Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:22 PM 10-22-2022
Your uniforms are awful
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:28 PM 10-22-2022
Fire Drink
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:52 PM 10-22-2022
Drinkwitz simply has to fix the QB position. I don’t blame him for slow-playing it with Horn (who didn’t come for spring football). But he had better get it right next year.

Cook is just incredibly limited. We are seeing why he stuck with Bazelak last year, even when he was damaged.

Me, I’d give Macon some snaps and see if running more of an option oriented offense can make some things happen. But I really don’t think it would.

His career at Mizzou is going to hinge on whether a Soph Horn or a true Frosh Damarri Johnson can finally give Mizzou good QB play under Drinkwitz.

With good QB play, there’s a lot to like about this team.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:56 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

With good QB play, there’s a lot to like about this team.
I think you have rose colored glasses on if you think a team regressing for 2 seasons in a row under a 3rd year HC has a lot to like about it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:23 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think you have rose colored glasses on if you think a team regressing for 2 seasons in a row under a 3rd year HC has a lot to like about it.
Correct. This program is fucked.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:52 PM 10-22-2022
The D is the best it's been in a long time and we have a ton of weapons at skill positions, but we cannot utilize those players, because our stupid fucking idiot HC can't pull the worst QB this school has had in 20+ years.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:54 PM 10-22-2022
Barry Odom teams were undisciplined. They took bad penalties at inopportune times. Drinkwitz teams are stupid.

I still can't get over that kickoff blunder. That's covered in junior high football. On top of that, the 3rd and 6 bomb with an inaccurate QB to an undersized WR, not giving Burden a single touch in the second half, and pulling a red hot Schrader for Peat, who had 0.7 YPC and immediately fumbled.

I've never seen a worse coached game where the defense only gave up seven points. That was impossibly bad.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:05 PM 10-22-2022

Things I like:

Drastically improved athleticism and depth on defense. Each level is better. The defense has made major strides from what he inherited and especially from last season.

Better athleticism and ability at the WR spots. Burden and Lovett lead this group.

Look, I’m not saying it’s peachy. He has to get QB right and has yet to do that. In college, you can improve everywhere but if the QB isn’t right, it doesn’t matter.

Insert even average-level major conference QB play, and this team is 6-1 with a upset of the defending national champ on its resume. And the narrative is very different.

He’d better get it right next year. I’m not sure he can survive it if he doesn’t.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:48 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The D is the best it's been in a long time and we have a ton of weapons at skill positions, but we cannot utilize those players, because our stupid ****ing idiot HC can't pull the worst QB this school has had in 20+ years.
Just because the defense was a garbage fire last year and it's better doesn't mean it's better than Odom's. The 2019 team had a lower PPG against than this year's team. 2018's defense was slightly worse than this year's.

Odom probably needed to go because I am not sure he had that high of a ceiling with how his recruiting went (especially missing on in-state guys near the end), I'd argue he showed some sort of trajectory years 1-3 unlike Drinkwitz before falling back to 6-6.

I don't think there's many guys on Mizzou's offense, currently, that would start at many other SEC schools right now.

Drinkwitz is an offensive guy. The fact that he can't develop a QB or have a semi-competent offense is a major indictment against him.

Things I like:

Drastically improved athleticism and depth on defense. Each level is better. The defense has made major strides from what he inherited and especially from last season.

Better athleticism and ability at the WR spots. Burden and Lovett lead this group.

Look, I’m not saying it’s peachy. He has to get QB right and has yet to do that. In college, you can improve everywhere but if the QB isn’t right, it doesn’t matter.

Insert even average-level major conference QB play, and this team is 6-1 with a upset of the defending national champ on its resume. And the narrative is very different.

He’d better get it right next year. I’m not sure he can survive it if he doesn’t.
Shane Beamer won 7 games last year with a grad assistant playing QB. Spencer Rattler is absolute dog shit, but their defense + run game is improving. South Carolina at least has some sort of pulse to show they're going the right direction with wins to show with that.

Saying "Mizzou would be 6-1 with average-level major conference QB play" is a stretch. Yes, more times than not, not all teams would lose the 3 games they did by 1 possession. However, they lost them.

They utterly collapsed vs Georgia offensively. Auburn was also playing dog shit with QB, as was Florida.

I see maybe 2 wins (max) left on their schedule. Do you think Drinkwitz can develop the guys he brought in? Because I sure as hell don't think he can.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:50 PM 10-22-2022
You move on from this shit
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:02 PM 10-22-2022
Things I like:

Told you a few years ago should have hired Heupel
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:08 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
This has to be the absolute worst offense a Mizzou team has ever fielded.

Cook is awful at quarterbacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:10 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cook is awful at quarterbacking.

Drinkwitz is awful at coaching. They're not mutually exclusive.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Told you a few years ago should have hired Heupel

Typical Mizzou move to choose the wrong candidate.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Typical Mizzou move to choose the wrong candidate.

Yes the first was Odom over Rhule albeit Rhule doesn't stay long for the NFL still leaves the program in a better place
[Reply]
Page 45 of 109
« First < 354142434445 464748495595 > Last »
Up