ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 55
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:19 PM 05-29-2023
When Dallas is bad they're really bad.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:42 PM 05-29-2023
That fourth goal looked like Dallas just gave up.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:39 PM 05-29-2023
Go Panthers.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:40 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Go Panthers.
Yeah, fuck everything vegas. Not that I'm biased now.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:00 PM 05-29-2023
Panthers/Golden Knights. Will Vegas win this time or are they destined for 0-2 in the Stanley Cup Final?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:11 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Panthers/Golden Knights. Will Vegas win this time or are they destined for 0-2 in the Stanley Cup Final?
If Bob keeps playing at the level he currently is, along with Tkachuk, it's going to be really hard for Vegas to win.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:50 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Should be interesting. One would think that LV will win as they are more talented, but Florida already knocked off a Boston team that had one of the best ever regular seasons, a very good Toronto team, and a very good Hurricanes team. At the same time they won six of their games in OT and their game 4 win over Carolina came with 5 seconds left. I question whether they can maintain that momentum in the finals.

This isn’t the same Vegas that made the finals in their inaugural season. Since I have no stake in the outcome I can watch for just the joy of watching. Just nice to see the Bruins and Celtics not playing in any finals so we don’t have to be subjected to douchy Boston fans.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:25 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Should be interesting. One would think that LV will win as they are more talented, but Florida already knocked off a Boston team that had one of the best ever regular seasons, a very good Toronto team, and a very good Hurricanes team. At the same time they won six of their games in OT and their game 4 win over Carolina came with 5 seconds left. I question whether they can maintain that momentum in the finals.

This isn’t the same Vegas that made the finals in their inaugural season. Since I have no stake in the outcome I can watch for just the joy of watching. Just nice to see the Bruins and Celtics not playing in any finals so we don’t have to be subjected to douchy Boston fans.
Amen. LV has been very impressive...composed, focused, business-like, but Florida barely making the playoffs then taking out the team with the best regular season ever is just unheard of. Biggest story in sports this year, if only people weren't so silly about hockey. Have to root for the Panthers, but LV was my favorite in the west.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:35 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Amen. LV has been very impressive...composed, focused, business-like, but Florida barely making the playoffs then taking out the team with the best regular season ever is just unheard of. Biggest story in sports this year, if only people weren't so silly about hockey. Have to root for the Panthers, but LV was my favorite in the west.
Eh, I don't know about that. It's not uncommon for 8 seeds to catch fire in the NHL (seems like the Kings were the last to actually win the cup). Combine that with the poor history of Presidents Trophy winners, and it wasn't completely unexpected.

But still, it's true that it's an upset for sure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:49 AM 05-30-2023
The funny thing is the Panthers are basically meeting expectations from last postseason after an underwhelming regular season. Their run wouldn't be completely unexpected in that regard, except they've also knocked off three 110+ teams and looking at #4.

The big difference with Vegas this season is they finally seem to have a plan on offense beyond buzzing around and scoring junk goals and relying on puck luck and turnovers. They're a lot less annoying to watch.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:16 AM 05-30-2023
It always seems like the better Regular Season you have the worse you perform in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:38 AM 05-30-2023
Eh, I don't know about that. It's not uncommon for 8 seeds to catch fire in the NHL (seems like the Kings were the last to actually win the cup). Combine that with the poor history of Presidents Trophy winners, and it wasn't completely unexpected.

Catching fire is one thing, but to take down a team with the BEST EVER regular season record, and then keep up the intensity/excellence for two more series is pretty stunning. I think only the Kings have done it as an 8 seed, but they only had to beat a few perennial punching bags to get to the finals.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:28 AM 05-30-2023

I think the last one was Nashville if memory serves me right. I was pulling for them only to watch Pittsburgh just overwhelm them.
[Reply]
Otter 12:02 PM 05-30-2023
I gotta admit that I'm completely indifferent but just hoping for a good Stanley Cup series.

I'm as tight with the Flyers as I am with the Chiefs as far as fandom can go but wow the Flyers are in Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel years that it's tough to watch.

Gotta say, IDGAF except for good hockey.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
I gotta admit that I'm completely indifferent but just hoping for a good Stanley Cup series.

I'm as tight with the Flyers as I am with the Chiefs as far as fandom can go but wow the Flyers are in Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel years that it's tough to watch.

Gotta say, IDGAF except for good hockey.
This Stanley Cup winner will be winning it for the first time, so that is a pretty good storyline and be what peaks my interest.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 55
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up