ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 51
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***
Coach 05:56 PM 10-05-2021

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:52 PM 11-02-2021
Soler is going to get MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:53 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Yep DMGM gave him away for nothing.

Because he sucks at those kinda trades.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:54 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Soler angling for that WSMVP

It’s guaranteed with a win tonight.

[Reply]
Simply Red 07:54 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Probably the worst team in the playoffs ending up winning but I’m fine with this outcome. Because **** the Astros.
k bud. Sure looks that Atlanta was the worst team.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:57 PM 11-02-2021
Probably the worst team in the playoffs ending up winning but I’m fine with this outcome. Because **** the Astros.
They caught magic in a bottle. That’s what baseball is more about than any other sport. They got hot at the exact right time and never looked back.

You’re doing them a disservice by calling them the worst team in the playoffs, though. Their lineup is freaking stacked. It’s not like Soler and Rosario haven’t had huge seasons in the past. There is absolutely nothing flukey about what they’re accomplishing. They convincingly beat everyone in their path.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:58 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
k bud. Sure looks that Atlanta was the worst team.
They won 88 games in a terrible division. Easily the worst team in the playoffs, yes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 11-02-2021
They won 88 games in a terrible division. Easily the worst team in the playoffs, yes.
You should well know the hot team is the better team every post season. That’s when baseball really starts. This series isn’t even going 7.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:04 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
They caught magic in a bottle. That’s what baseball is more about than any other sport. They got hot at the exact right time and never looked back.

You’re doing them a disservice by calling them the worst team in the playoffs, though. Their lineup is freaking stacked. It’s not like Soler and Rosario haven’t had huge seasons in the past. There is absolutely nothing flukey about what they’re accomplishing. They convincingly beat everyone in their path.
I would say the Astros lineup is stacked. They scored a league leading 863 runs (over 70 more than the Braves for example).

The Braves are missing easily their best hitter (Acuna) but are getting ridiculously hot stretches from average hitters (which happens all the time in baseball) who will likely return to the mean come next April. Luckily for them, that hardly matters right now.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:05 PM 11-02-2021
Lets go dumples
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:07 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You should well know the hot team is the better team every post season. That’s when baseball really starts. This series isn’t even going 7.
If the series went 7, would that change the fact that the only reason the Braves even got in the playoffs was that they played in a terrible division?

They played well for a couple weeks in the crapshoot that is the MLB playoffs. It makes them the 2021 WS winner but I’m not sure it makes them the “best” team in 2021.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:15 PM 11-02-2021
If the series went 7, would that change the fact that the only reason the Braves even got in the playoffs was that they played in a terrible division?

They played well for a couple weeks in the crapshoot that is the MLB playoffs. It makes them the 2021 WS winner but I’m not sure it makes them the “best” team in 2021.
Flags fly forever. No one cares how well you played in the regular season, only the post season. Remember 2015. It's looking like the Braves were the best team as they also knocked off the Dodgers just to get to the WS.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:18 PM 11-02-2021

They were 3 games under .500 on August 1st and won 2/3rds of their games over the last 54 games of the season (10 percentage points better than the Astros), and now that's carried over to another 15 games in the postseason.

That's 3 months playing as well as any other team, not just two weeks.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:18 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Flags fly forever. No one cares how well you played in the regular season, only the post season.
Oh, I agree. But for the same reason, nobody should also be getting offended by me pointing out what the Braves actually were this season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:20 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They were 3 games under .500 on August 1st and won 2/3rds of their games over the last 54 games of the season (10 percentage points better than the Astros), and now that's carried over to another 15 games in the postseason.

That's 3 months playing as well as any other team, not just two weeks.
Does being the best team over the last few months mean you were the “best” team in 2021? I don’t think the argument fundamentally changes because their hot stretch extended to the end of the regular season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:21 PM 11-02-2021
I don’t think the Astros were the “best” team either btw. It was probably one of the Giants, Dodgers or Rays.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 51
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up