ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 454 of 469
« First < 354404444450451452453454 455456457458464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
poolboy 04:33 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the lack of heavy investment in free agency is OK. This year.

Is this a team that is a centerpiece or a few big pieces away from being a playoff team?

I don't know that.

Giving what they have a year with a qualified and competent coaching staff, to evaluate the players available, is not an approach that I hate.

I think if Sherman and co. really believed the team was close, they would have kept Moore in place. Canning him and Mamoron and Eldred is a sign they don't believe that, IMO.

Hopefully Sherman is also willing to invest in this young core of players if/when they prove worthy of that big second deal. Keeping them around through their primes while bringing guys along behind them to improve the team.
I liked Rodon last year, plus Greinke signing, along with Brady would go a long way to winning baseball games....Sherman sounds like he wants us to tank again...I just want to win..grab some good players while they are available
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:58 PM 12-14-2022
Since we already know exactly where the DT ball park is going, it’s time to ask another question: how does Sherman explain a no-bid construction contract? Using public funds?

Cause, um, we all know who’s building it too
[Reply]
Mecca 05:38 PM 12-14-2022
Syndergaard to the Dodgers 1 for 13...
[Reply]
tk13 05:46 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's the range we should be looking because we do need some guys to eat innings, but that's a guy I can't ever see coming to KC.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:54 PM 12-14-2022
Saw he turned down higher offers because he wanted to go to LA.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:30 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah they're definitely taking less money for long term security, but a lot of these guys are playing premium positions like SS. Hard to imagine most of these guys are going to be valuable at SS even halfway through some of these contracts.

And I get that payrolls will continue to go up overall, but if someone hits the wall at 35-36 that's still a lot of money you're wasting that could go somewhere else.
No doubt.

Odds are it will be another GM that will be saddled with the albatross that will be the back end of these deals.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:50 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Which you would hope means the team doesn't chase veterans to garner marginal wins (i.e. trying to win 70 instead of 65).
If you were the GM, who is the young player you would aggressively extend?

In the past year, we've seen the Rays extend 20-year-old Wander Franco (11 years, $182 million) and the Braves pay two rookies early with Spencer Strider (6 years, $75 million plus 2029 club option) and Michael Harris (8 years, $72 million).

Vinnie Pasquantino will be age 25 in first full year next season. Even though he's a guy you'd believe in, I'm not sure he would sell his age 31 and 32 seasons of free agency for security. It's a better proposition for the early 20s guys.
[Reply]
myselff77 08:19 PM 12-14-2022
Currently there is nobody in this team I’d extend early while they are under team control. I am hopeful with the coaching changes there will be 2-3 guys worth extending this time next year.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:30 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Since we already know exactly where the DT ball park is going, it’s time to ask another question: how does Sherman explain a no-bid construction contract? Using public funds?

Cause, um, we all know who’s building it too
Where is it going? Not a straw man. Genuinely curious
[Reply]
Mecca 08:38 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Where is it going? Not a straw man. Genuinely curious
East Village or 18th and Vine seem to be the top spots...but without a doubt it'll be land ownedd by Dunn and they'll di construction they're part of the ownership of the team so..
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:52 PM 12-14-2022
East Village or 18th and Vine seem to be the top spots...but without a doubt it'll be land ownedd by Dunn and they'll di construction they're part of the ownership of the team so..
Roger that, thank you. Good ol boys club in action.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:00 PM 12-14-2022
East village. Dunn owns the land and it’s right next to their HQ. The $2B in development contracts will go to him also.

Sherman needed Dunn’s $200M or whatever they put into the group so it’s payback time. IDK the breakdown of the ownership % but that’s the figure I’d guesstimate
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:15 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
East village. Dunn owns the land and it’s right next to their HQ. The $2B in development contracts will go to him also.

Sherman needed Dunn’s $200M or whatever they put into the group so it’s payback time. IDK the breakdown of the ownership % but that’s the figure I’d guesstimate
Thanks for the follow up PB
[Reply]
srvy 09:51 PM 12-14-2022
If reports are true that Sherman wants this built before the next World Cup. That's a pretty tall order and turnover time. The kinda projects that Dunn is known for. Turner or Kissick could do it too. The Architect stated it would cost as much to rehab the K due to the cancer of the concrete. What that is is spalling in the concrete usually due to water damage due to cheap concrete of poor waterproofing. It is a serious concern, see the condo tower in Florida. I believe Dunn was General Contractor at the Truman Sports Complex. Maybe that alone should 86 them. If its poor maintenance that's on Jackson County and the City. It very possibly could be the latter noting how badly the City neglected KCI.
[Reply]
srvy 09:54 PM 12-14-2022
This makes me wonder if Arrowhead has the same problems.
[Reply]
Page 454 of 469
« First < 354404444450451452453454 455456457458464 > Last »
Up