Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:52 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Just because the defense was a garbage fire last year and it's better doesn't mean it's better than Odom's. The 2019 team had a lower PPG against than this year's team. 2018's defense was slightly worse than this year's.

Odom probably needed to go because I am not sure he had that high of a ceiling with how his recruiting went (especially missing on in-state guys near the end), I'd argue he showed some sort of trajectory years 1-3 unlike Drinkwitz before falling back to 6-6.

I don't think there's many guys on Mizzou's offense, currently, that would start at many other SEC schools right now.

Drinkwitz is an offensive guy. The fact that he can't develop a QB or have a semi-competent offense is a major indictment against him.

Shane Beamer won 7 games last year with a grad assistant playing QB. Spencer Rattler is absolute dog shit, but their defense + run game is improving. South Carolina at least has some sort of pulse to show they're going the right direction with wins to show with that.

Saying "Mizzou would be 6-1 with average-level major conference QB play" is a stretch. Yes, more times than not, not all teams would lose the 3 games they did by 1 possession. However, they lost them.

They utterly collapsed vs Georgia offensively. Auburn was also playing dog shit with QB, as was Florida.

I see maybe 2 wins (max) left on their schedule. Do you think Drinkwitz can develop the guys he brought in? Because I sure as hell don't think he can.
Do I think Drinkwitz is going to develop a QB? I need to see it. He hasn't done it so far. Horn is really the first legit chance he had to get a HS kid recruited and on the roster. He needs to nail that.

His first year, I thought he did an impressive job to get to .500 with a very low-talent roster and a limited QB. Odom left him a pile of crap and a lot of what talent was left behind left after that first year (Bolton and the safeties on D, Rountree).

He hasn't done enough to band-aid the QB position since. Missing on guy after guy in the transfer portal has really hurt him - he needed one of those guys to get him through this time while he waits to get his first guy ready.

He has things to prove for sure. I think they're going to finish this season at 4-8 or 5-7, with an absolute blowout loss to Tennessee as part of that finish.

Next season is probably make-or-break for him. He needs to hang on to Burden and Lovett and have a big uptick year, with the new QB playing well and giving them a real foundation to build upon.

And amidst all that. Outside of the failure at QB, I like the way the roster has changed, especially the defense. He did a good job in the transfer portal this year on that side of the ball.

There's a good chance this is a Butch Jones/Will Muschamp situation, where his success recruiting never translates to success as a coach. BUt if nothing else, Drinkwitz has stocked the roster with quite a bit more talent than was present when he got here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:18 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Told you a few years ago should have hired Heupel
Heupel was pretty hated at Central Florida. So far it's looking great, but I want to see how he fares when he's relying on his own croots.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:23 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Told you a few years ago should have hired Heupel
Told you literally when it happened that you shouldn't have hired Frost because he was a complete idiot (while at UNI).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:37 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Told you literally when it happened that you shouldn't have hired Frost because he was a complete idiot (while at UNI).
Different circumstances bud Lincoln would have burned down if they didn't hire him but both schools have been wildly incompetent when it comes to coaching hires I will give you that
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:13 AM 10-26-2022
Just read on the SEC Rant that Drinkwitz is very unhappy and wants out. Looks like he will be gone for sure after this season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:06 PM 10-29-2022
I'd prefer to have my balls stapled to a step stool and set on fire than watch Cook play another snap at QB. Even when the team is playing relatively well watching this retard do nothing but QB option runs for miniscule yardage is fucking agony.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:08 PM 10-29-2022
Mevis is throwing games.
[Reply]
Coach 04:21 PM 10-29-2022
And Felix finally gets a sack after being held.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:27 PM 10-29-2022
What the fuck happened to Rattler. Not so long ago he was a potential first overall pick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:35 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What the **** happened to Rattler. Not so long ago he was a potential first overall pick.
When? HS?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:43 PM 10-29-2022
When? HS?
Betting favorite in the 2021 offseason to go first overall in 2022.
[Reply]
phisherman 05:08 PM 10-29-2022
Drinkwich is kind of a red ass.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:08 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Just read on the SEC Rant that Drinkwitz is very unhappy and wants out. Looks like he will be gone for sure after this season.
Doesn't look unhappy to me. Top 25 win on the road.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:11 PM 10-29-2022
When? HS?
Superturtle is right. People acted like this clown was Mahomes 2.0
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:14 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Superturtle is right. People acted like this clown was Mahomes 2.0
After he had played any meaningful time in college?
[Reply]
Page 46 of 109
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up