« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:04 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
They are talking about another season?

Fuck no. That's as wrapped as a story can get.
They can absolutely do another season.

Just make the focus smaller. Local trouble on Tatooine. Show Luke and Biggs racing T-16 Skyhoppers.

End on a fun connection to ANH. Ewan with white hair, sitting in his hut, fondling his lightsaber. Off in the distance, a Tusken Raider bellows through the Jundland Wastes.

"Blast! I'm really getting too old for this sort of thing."

FIN
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Obi-Wan kicked Vader's ass.
I enjoyed his boulder leap into the high ground, and then he used his offhand to land the decisive blow from above. Vader can't lift his arms over his head. Power move by Obi-Wan.

I don't think *think* we've seen that move from him before but there might be something similar in the duel with Maul. There was some fun choreography in there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:10 PM 06-23-2022
DAMN the production stills from this

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 PM 06-23-2022
lmao

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:22 PM 06-23-2022
omg

[Reply]
Stryker 08:36 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That was a seriously satisfying finale.

I got some big time tears going when Obi-Wan was telling Leia about her parents, and the Leia theme from the original Star Wars came in.

MY EMOTIONS

Also love LOVE LOVE the way they used "hello there." They kept that powder dry the whole time :-).

Vader getting his helmet cut open on the opposite side where Ashoka got him in Rebels was pure poetry. Ashoka gets Vader's right side, Obi-Wan gets Vader's left side, emphasizing the master/student relationship between each party. (Obi to Anakin's left, Anakin to Ashoka's left).

In the end they both leave him and neither can get through to Anakin.

Only Luke, who stays with him until the end, no matter what, can fully unmask Vader.

Vader's lines really show you what a psychotic break Anakin has had. He's mentally ill. He's a victim.

Qui-Gon was perfect. Just the way Ewan said "Master Qui-Gon" and Liam said "Obi-Wan."

Exactly how they pronounced their lines in the Phantom Menace.

We need a season 2 with Obi-Wan absolutely wrecking the flora and fauna of Tatooine in defense of Luke.

"Your Uncle can hold off a Tusken raiding party with one blaster!"

GIMME
Yes, all above thoughts as well! Yes, GIMME :-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 PM 06-23-2022
They can absolutely do another season.

Just make the focus smaller. Local trouble on Tatooine. Show Luke and Biggs racing T-16 Skyhoppers.

End on a fun connection to ANH. Ewan with white hair, sitting in his hut, fondling his lightsaber. Off in the distance, a Tusken Raider bellows through the Jundland Wastes.

"Blast! I'm really getting too old for this sort of thing."

FIN

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:46 PM 06-23-2022
WHAT IS THIS

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 PM 06-23-2022
don't cry

*cries*

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 PM 06-23-2022
YES

[Reply]
Fish 10:01 PM 06-23-2022
That reminds me, I thought the young actor they chose for Luke looked absolutely ridiculous. Not sure what I expected, but that was NOT it. He just kind of had a dumb look that bothered me.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:17 PM 06-23-2022
LOVED the finale. That was a lot of fun and had some soul to it (rather then the paper thin nonsense of the past 6 episodes).

Really enjoyed it. Fun ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:24 PM 06-23-2022
moses ingram wasn't a diversity hire...the character was great and the actress did a respectable job bringing her to life

rey was a stupid character with a dumb, unearned arc full of mary sue bullshit

reva's made sense, and no one was else was kucked to her benefit
The character was not great. It nearly killed the show...there was nothing Reva brought to the table that one of the other Inquistors could not have done---Have the show start with the Grand Inquistor in the Jedi Archives, studying Kenobi's history....have him make the connection with Bail Organa and go from there.

Reva's whole motivation is the last episode was shit---I am going to avenge my youngling friends by killing a fucking child--are you kidding me?

It is pretty clear that Lucasfilm took a look at the characters in this story and realized that they were all already established, and that they had no "representation" in the show...so they scrambled around with rewrites and came up with Reva.

If Reva had died in Chapter 5 like she fucking should have (apparently getting sliced through by a lightsaber is just a fucking flesh wound now days)...then I might not be as critical of her story arc....but her reasonings and motivation in Chapter 6 make no sense, and honestly, I wanted Owen to nail her with his blaster like he does when Tusken Raiders come around.

Overall I liked the show, but Reva is right up there with Rose Ticco and those asshats in The Last Jedi--they bring nothing good into the Star Wars universe.
[Reply]
notorious 06:10 AM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
That reminds me, I thought the young actor they chose for Luke looked absolutely ridiculous. Not sure what I expected, but that was NOT it. He just kind of had a dumb look that bothered me.
Most kids have that dumb look.

They really wanted to show innocence, and blind optimism. It makes the realization of who his father is that much worse.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 AM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The character was not great. It nearly killed the show...there was nothing Reva brought to the table that one of the other Inquistors could not have done---Have the show start with the Grand Inquistor in the Jedi Archives, studying Kenobi's history....have him make the connection with Bail Organa and go from there.

Reva's whole motivation is the last episode was shit---I am going to avenge my youngling friends by killing a fucking child--are you kidding me?

It is pretty clear that Lucasfilm took a look at the characters in this story and realized that they were all already established, and that they had no "representation" in the show...so they scrambled around with rewrites and came up with Reva.

If Reva had died in Chapter 5 like she fucking should have (apparently getting sliced through by a lightsaber is just a fucking flesh wound now days)...then I might not be as critical of her story arc....but her reasonings and motivation in Chapter 6 make no sense, and honestly, I wanted Owen to nail her with his blaster like he does when Tusken Raiders come around.

Overall I liked the show, but Reva is right up there with Rose Ticco and those asshats in The Last Jedi--they bring nothing good into the Star Wars universe.
This was my biggest problem with it as well. Made no sense at all.

Just like Vader leaving her alive made no sense at all. And of course Kenobi leaving Vader alive made no sense at all, except for the fact that he couldn't be killed without ruining the continuity of the show. But killing her off would have been fine. Would have made more sense if another inquisitor found the hologram and went to Tatooine, and Kenobi had greased him just as he was about to kill Luke.

Oh well. It had some stinky plot holes, but still I liked it.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 54
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up