ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 68
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
srvy 06:31 PM 08-11-2024
Watching now and he does look pretty good.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:42 PM 08-11-2024
This thread is destined to look foolish.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:44 PM 08-11-2024
Just because someone is unlikeable doesn't mean they suck.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:48 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
This thread is destined to look foolish.
But he wore nail polish!!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:52 PM 08-11-2024
MiamiSuperfan88 said he’d end up like Mark Sanchez. That basically guaranteed his success.

He clearly has a vibe that’s different and not remotely as likeable as Mahomes. But by all accounts he’s a student of the game, a very hard worker, and his teammates love him.
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:59 PM 08-11-2024
Talent alone isn't enough to take you to the promise land.
Will this kid one day become a leader of men? It sure ain't looking that way for as long as he keeps polishing his nails and talks and dresses in an effeminate manner.
Does he have that killer instinct? Rodgers has been an outwordly talent in the league for two decades now but what good is that when you have the killer instinct of a domesticated cat.
This kid seems mentally soft to me. A few highlight plays from preseason aren't changing my mind.
[Reply]
wazu 07:04 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Will this kid one day become a leader of men? It sure ain't looking that way for as long as he keeps polishing his nails and talks and dresses in an effeminate manner.
Does he have that killer instinct? Rodgers has been an outwordly talent in the league for two decades now but what good is that when you have the killer instinct of a domesticated cat.
This kid seems mentally soft to me. A few highlight plays from preseason aren't changing my mind.
This has to be a Top 10 "Old Person" post in ChiefsPlanet history.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:05 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
None of what you said in the bolded part will matter if he wins.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:14 PM 08-11-2024
I saw the game too. Firstly he was up against a banged up Bills defense missing key players at all three levels. Edwards, Milano, Von Miller. Then Addison left after one play.

Caleb had one dump off that went for a lot of yards. And another throw on the sidelines when he ran to his right. He also scrambled for a first down. He looked decent but almost threw an interception and was stopped twice in the redzone.

I remember Zach Wilson having sparkling performances in his preseason games as a rookie too. One was in green bay.

These games won't prove anything imo. When he faces number one defenses and DC's that will have top game plans then we'll see how he goes.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:49 PM 08-11-2024
Maybe they'll bring on Kyle Orton to teach him how smoke a cigarette and drink whiskey from the bottle. Cutler tried
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:02 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I saw the game too. Firstly he was up against a banged up Bills defense missing key players at all three levels. Edwards, Milano, Von Miller. Then Addison left after one play.

Caleb had one dump off that went for a lot of yards. And another throw on the sidelines when he ran to his right. He also scrambled for a first down. He looked decent but almost threw an interception and was stopped twice in the redzone.

I remember Zach Wilson having sparkling performances in his preseason games as a rookie too. One was in green bay.

These games won't prove anything imo. When he faces number one defenses and DC's that will have top game plans then we'll see how he goes.
It's not his stats. It's the plays he was making. The guy looks more like Mahomes than anyone in the league.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:35 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's not his stats. It's the plays he was making. The guy looks more like Mahomes than anyone in the league.
He does resemble him a bit...but Mahomes has that killer/ice in his veins temperament that cant be taught.

I hope he does well for Chicago...they've never had a decent QB in my entire lifetime.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:40 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Folks were saying Wilson looked like Rogers after he beat Green Bay. One or two of Caleb's throws were cool but his main issue has been staying in the pocket and making those basic throws. The time he tried to do that was when he should have been intercepted (the ball went straight to the defender's hands).
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:47 AM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
MiamiSuperfan88 said he’d end up like Mark Sanchez. That basically guaranteed his success.

He clearly has a vibe that’s different and not remotely as likeable as Mahomes. But by all accounts he’s a student of the game, a very hard worker, and his teammates love him.
If this is true, and he has the mental toughness to grind, he'll be good. He's a high enough pick they'll give him some run if he has injuries.

Which, fucking good. It would be good if the NFC could get someone ANYONE to play good QB in their division instead of ours, that'd be greeeeeeeat.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 05:58 AM 08-12-2024
He made some good throws on Saturday. Too early to say anything about how he'll fare in the NFL though. However, he has a good ability to make throws outside of the pocket, which is very Mahomes-esque.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 68
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up