ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 139
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:00 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

So yeah while the talent is worth taking the chance on, you can't just ignore everything that surrounds it.

[Reply]

ForeverIowan 05:00 PM 10-27-2022
If this dude makes one single huge play during a playoff run this year that leads to a Super Bowl the 3rd rounder given up is worth it. Anything more during the rest of his rookie contract is gravy. Pure gravy. Not crazy to think the upside of this trade with a player with his ability could become elite playing with Reid/Mahomes.
[Reply]
-King- 05:03 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I'm the captain of ignoring what stupid shit a player does as long as he's productive and isn't causing a rift in the locker room.

Like I said, it's all up to him now. He has the talent and the environment to be a great WR. What he does with that is on him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 10-27-2022
At the very least he should be an immediate boon just by getting Skyy off punt return duty, and if that doesn't happen and Toney is capable and healthy Toub needs to get the fuck out.
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:07 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
What is an AK 15?
The long lost cousin of the AR 47
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
At the very least he should be an immediate boon just by getting Skyy off punt return duty, and if that doesn't happen and Toney is capable and healthy Toub needs to get the fuck out.
:-)
Dave Toub has been the best ST over the last 13 years or more, there's no reason or chance Toub goes anywhere unless he wants to go.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:14 PM 10-27-2022
What? No it isn't. Both of those guys were incredibly passionate about football. Complete assholes in their own respective ways, yes, but still incredibly passionate.
I never took Vick as an asshole. He just liked to fight dogs so he had some questionable morals. He wasn't a complete shit teammate just not a great one.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:18 PM 10-27-2022
I’ve been told that the current Giants’ front office did not draft him. Even with that, getting a low 3 & 6 for an overall #20 with that kind of talent must be a huge bite in the ass for the Giants’ organization. Throw in the rookie contract and this trade has the potential of being pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:19 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Dave Toub has been the best ST over the last 13 years or more, there's no reason or chance Toub goes anywhere unless he wants to go.
:-):-):-):-):-) Based on what, exactly? Because we've had some spectacular gaffes with our special teams in recent years.

Remember the gap between the long snapper and right guard that would constantly get exploited for blocked punts? Pepperidge Farm remembers, especially since it happened in the playoffs, TWICE.

Remember the constant flags on our return units for stupid ass shit like blocks in the back and holds? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember the fact that we constantly have to keep one or two roster spots open exclusively for special teams JAGs that contribute literally nothing else at a to the team? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember constantly trotting out Skyy Moore to field punts even though he's shown some incredibly poor habits dating back to preseason that ultimately led to us actually losing a game? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:20 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I never took Vick as an asshole. He just liked to fight dogs so he had some questionable morals. He wasn't a complete shit teammate just not a great one.
Uhh, yeah, that whole dogfighting bit kind of makes him an asshole.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:23 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The thing about Hughes is that he's dirt fucking cheap, in terms of both cap hit and likely trade compensation. It's something they could do without really batting an eye, whereas most of the other options out there right now would require considerable outlay in both draft picks and salary.
I mean…. Except for Suh who would cost zero picks. And a pro rated salary for this season.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:23 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chiefs have been playing the long game going back to the offseason.

This move is another that fills the bill.

I wouldn't say that it has absolutely nothing to do with this season, but it's definitely a long term move for the most part.

Toney isn't even healthy right now.

[Reply]
raybec 4 05:24 PM 10-27-2022
:-):-):-):-):-) Based on what, exactly? Because we've had some spectacular gaffes with our special teams in recent years.

Remember the gap between the long snapper and right guard that would constantly get exploited for blocked punts? Pepperidge Farm remembers, especially since it happened in the playoffs, TWICE.

Remember the constant flags on our return units for stupid ass shit like blocks in the back and holds? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember the fact that we constantly have to keep one or two roster spots open exclusively for special teams JAGs that contribute literally nothing else at a to the team? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember constantly trotting out Skyy Moore to field punts even though he's shown some incredibly poor habits dating back to preseason that ultimately led to us actually losing a game? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I believe almost all teams do this. guys who play specials well are very important.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:25 PM 10-27-2022
Uhh, yeah, that whole dogfighting bit kind of makes him an asshole.
Being an asshole or not is how you treat other people.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:26 PM 10-27-2022

Not that I necessarily agree with it but Toub is consistently among the highest rated ST coaches in the league by most of the advanced metrics. I will see if I can find the article.

And again im not saying I agree but Megatron didn’t just pull it out of his ass.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 139
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up