ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 10:27 AM 03-22-2023
I think part of the reason Zac likes the potential of OBJ is that Joe doesn't take deep drops like Pat, so OBJ won't have to try and keep pace with speed rushers deep around the corner, as he had to in KC. His drops will be significantly shorter (Joe mostly does 3-step drops, according to rfaulk), giving OBJ a better chance to make his blocks. just a theory.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:30 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The fans certainly expect him to be, though. And I still can't for the life of me figure out why they wanted him at all after how he got thoroughly exploited against THEIR defense. Coach Lou has to be puking a little in his mouth right now.
He's going to be a big upgrade for them, that's why they're keen on the move - although to be honest I hopped on their board and it looked a mixed response. They'll do exactly what we did, keep him on an island for power guys, give him support for the speedier ones. Burrow annoyingly does have pretty decent movement, but he has 2 modes - out quickly, or take a sack.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think part of the reason Zac likes the potential of OBJ is that Joe doesn't take deep drops like Pat, so OBJ won't have to try and keep pace with speed rushers deep around the corner, as he had to in KC. His drops will be significantly shorter (Joe mostly does 3-step drops, according to rfaulk), giving OBJ a better chance to make his blocks. just a theory.
Dude gets beat across his face on the regular. That's going to get Burrow killed. I have no doubt he can hold the arc because of the way the Cinci offense is run (and yes, they run a lot of 3-step drops but they also run quite a bit of 5-step and even some 7. Taylor showed a willingness to change things up last year, though, so a trend towards even more quick passing is probable). He'll be better in Cinci than he was here but "better than bad does not equal good". Not saying he's bad, just pointing to the relativity of it. He's not a great LT in ANY scheme and they're expecting him to be great.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There are your basics. The rest is fluff bullshit.
Dude, I read that and it looks really damning on Cincinnati's part.

OBJ was there largest outside free agent ever.

This part is the biggest "this organization is absolute shit" thing I've ever seen. So they knew that they didn't want Burrow to keep getting hit , but this is in the article "they were hunting tackles, just on lower levels." Like their idea to protect their franchise QB is, just get someone new and shitty?

This part in the article made my eyes roll;

“The biggest thing with him was he wanted to have a chance to win more Super Bowls,” Radicevic said. “He wanted to play with Joe.”

The Burrow Effect strikes again.

“Big time,” Brown said on being drawn by Burrow. “I’m kind of spoiled, you could say, in the football world with the guys that I’ve played with, the teams I’ve been on as well. Being able to play with a guy like 9, that’s a tough opportunity to pass up.”

Lol, shut the fuck up. The dude just last year turned down a significantly larger contract and then won the SB and decides that he's gonna go out and get this massive contract. They finally call the cheap ass Bengals and the Bengals are like, sure we will take him if he's willing to take less than the other OTs that have signed, but we will let him play LT.

The Bengals are trash and this makes Brown look like a huge fraud.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:37 AM 03-22-2023
Dude gets beat across his face on the regular. That's going to get Burrow killed. I have no doubt he can hold the arc because of the way the Cinci offense is run (and yes, they run a lot of 3-step drops but they also run quite a bit of 5-step and even some 7. Taylor showed a willingness to change things up last year, though, so a trend towards even more quick passing is probable). He'll be better in Cinci than he was here but "better than bad does not equal good". Not saying he's bad, just pointing to the relativity of it. He's not a great LT in ANY scheme and they're expecting him to be great.
If Cinci keeps his stance widened like the Chiefs had to do during the season to help his slow ass, he's still going to be suspect to inside moves with a quality pass rusher.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

This part is the biggest "this organization is absolute shit" thing I've ever seen. So they knew that they didn't want Burrow to keep getting hit , but this is in the article "they were hunting tackles, just on lower levels." Like their idea to protect their franchise QB is, just get someone new and shitty?

“The biggest thing with him was he wanted to have a chance to win more Super Bowls,” Radicevic said. “He wanted to play with Joe.”

“Big time,” Brown said on being drawn by Burrow. “I’m kind of spoiled, you could say, in the football world with the guys that I’ve played with, the teams I’ve been on as well. Being able to play with a guy like 9, that’s a tough opportunity to pass up.”

Lol, shut the fuck up. The dude just last year turned down a significantly larger contract and then won the SB and decides that he's gonna go out and get this massive contract. They finally call the cheap ass Bengals and the Bengals are like, sure we will take him if he's willing to take less than the other OTs that have signed, but we will let him play LT.

Yep.

People on the Chiefs group just want everybody to wish him well and move on. They said we should do the same with Tyreek. But man, they went to another team and immediately started talking about how things are so much better now that they aren't on the Chiefs. Fuck them. They deserve every ounce of derision they get.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 03-22-2023

Yeah, I read that and rolled my eyes. Dude wants to win Super Bowls...so he left the team that just won two in the last four years to go to the team who hasn't won one yet. Sure thing OBJ.

Dude...just say you felt slighted by the Chiefs offer and you wanted more guaranteed money.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:06 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You sure 'bout that?

I think that's referring to pass rush win rate, not pressures.

I know pass rush win rate is a straight up measurement of how often you hold your block longer/shorter than 2.5 seconds. But I've seen pressures recorded on screen passes before and it's nonsense like that which has me putting very little value on pressures either given up or accrued.

They are, as I understand them, EXTREMELY context specific.
One is time and one is distance. Pressure is the defender getting within 2 yards of the QB, at any time, while the ball is still in his hands.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:21 AM 03-22-2023

Lol, shut the **** up. The dude just last year turned down a significantly larger contract and then won the SB and decides that he's gonna go out and get this massive contract. They finally call the cheap ass Bengals and the Bengals are like, sure we will take him if he's willing to take less than the other OTs that have signed, but we will let him play LT.

Show us on the doll, where the Bengals touched you.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 03-22-2023
Not arguing. Just saying that between the fact that CIN runs the ball more and the shorter drops overall are just more inside OBJ's wheelhouse athletically speaking. He'll be more inside his own comfort zone. He's still going to get beat, but probably not quite as often, simply because on most snaps he won't be asked to drop as far/fast and he'll be going forward not backward as often. So the math says he should whiff fewer blocks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not arguing. Just saying that between the fact that CIN runs the ball more and the shorter drops overall are just more inside OBJ's wheelhouse athletically speaking. He'll be more inside his own comfort zone. He's still going to get beat, but probably not quite as often, simply because on most snaps he won't be asked to drop as far/fast and he'll be going forward not backward as often. So the math says he should whiff fewer blocks.
Of course, I fully expect the pressures to go down. But there's no way he gives up only 4 sacks next year. I don't see that math at all.

And as we all know, it only takes one bad wiff to get your QB hurt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Show us on the doll, where the Bengals touched you.
Go join your inbred brethren and bitch about the refs and the scripted NFL some more. We'd ask you to show us on the doll where the Chiefs touched you but we know you can't focus, drooling over the 2 Lombardi's we've gotten in the last 4 years.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:55 PM 03-22-2023
Go join your inbred brethren and bitch about the refs and the scripted NFL some more. We'd ask you to show us on the doll where the Chiefs touched you but we know you can't focus, drooling over the 2 Lombardi's we've gotten in the last 4 years.
That's a KC thing and i'm sure anyone associated with the Chiefs wouldn't appreciate you doing your drooling on the trophy they just won, without any help from you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 PM 04-04-2023

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:58 PM 04-04-2023
I think OBJ will give his best effort this year for the most part but he will let himself go after this year and be a lazy ass. They will get one good year out of him and that's just above average. If they were a running team he'd be worth it but they're not.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 56
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up