmbJ75Bq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) July 25, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 02:39 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
and he's officially out for the year
That sucks but hopefully this surgery and working with one of the best medical staff's in the NFL will get him right.

The #Chiefs placed rookie WR Justyn Ross on injured reserve, ending his rookie season before it begins. Ross had foot surgery recently.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 25, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 07-25-2022
Guys, he didn't even make it to TC without needing surgery.

Just......it's not gonna happen.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:49 PM 07-25-2022
Powell bumped him at the melon ball station
[Reply]
Coogs 02:50 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Apparently he had surgery on his foot at Clemson. This surgery was to correct something from that surgery.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:05 PM 07-25-2022
I STILL BELIEF!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 03:06 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

FUCK YOU!!!!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:12 PM 07-25-2022
...and then he'll come back and hurt something again because he was out of football for so long.

We've all seen this story before.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda feel like he'll either make the 53 or he won't make it to camp.

The rookie camp should tell the coaching staff most of what they need to know. If he's back to what he showed as a Freshman, he'll make the team (again, WR5 and 6 SUUUUUUCKS).

But if he's not, you won't need to see much to know it. Simply running drills will show you as much as you need to see. And then I think you could PUP list him. Don't you lose PUP eligibility if you participate in camp?

At that point maybe they keep him stashed for awhile and see if anything else comes back into form.
Welp - didn't make it to camp and they stashed him.

Don't cost nothing, but my condolences to those of you who were expecting a 'free' first rounder here.

Kid just never looked like a viable option even in his Senior year. The combine just confirmed it. Maybe he'll get back some of the burst he lost over the last few years but it doesn't seem terribly likely.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:16 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Welp - didn't make it to camp and they stashed him.

Don't cost nothing, but my condolences to those of you who were expecting a 'free' first rounder here.

Kid just never looked like a viable option even in his Senior year. The combine just confirmed it. Maybe he'll get back some of the burst he lost over the last few years but it doesn't seem terribly likely.
They don't get less injury prone in the NFL, and they don't get burstier either.

I fully expect him to be back next season and then get some soft tissue injury that keeps him sidelined for OTA's, and then again in camp.

That's just how these things go.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:21 PM 07-25-2022
I will follow!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They don't get less injury prone in the NFL, and they don't get burstier either.

I fully expect him to be back next season and then get some soft tissue injury that keeps him sidelined for OTA's, and then again in camp.

That's just how these things go.
Tis true.

Really can't think of many guys who didn't slowly fade away with this sort of stuff. Sydney Jones, I guess, but Jones didn't have a years worth of tape of him looking exceedingly average as a senior.

I'm sure there are some out there, but they're rare.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up