ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:35 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You're gonna have to chase 15, not 12.
He'll only see 15 in meaningless regular season games or the Super Bowl.

If Williams get them to the Super Bowl, he certainly won't be a bust.

I've been pretty hard on the douche for awhile now, but he doesn't deserve criticism for this one.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:11 PM 07-31-2024
Caleb Pioli wasn’t necessarily something I would have predicted. I kind of like it though.

"First thing he said was, 'Hey, man, we're all grown men here, right?'" Byard said. "He was like 'We're getting a little too sloppy. We're leaving water bottles, towels and all types of things around. Custodians have a lot of square footage that they have to cover in this whole building. Let's try to help them out by cleaning up after ourselves.' ... When you want to be a great player, you always focus on the little details—not even just the details of the play, but the details of everything around you."

https://www.si.com/nfl/caleb-william...r-room-conduct
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:12 PM 07-31-2024
Assuming he's having a decent camp because this thread took this long to get bumped.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:15 PM 07-31-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Caleb Pioli wasn’t necessarily something I would have predicted. I kind of like it though.

"First thing he said was, 'Hey, man, we're all grown men here, right?'" Byard said. "He was like 'We're getting a little too sloppy. We're leaving water bottles, towels and all types of things around. Custodians have a lot of square footage that they have to cover in this whole building. Let's try to help them out by cleaning up after ourselves.' ... When you want to be a great player, you always focus on the little details—not even just the details of the play, but the details of everything around you."

The first part of the quote telling guys to clean up after themselves: Sure. I like it. Has nothing to do with determining his career success, but it does help a tiny bit to push back at the unfair narrative that he was all diva and not a person able to lead a locker room.

The second part about "it's the little details" screams Russell Wilson bullshit, and I hope this is just a rough summary from Byard of what Caleb actually said and not the exact words.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 07-31-2024

I'm sure the tenth-year linemen appreciated this guidance.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:20 PM 07-31-2024

I see nothing wrong with any of this.

Key point though- This attitude only works if you perform well at the actual job of playing football. If not you look like a brown nosing clown.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:35 PM 07-31-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm sure the tenth-year linemen appreciated this guidance.
Everyone hates a new employee who acts like they've been there for years, no matter how good they are at their job.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:50 PM 07-31-2024
Yeah, it’s either the guy has mad respect for everyone all the way down to the cleanup crew. Good. But given the guys reputation it feels more like grandstanding, trying too hard or thinking he’s better than his veterans.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:57 PM 07-31-2024
Caleb is truly leading by example.

He always puts his fingernail polish bottles and his dresses neatly into his locker before he leaves the facility each day.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:56 AM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Everyone hates a new employee who acts like they've been there for years, no matter how good they are at their job.
Unless you acknowledge that your workplace needs a turn around.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:07 AM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Caleb is truly leading by example.

He always puts his fingernail polish bottles and his dresses neatly into his locker before he leaves the facility each day.
If he wants to be the modern day Joe Namath go for it. Maybe he'll bring panty hoes back in favor for the wamens.

It's the Mahomes comparisons I think are stupid. Strong armed QB's that can run are a dime a dozen in College. It's what's between Pat's ears that makes him the greatest QB to ever play...
[Reply]
wazu 08:57 AM 08-01-2024
That speech seems douchey coming from a rookie. You need wins under your belt before you start with that shit.
[Reply]
wazu 04:12 PM 08-11-2024
Watching the Bears preseason game from yesterday. Caleb has made a few throws that helped me better understand some of the Mahomes comparisons, not having watched much of him in college. Improvisational, extends plays, and great arm strength when off platform. I know this isn't ground-breaking but it's against NFL players. Looks very comfortable.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:15 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Watching the Bears preseason game from yesterday. Caleb has made a few throws that helped me better understand some of the Mahomes comparisons, not having watched much of him in college. Improvisational, extends plays, and great arm strength when off platform. I know this isn't ground-breaking but it's against NFL players. Looks very comfortable.
I have to admit he looked impressive.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:22 PM 08-11-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have to admit he looked impressive.
From what I saw...I agree.

He was creating plays in his first pre-season game...like Mahomes did. That's what you want to see..
[Reply]
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up