ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 53
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
Indian Chief 10:21 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Look up hugelkultur raised garden bed. Is an awesome way to garden organically.
Second this. I actually was unaware of the name for it, but the technique is something I learned a few years ago. It works great and minimizes costs.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:15 PM 03-28-2023
They fogged and seal coated our road last summer. Now, most of the chips seem to be in my yard-thanks to the snow plow.

What is the best way of picking them up and removing them?
I know I will not get them all, but want to prevent more from moving into the yard when I mow.

Could not find anything online. Still looking.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:04 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
They fogged and seal coated our road last summer. Now, most of the chips seem to be in my yard-thanks to the snow plow.

What is the best way of picking them up and removing them?
I know I will not get them all, but want to prevent more from moving into the yard when I mow.

Could not find anything online. Still looking.
I did not realize how pricey they are but a friend of mine used one of these to get the gravel out the grass from his driveway after winter plow jobs.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Swee...2-63e904010ad0

You might be able to rent one. He had a small one like above for some spots and a big one for his Bobcat.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:49 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I did not realize how pricey they are but a friend of mine used one of these to get the gravel out the grass from his driveway after winter plow jobs.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Swee...2-63e904010ad0

You might be able to rent one. He had a small one like above for some spots and a big one for his Bobcat.
This is what they have at a rental place.
https://a1rentit.com/product/sweeper...hind-46-/65251

I do have a lawn sweeper to pull behind by mower
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

found this
https://www.unitedrentals.com/market...ld-gas-powered
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 06:56 PM 03-28-2023
I doubt your lawn sweeper would pick up what you need picked up.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:14 PM 03-28-2023
So the next question is...

do I brush it in a pile, on the street or in my neighbors yard? (the dick)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:51 AM 04-02-2023
warm enough to plant grass?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:18 AM 04-02-2023
In hindsight it seems obvious but learned the lesson that I have to dial back my drip system schedule during the winter months.

Had to replace 4 Red Yuccas but everything else I should be able to save.

Also looking into doing a waterless cactus garden along the path to my backyard.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:46 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
In hindsight it seems obvious but learned the lesson that I have to dial back my drip system schedule during the winter months.

Had to replace 4 Red Yuccas but everything else I should be able to save.

Also looking into doing a waterless cactus garden along the path to my backyard.
I'll go 1-2 weeks without watering a single thing in the yard during winter depending on the rain, and I have lots of tropicals. I'm always turning it on and off in the winter. I'll rarely turn it off in the summer, even when it rains because it just gets so hot.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:56 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
warm enough to plant grass?
It’s supposed to freeze here Wednesday.

Overseeding Thursday.

Puppy needs a yard free of mud pits.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:49 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
It’s supposed to freeze here Wednesday.

Overseeding Thursday.

Puppy needs a yard free of mud pits.
10-day forecast in KC is pretty good. But the low of 30 degrees Wednesday gives me pause.

Might wait a week.
[Reply]
scho63 10:26 AM 04-02-2023
I spent 9 1/2 hours over two days several weeks back getting all the fucking weeds out of the rocks on my lawn.

I will invest in 75% vinegar concentrate next as I know that works to kill the weeds AND the roots. 1 gallon of vinegar + 1 gallon of hot water in a 2 gallon pump sprayer will take care of a lot. Probably need 5-6 gallons of vinegar.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:31 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I spent 9 1/2 hours over two days several weeks back getting all the fucking weeds out of the rocks on my lawn.

I will invest in 75% vinegar concentrate next as I know that works to kill the weeds AND the roots. 1 gallon of vinegar + 1 gallon of hot water in a 2 gallon pump sprayer will take care of a lot. Probably need 5-6 gallons of vinegar.
Have you tried a weed torch?

I was looking into those for the sporadic weeds in my rock lawn and wondered how effective they were.
[Reply]
scho63 01:30 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Have you tried a weed torch?

I was looking into those for the sporadic weeds in my rock lawn and wondered how effective they were.
I own The Torch that I bought 3 years ago and have used it often. Unfortunately the community has a ban on open flames of any kind and they resent a letter banning it. Lots of people complaining and to be honest, there are natural gas lines that could be hit the way the utilities are laid out in the community.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:18 PM 05-20-2023

[Reply]
Page 47 of 53
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up