ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4651 of 4932
« First < 3651415145514601464146474648464946504651 4652465346544655466147014751 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 10:14 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I wonder if the broncos actually move on from Russ. For the brocos a successful season is beating the chiefs, which Russ did. Why move on from the QB that's give you your most successful season since 2016? It'd be stupid to get rid of him now when he's finally flipping the script and getting you what you want
Sarcasm Im sure, but just in case not...
They will move on the second they can because he's very limited and Payton knows that. They won't get another win against Kansas City with him. It took the stars to aline, the flu, the turnovers, etc. It was the Perfect Fluke Storm. That won't happen again.

"Every dog has his day, and nobody, beats the Broncos 17 times in a row!" DAMN It! :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:50 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I wonder if the broncos actually move on from Russ. For the brocos a successful season is beating the chiefs, which Russ did. Why move on from the QB that's give you your most successful season since 2016? It'd be stupid to get rid of him now when he's finally flipping the script and getting you what you want
If we had hired someone like Steichen, we'd probably be looking at keeping Russ for the long term and building around him. With Payton though, it was never going to work. Payton wants a QB that does everything Russ can't.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:50 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You're an exception. The only one that stayed
The only one dumb enough to stay.
[Reply]
TEX 11:42 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
The only one dumb enough to stay.
True, but life is FUN, when you're DUMB!
I KNOW! :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:45 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm noticing a distinct lack of posts from your account between September 2016 until last Sunday.

Any clue why that might be the case?
Thanks for asking, message board participation is down across the board over the past decade. I've got different things to do.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:56 AM 11-02-2023
If we had hired someone like Steichen, we'd probably be looking at keeping Russ for the long term and building around him. With Payton though, it was never going to work. Payton wants a QB that does everything Russ can't.
Russ will be here next year
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:59 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
These things that you are saying...they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

But seriously, it would appear that you and I post with about the same frequency here. I've been mostly lurking on Chiefs Planet for a long, long time. In twenty years of posting here and the Mane and Orange Huddle, I have what I consider to be a friendship with several long-time CP posters - at least, as much as a friendship as one might have, in that situation.

A couple questions for you:

1) Do you just not want fans from other teams posting here? I personally go out of my way to welcome fans from other teams to the Orange Huddle. I'm not a huge fan of echo chambers, and I like to hear other opinions - even when those opinions are shared less politely than we've tried to act here. Do you just honestly not welcome that here?

2) Assuming that the answer is "No, we are advanced enough in our evolution to be open to non-Chiefs fans here," what are your expectations there? You seem to have gone straight to full-on defensive mode. In your post, you said you basically hate fans who post here when their teams are losing; and you hate even more fans that post here when their teams have won. Is there a situation in there somewhere where you say, "NOW is the perfect time to post here - hurry quick!"

I mean, you guys have won a couple Lombardi Trophies just recently. As fans, it doesn't get much better than your current situation. Why the defensiveness, when someone is being friendly? I get it with TEX. He's got to put up that prickly shell so that his sweet inner core isn't so exposed. But he's a unique case.
Go the fuck away. Like I even read any of that.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:02 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Russ will be here next year
I don't believe he will.
[Reply]
TEX 12:05 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Go the **** away. Like I even read any of that.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:21 PM 11-02-2023
I don't believe he will.
Why? It's dependent on how the rest of the season goes. You think the Penners are going to eat that contract that fast? I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, there are other thing to worry about. Russ has his limitations, but he's not the closest alligator to the boat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:24 PM 11-02-2023
Thanks for asking, message board participation is down across the board over the past decade. I've got different things to do.
Praying 4 u!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:27 PM 11-02-2023
I just do not see them eating that contract. They need to figure this out with what he is.. and while that sucks, it is what it is.

Run the ball and figure out a way to use the WRs, including Mims in shorter passing attacks. They haven’t turned a corner yet. It’s going to be a long season.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:30 PM 11-02-2023
Why? It's dependent on how the rest of the season goes. You think the Penners are going to eat that contract that fast? I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, there are other thing to worry about. Russ has his limitations, but he's not the closest alligator to the boat.
He has a bonus due if he stays next season (not currently accounted for on spotrac or overthecap). If they keep him in 2024 they're essentially committing to him for more years, and I don't think they're ready to do that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:35 PM 11-02-2023
He has a bonus due if he stays next season (not currently accounted for on spotrac or overthecap). If they keep him in 2024 they're essentially committing to him for more years, and I don't think they're ready to do that.
We have to hear from Pasta… he knows people that know people.
[Reply]
TEX 02:16 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I just do not see them eating that contract. They need to figure this out with what he is.. and while that sucks, it is what it is.

Run the ball and figure out a way to use the WRs, including Mims in shorter passing attacks. They haven’t turned a corner yet. It’s going to be a long season.
This guy gets it...
[Reply]
Page 4651 of 4932
« First < 3651415145514601464146474648464946504651 4652465346544655466147014751 > Last »
Up