ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4575 of 4909
« First < 3575407544754525456545714572457345744575 4576457745784579458546254675 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:02 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sure, but I do think there's something to the fact that with that roster as it is right now, and Russ's contract, it's not the best time to be drafting a QB.

Even Williams will absolutely struggle with a shit roster.
You have to start somewhere, and the opportunities to get legit QB prospects are rare. I’m fine with wasting a few years of cheap QB play if it can be used to set up a good team later.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:03 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sure, but I do think there's something to the fact that with that roster as it is right now, and Russ's contract, it's not the best time to be drafting a QB.

Even Williams will absolutely struggle with a shit roster.
If Williams is really the next big thing, you have to take him. I'm not convinced he's going to dominate the NFL though.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:06 PM 10-09-2023
2022 and 2023 are the first years in his career that Lewis Hamilton hasn’t won a single F1 race. Everything and everyone associated with this perpetual losing franchise immediately turns into a steaming pile of shit! :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:07 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If Williams is really the next big thing, you have to take him. I'm not convinced he's going to dominate the NFL though.
Even if we don’t get #1, we have to replace Wilson, whether that means taking a QB at #3 (or wherever) or taking someone like Fashanu/Harrison Jr and taking a QB later to develop.
[Reply]
notorious 10-09-2023, 08:10 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Coochie liquor 08:28 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
You have to start somewhere, and the opportunities to get legit QB prospects are rare. I’m fine with wasting a few years of cheap QB play if it can be used to set up a good team later.

So follow the Sharters model with Herbie?? Speaking of which, I’m
Thinking of doing a remix of Margaritaville. But it’s gonna be about how they wasted Herbie’s rookie deal. Here’s the hook.

Wasted Herbies whole rookie contract. Only made the playoffs once. Some people claim it’s the head coach to blame, but I know… that teams just cursed!!

Almost forgot to post my meme. That’s obviously not addressed at you. But more so the major of Denver fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:33 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So follow the Sharters model with Herbie?? Speaking of which, I’m
Thinking of doing a remix of Margaritaville. But it’s gonna be about how they wasted Herbie’s rookie deal. Here’s the hook.

Wasted Herbies whole rookie contract. Only made the playoffs once. Some people claim it’s the head coach to blame, but I know… that teams just cursed!!

Almost forgot to post my meme. That’s obviously not addressed at you. But more so the major of Denver fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, being like the Chargers would be a big improvement at this point. I’d like to dump VJ as soon as he’s helped us secure a high pick, so hopefully our defense will improve in the future.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:46 PM 10-09-2023
It's a tough spot. Manning went what, 1-15 his first year then went on to a hall of fame career. But Luck had his career dramatically shortened by a bad roster. David Carr was completely ruined. It was much better for Mahomes to come into a team that was already a playoff team. Reid did it right by bringing in Alex Smith and building a team around him before drafting Mahomes. It might be smart to build first.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 10-09-2023
We legit might shut Denver out, and I hope Spags holds NOTHING back.

300 LB BOX OF RAPE GAMEPLAN
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:48 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's a tough spot. Manning went what, 1-15 his first year then went on to a hall of fame career. But Luck had his career dramatically shortened by a bad roster. David Carr was completely ruined. It was much better for Mahomes to come into a team that was already a playoff team. Reid did it right by bringing in Alex Smith and building a team around him before drafting Mahomes. It might be smart to build first.
It’s a valid way to go, and Fashanu should be a solid LT for a long time.

Then again, I saw Joe Thomas’ career.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:13 AM 10-10-2023
I mean, being like the Chargers would be a big improvement at this point. I’d like to dump VJ as soon as he’s helped us secure a high pick, so hopefully our defense will improve in the future.
Hope in one hand and shit in the other.

See which one fills up first
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:02 AM 10-10-2023
The current Broncos remind me of the Chiefs of the mid 70s. They won that Super Bowl in 2015 and thought they were on the cusp of winning more. They clung to that belief so tightly that they ignored the realities of their front office and roster.

The Broncos have been chasing a mirage and ignoring the reality that their team is getting worse. They gave up vast riches in money and draft picks to obtain/extend Wilson when they probably could have obtained him for far less at a time when they desperately needed all of those draft picks and all of that salary cap to perform necessary maintenance on the roster.

Now the Broncos are hoping to obtain a franchise QB, but even if they do, they still have a crap roster to surround him and a hell of a lot of money owed to Wilson. Furthermore, the process of surrounding him with the talent necessary to win will have to be done by the same front office that has put them into their current bind.

The Broncos are bad and the future is not looking good. I saw the same thing when the Super Bowl IV winning Chiefs got old. If your team doesn't wake up to those realities soon, it can, and will, get much much worse.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:13 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
2022 and 2023 are the first years in his career that Lewis Hamilton hasn’t won a single F1 race. Everything and everyone associated with this perpetual losing franchise immediately turns into a steaming pile of shit! :-)
As an F1 fan I appreciate this comment :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:53 AM 10-10-2023
I just hope the Broncos rally and win enough games to keep them out of the Caleb sweepstakes. I want them to lose as many games as possible to have that happen. Same for the Raiders.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:00 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I just hope the Broncos rally and win enough games to keep them out of the Caleb sweepstakes. I want them to lose as many games as possible to have that happen. Same for the Raiders.
Even if they do get him, they don't have much else to go along with him. By the time they get enough pieces to compete, they'll have to pay him a mega contract. Provided they don't break him in the meantime ala David Carr of course
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:00 AM 10-10-2023
A broken beer bottle can be dangerous
Don't give it to a toddler(Broncos)
[Reply]
Page 4575 of 4909
« First < 3575407544754525456545714572457345744575 4576457745784579458546254675 > Last »
Up