ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 71
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:49 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
https://mutigers.com/news/2023/3/10/...nis-gates.aspx

COLUMBIA, Mo. – The University of Missouri Board of Curators voted unanimously Thursday to approve a contract extension through the 2028-29 season for Whitten Family Men's Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates.

"When he came here, Dennis Gates talked about building a championship culture, and he is doing just that," said Michael Williams, chair of the Board of Curators. "He is an individual with high standards and a clear vision for our student athletes. It has been an exceptional season, and the Board is very excited to witness our program build on this success."

Gates, whose original contract ran through the 2027-28 season, will see his annual salary increase to $4 million in 2023-24, with $100,000 increases each season through the life of the amended agreement. All other terms of his original contract remain the same.
Lol. Beat me to it
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:26 PM 03-10-2023
I didn't realize how trash of a team Arky is. Arky Fan was talking a METRIC TON of **** just a bit ago about their coach, "NBA" players, players stolen FROM Mizzou, etc. WTF happened?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:35 PM 03-10-2023
$25.5M BUYOUT! Wow. Kudos to the AD and rest of the Admin for moving fast. He deserved it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:09 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I didn't realize how trash of a team Arky is. Arky Fan was talking a METRIC TON of **** just a bit ago about their coach, "NBA" players, players stolen FROM Mizzou, etc. WTF happened?
Arkansas fan is worse than KU fan. Those fucks haven't won anything, but act like they are the creme de la creme.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:17 PM 03-10-2023
Our new AD killed that hire.
I would like to see what she could do with a football hire. She’s earned it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:44 PM 03-10-2023
Kudos to Missouri. I don't know how you are doing it. When you played Kansas I thought that was the worst team we played all year. I still think your coach is smoke and mirrors though since he is a terrible defensive coach. Gimmicks only get you so far but I could see Missouri being like Iowa and Fran McCaffrey level coaching. Just enough to be relevant, which Im sure is a win for Mizzou fan
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:54 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kudos to Missouri. I don't know how you are doing it. When you played Kansas I thought that was the worst team we played all year. I still think your coach is smoke and mirrors though since he is a terrible defensive coach. Gimmicks only get you so far but I could see Missouri being like Iowa and Fran McCaffrey level coaching. Just enough to be relevant, which Im sure is a win for Mizzou fan
Jesus, you're such a bad troll. "I still think your coach is smoke and mirrors though since he is a terrible defensive coach" has to be the worst attempt at trolling I've ever seen.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:07 AM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Jesus, you're such a bad troll. "I still think your coach is smoke and mirrors though since he is a terrible defensive coach" has to be the worst attempt at trolling I've ever seen.
You aren't a bit worried that your coach can't teach defense? They are going to be the worst defensive at-large bid team based on defensive efficiency per Kenpom and Torvik...by alot.

When do you think the last time the #188th best defense in the country has made a Final Four. In fact, I doubt it's ever happened. I cant even find a team that has made the Final Four with a defense over 100. And you guys have an old ass team. It's a reasonable excuse if you have a young squad but you have like 6th year Covid seniors. Fran McCaffrey is the comp for Gates. Thats the ceiling.

Good coaches could get 5 NAIA players and make their teams Top 100 defenses. They do it year after year after year. It matters.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:12 AM 03-11-2023
"Mizzou had a good day. I really need to go shit all over their coach."
[Reply]
BWillie 01:21 AM 03-11-2023
"Mizzou had a good day. I really need to go shit all over their coach."
I think he should hire a defensive consultant. Since he has no fucking clue defensively what to tell his players. It worked for Baylor. Baylor suddenly became much better defensively when Tang was given more duties. Now suddenly Baylors defense has fallen off the face of a cliff.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:53 AM 03-11-2023
I think he should hire a defensive consultant. Since he has no ****ing clue defensively what to tell his players. It worked for Baylor. Baylor suddenly became much better defensively when Tang was given more duties. Now suddenly Baylors defense has fallen off the face of a cliff.
They're fine defensively. Don't care what some dumb shit advanced stats you wanna throw out. I can see with my eyes that they are adequate defensively and get teams deep into the shot clock. They also lead NCAA in steals with 325 and are 2nd in steals per game with 10.5. They're 7th in turnovers forced per game with 17.32.

Some of the shit I see the opponents making is just ridiculous. This teams defensive isn't near as bad as KimPop would have you believe. You just have to watch them play.

The one thing that would help them tremendously is if they just got a bit better at rebound. They are currently 349/352 in rebound margin. Mizzou gets 30.5 rebounds per game and there opponents avg 37.3 rebounds per game. They have gotten better towards the end of the season outside of a 3 game stretch where we played A&M, Auburn, Tennessee.

Missouri rebounds/Opponent rebounds

Tennessee 28/33
Ole Miss 26/29
LSU 29/33
Georgia 28/28
Miss St. 38/41
Texas A&M 23/41 this was bad bad bad
Auburn 26/48 even worse than above
Tennessee 24/37
South Carolina 28/28
Miss St 35/36
LSU 32/38
Iowa State 25/38 still beat that ass
Ole Miss 27/36
Alabama 45/53 no Kobe Brown
Arkansas 23/42
Florida 33/34
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:34 AM 03-11-2023
I can't wait to see the Gheyhawks get bounced by a mid major in the tournament.....again. Maybe I will go in the KU thread and troll those douchebags after that. Gheyhawk fans are the worst. Coming into the MU thread to troll after a win??? Fuck off prick!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:25 AM 03-11-2023
I think he should hire a defensive consultant. Since he has no ****ing clue defensively what to tell his players. It worked for Baylor. Baylor suddenly became much better defensively when Tang was given more duties. Now suddenly Baylors defense has fallen off the face of a cliff.
Self should probably hire a better legal team to be able to coach a full season again. Between the suspension and the stress of all of the FBI probe stuff, you’ll be lucky to have a living coach in a couple seasons. I suppose Kansas knew what they were doing when they signed him to a “lifetime” contract after dumping all the bad karma on him from that recruiting mess.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:32 AM 03-11-2023
Ncaa swept that shit under the rug bro. That slap on the wrist did nothing. Anything short of a program death sentence (which was deserved) is nothing. See dumbass beaker...that's how it's done.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:59 AM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I can't wait to see the Gheyhawks get bounced by a mid major in the tournament.....again. Maybe I will go in the KU thread and troll those douchebags after that. Gheyhawk fans are the worst. Coming into the MU thread to troll after a win??? Fuck off prick!
It's a weird dynamic around here given the Chiefs have won two SBs.

If random Bengals fan comes around and says "can't wait to beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG again next year!" ....we all laugh at him, because even if that does happen, it's 100% don't care, won SB.

Yet, this trash talk is far weaker given it's theorizing on a 3rd party team and there's just no logic in trash talking a fan base who experienced a NC last season. Just like you know how the Chiefs losing in the divisional round next year wouldn't matter at all, KU could lose in the first weekend this year and it doesn't matter at all.

Yet.. you're still under the delusion of getting under people's skin, when we'll just laugh at you, just as we did with random Bengals fan.

You do you though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 45 of 71
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up