ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 163
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:25 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Oh I'm right there with you. It's his job to think with his head. I did not like either of those decisions.
(Not straw man) what’s your thought then on the moore change. Dest wasn’t happy it seemed being subbed off. I like Dest a lot. He’s not good defensively but he’s a great option on the right
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:31 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
(Not straw man) what’s your thought then on the moore change. Dest wasn’t happy it seemed being subbed off. I like Dest a lot. He’s not good defensively but he’s a great option on the right
I didn't like it at all. Dest was having a very good game imo. Bring on Yedlin if you are worried about the yellow card. I would like to see more of gio and Aaronson but they play in positions of strength for us. I really like their energy. I don't really watch club soccer so I haven't seen much of Ferreira or Vickers but I liked Ferreira from what I saw. I guess it was weak competition though. What are everyone's thoughts on them?

At the end of the day all of the young strikers on this team have had a few chances during qualifying to take hold of the job and nobody did.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:33 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If the US cared as much about soccer as they do football the US would easily be the best in the world year in and year out.
Facts. Imagine if us Americans treated soccer playoffs the way we treat the superbowl
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:35 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Well played overall. Tyler Adams was everywhere and we had a lot of guys creating danger even thought we fell short offensively in decisive moments.

We really need to have a clean game where we take care of business and see what the knock out stage has for us.

I have serious concerns that McKennie’s injuries are limiting him.

Tyler is covering up Zimmerman’s flaws and I’ll say it again, he’s the only MLS player on this roster whose on the starting 11 and it’s not a good thing. I’ve said it time and time again, and now our commentators are saying the same shit. For the 2026 cup he needs to be replaced.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:39 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I didn't like it at all. Dest was having a very good game imo. Bring on Yedlin if you are worried about the yellow card. I would like to see more of gio and Aaronson but they play in positions of strength for us. I really like their energy. I don't really watch club soccer so I haven't seen much of Ferreira or Vickers but I liked Ferreira from what I saw. I guess it was weak competition though. What are everyone's thoughts on them?

At the end of the day all of the young strikers on this team have had a few chances during qualifying to take hold of the job and nobody did.
Get out of my head!!! Lol

Idk who vickers id (Sargent maybe thanks to Siri????) but yes I agree

Why do we see this but berhalter doesn’t?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:40 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I don’t think Dest or yedlin had a card.

Conspiracy theory: both matches GB made a baffling change for an MLS player. Everyone in the world knows we have better players either in the bench or on the pitch. But he dubs in an MLS player. Gsme 1: morris. The 2: moore.

I don’t disparage either player. Their number was called and they played. I disparage GB.
I brought that up earlier too. I agree with others the team is mostly well built but you still have head scratchers like this that just make it so hard to ignore. There isn’t a good explanation for why aaronson and Reyna are being treated like Ronald jones.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:43 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Tyler is covering up Zimmerman’s flaws and I’ll say it again, he’s the only MLS player on this roster whose on the starting 11 and it’s not a good thing. I’ve said it time and time again, and now our commentators are saying the same shit. For the 2026 cup he needs to be replaced.
I agree with this too. Tyler might be one of the best 6’s in the world. He’s so good. If there’s ever a “sweeper midfielder” which there isn’t, Tyler Adams is it. He quietly saved 2 goals tonight.

Better than Pogba IMHO.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:43 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So you morons saw them pass 1000x to shoot twice on goal?

Wake the F up. Why are you doing this to yourself?

YOU HAVE PAT MAHOMES PLAYING QB FOR YOU EVERY SUNDAY
I understand that set pieces, break always, through balls, in and outs fly over your head, because again, you don’t understand the game.

Oh and it’s ok to love and rooot for mahomes and the chiefs while also rooting for our country to beat all these bitch ass European teams who talk shit about us for 4 years straight between every World Cup.

America #1 sweetheart
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:44 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I understand that set pieces, break always, through balls, in and outs fly over your head, because again, you don’t understand the game.

Oh and it’s ok to love and rooot for mahomes and the chiefs while also rooting for our country to beat all these bitch ass European teams who talk shit about us for 4 years straight between every World Cup.

America #1 sweetheart
Shut up you woke cupcake
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I brought that up earlier too. I agree with others the team is mostly well built but you still have head scratchers like this that just make it so hard to ignore. There isn’t a good explanation for why aaronson and Reyna are being treated like Ronald jones.
Lol at Ronald jones

Make it make sense. Reyna makes plays for Borussia Dortmund. A too club.

He can’t get clock because: Jordan morris??

I don’t hate on Jordan morris. But is he REALLY the best option over an attacking midfielder in Germany who gets clock at 19 years old??? The Fuck outta here
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:44 AM 11-26-2022
The world is so lucky that most Americans don't care about soccer and that it is our 4th or 5th most popular sport. If soccer was number 1 here, then we'd be as dominant as our men's basketball team in internal play. 16 golds, 1 silver, and 2 bronze in 19 appearances.

Look at our USWNT as well. They are the most successful women's national team in the world. Won the 1st world cup in 91, then again in 95, 2015, 2019. Their first loss was in the 1995 in the semifinal and got 3rd that year. They were third in 2003 and 2007 and 2nd in 2011. They have a record of 40 wins 4 losses and 6 draws. They've scored 138 goals and have only allowed 38.

So yeah if we didn't have the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. Hell just take out one of the NFL or MLB and we would kick the world's ass in soccer as well.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:48 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The world is so lucky that most Americans don't care about soccer and that it is our 4th or 5th most popular sport. If soccer was number 1 here, then we'd be as dominant as our men's basketball team in internal play. 16 golds, 1 silver, and 2 bronze in 19 appearances.

Look at our USWNT as well. They are the most successful women's national team in the world. Won the 1st world cup in 91, then again in 95, 2015, 2019. Their first loss was in the 1995 in the semifinal and got 3rd that year. They were third in 2003 and 2007 and 2nd in 2011. They have a record of 40 wins 4 losses and 6 draws. They've scored 138 goals and have only allowed 38.

So yeah if we didn't have the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. Hell just take out one of the NFL or MLB and we would kick the world's ass in soccer as well.
Imagine if Lebron was our goalie.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:10 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Imagine if Lebron was our goalie.
Could you imagine the domination?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:23 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Could you imagine the domination?
The Lebron today or from years past?
[Reply]