ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 163
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Monticore 05:33 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:

USA USA
Weren’t you the ones playing for the tie and happy with the results?
[Reply]
Womble 06:05 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Weren’t you the ones playing for the tie and happy with the results?
Few to none of our fans are happy with the draw or our performance.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:14 AM 11-26-2022
It’s the next day and England still hasn’t beaten the USA in a soccer match that mattered. God, I’d kill myself if I lived there.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:18 AM 11-26-2022
Few to none of our fans are happy with the draw or our performance.
Do you think it makes it harder for the other team when one team is playing for a draw? The US result is mostly due to your team being a bunch of cunts and being afraid to lose to them.
[Reply]
Womble 06:50 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
It’s the next day and England still hasn’t beaten the USA in a soccer match that mattered. God, I’d kill myself if I lived there.
PM me bruv. I've got a spare room in my house for you to do God's work in.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:35 AM 11-26-2022

USA USA
Seriously this is like Eastern Michigan losing to Alabama on a last second FG and Alabama celebrating and mocking Eastern Michigan like they just won the national championship. Low grade trolling on your part……..mate.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:43 AM 11-26-2022

[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:59 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you think it makes it harder for the other team when one team is playing for a draw? The US result is mostly due to your team being a bunch of cunts and being afraid to lose to them.
Uhhh…US had more shots on goal, corners, and all other offensive statistical categories.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:02 AM 11-26-2022
So now I believe if Poland beats Argentina and Mexico beats Saudi Arabia, Mexico will be in regardless of what they do against Argentina.

Assuming Mexico doesn't beat Argentina but does beat Saudi Arabia, it's very possible a tie break will determine who moves on between Mexico and Poland/Argentina.

Poland might not be laughing about that last chance for a 3rd goal in 4 days time.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:32 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by ultimate175:
Many people that don’t get or enjoy soccer fail to appreciate the skill involved. You watch it, and it looks kind of easy and pedestrian, and therefore boring. It’s not. Try going out and doing even basics yourself - shooting, shot placement, one touch passing, bringing a long pass down in front of you without it bouncing 15 yards away. It’s all VERY hard to do well. Every other sport requires hand-eye coordination, which is just more natural. Foot-eye coordination is a different beast.

I grew up playing football and now love both sports. But I didn’t appreciate the teamwork and fluid beauty of a well executed soccer game (regardless of score), until I played in adult leagues and tried it myself. Humbling.
That's actually one of the reasons I DONT like soccer. I prefer sports (generally like bball or football) where if you are just the best athlete out there you are gonna be one of the best. Think Giannis, LeBron, Ja Morant, Lamar Jackson, Aaron Donald. Freaks of nature. Never been a fan of the Bradys, Jokics, Bully Butlers etc, From what I can gather offside penalties, angles, amt of guys allowed on field and the size of the goal really mitigate the need to be really athletic. Of course being athletic always helps, but the best guys arent these amazing athletes. They are crafty, good strikers, play well in tight spaces to get weird headers and goals that way.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:44 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's actually one of the reasons I DONT like soccer. I prefer sports (generally like bball or football) where if you are just the best athlete out there you are gonna be one of the best. Think Giannis, LeBron, Ja Morant, Lamar Jackson, Aaron Donald. Freaks of nature. Never been a fan of the Bradys, Jokics, etc, From what I can gather offside penalties, angles and the size of the goal really mitigate the need to be really athletic. Of course being athletic always helps, but the best guys arent these amazing athletes. They are crafty, good strikers, play well in tight spaces to get weird headers and goals that way.
There are different categories when it come to being athletic, physical gifted ( fast/strong/can jump etc) and then there is the technique coordination aspect to being athletic then you need the sports IQ , I always preferred guys with a the last two but in rare cases you get one with all three and you end up with a guy like Jordan/Mahomes/McDavid /Ronaldo but I much preferred watching Steve Nash over Shaq or Gretzky over Lindros Mahomes over Jackson/Allen
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:

[Reply]
Womble 09:49 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Seriously this is like Eastern Michigan losing to Alabama on a last second FG and Alabama celebrating and mocking Eastern Michigan like they just won the national championship. Low grade trolling on your part……..mate.
Poor analogy mate. Thing is mate we didnt lose and yet people here are acting like we did, mate. And it puts you in a pretty bad place heading into the final game and we're through already, mate. That's what's the pisstake is about mate.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:53 AM 11-26-2022
Poor analogy mate. Thing is mate we didnt lose and yet people here are acting like we did, mate. And it puts you in a pretty bad place heading into the final game and we're through already, mate. That's what's the pisstake is about mate.
Speak english. I have no clue what you just said. None.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:59 AM 11-26-2022
It’s gonna be hilarious when Gareth Bale drops 4 on England in a rout and the US shithouses Iran, with the US and Wales advancing.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 163
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up