ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4577 of 4930
« First < 3577407744774527456745734574457545764577 4578457945804581458746274677 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:15 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fortunately for you this upcoming draft is projected to have the best QB prospect, WR prospect, LT prospect and TE prospect in years. I am also a Drake Maye stan who thinks he's just like Herbert but plays for NC who is way less talented.

If I were you this would be my draft board:

1. Caleb Williams
2. Drake Maye
3. Quinn Ewers, Micheal Penix, Bo Nix..maybe Sheduer?
4. Olumuyia Fashanu
5. Brock Bowers

You'll have your pick of QB's but even if that doesn't work out Fashanu might be there. That's a plug and play excellent LT for 8-10 years as a fall back
I can’t imagine getting a top pick in this draft and taking a TE, especially with a generational WR prospect available.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:16 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Squirty Snatch:
:-) Who the fuck said that. Most of what I've seen is relatively speaking he's not the problem for Denver right now. That's more an indictment on how bad the rest of your organization is currently performing than anything Russ is or isn't doing.
There’s a surprising number of people saying that Russ isn’t the problem and we should draft to build the rest of the team.
[Reply]
neech 12:20 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
There’s a surprising number of people saying that Russ isn’t the problem and we should draft to build the rest of the team.
Good I want them to keep Russ as QB as long as possible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:25 PM 10-10-2023
I mean, unless you're in a position to grab Williams at 1 overall you probably SHOULD build the team up. Not necessarily around Russ but your QBOTF when he's brought in. Your roster is literal years away from competing as currently constructed and you'd probably be better served not wasting the rookie years of your next QB on a stagnant roster waiting for dead cap hits to flush out.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:32 PM 10-10-2023
I mean, unless you're in a position to grab Williams at 1 overall you probably SHOULD build the team up. Not necessarily around Russ but your QBOTF when he's brought in. Your roster is literal years away from competing as currently constructed and you'd probably be better served not wasting the rookie years of your next QB on a stagnant roster waiting for dead cap hits to flush out.
Yeah, that’s what I’m responding to. Let’s build up the team with a QB that doesn’t fit the system the HC wants to run so we can make sure we’re not in a position to get a good QB in the future. Wasting rookie contract years is apparently the top concern now.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:40 PM 10-10-2023
Yeah, that’s what I’m responding to. Let’s build up the team with a QB that doesn’t fit the system the HC wants to run so we can make sure we’re not in a position to get a good QB in the future. Wasting rookie contract years is apparently the top concern now.
Isn't that pretty much what Caleb Williams dad said? Pretty sure he said he didn't want his son to be in a bad talentless rebuild situation.

I think his family is hoping the Bears get the first pick, punt Fields off the team, get the 2nd pick to get Marvin Harrison Jr and have input to bring his pal Lincoln Riley in as coach.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:43 PM 10-10-2023
Uhh, you're not in position to build the team up now. That's the point. You need to tear down and get those shot cap hits off the books ASAP
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:58 PM 10-10-2023
I wonder if the people advocating for Denver to keep Russ and build around him also wanted to keep Cassel. I wonder what role players you guys could have gotten with those two picks traded for Smith.
In 2010? Yes they did. It was very pathetic. The draftutbators took alot of flak but they were right other than all their QB targets to draft sucked ass as well :-) After 2011 most everyone had turned.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:59 PM 10-10-2023
Uhh, you're not in position to build the team up now. That's the point. You need to tear down and get those shot cap hits off the books ASAP
Are we arguing semantics now? We have to do something with likely a top 5 pick. What do you think that should be?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:01 PM 10-10-2023
Are we arguing semantics now? We have to do something with likely a top 5 pick. What do you think that should be?
If you're not in a position to grab Williams I'd trade down with a QB needy team and stock more high value picks in 2025 and beyond
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:01 PM 10-10-2023
This Denver team has actually far LESS talent than I said they did. I am finally after all these years wrong about Denver?
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:01 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Isn't that pretty much what Caleb Williams dad said? Pretty sure he said he didn't want his son to be in a bad talentless rebuild situation.

I think his family is hoping the Bears get the first pick, punt Fields off the team, get the 2nd pick to get Marvin Harrison Jr and have input to bring his pal Lincoln Riley in as coach.
I think the Bears are going to play their way out of that situation.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:02 PM 10-10-2023
I think the Bears are going to play their way out of that situation.
The Panthers pick is the one most likely to be #1 overall.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:02 PM 10-10-2023
Oh pleseeeeease draft Shadeur...jfc :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:04 PM 10-10-2023
If you're not in a position to grab Williams I'd trade down with a QB needy team and stock more high value picks in 2025 and beyond
Do you see the talent difference between Williams and Maye, etc. as big enough to make that distinction? If we can draft Maye, why not do that? If it makes sense to trade away a chance at Maye, why not trade away a chance at Williams?
[Reply]
Page 4577 of 4930
« First < 3577407744774527456745734574457545764577 4578457945804581458746274677 > Last »
Up