ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations
TEX 09:41 AM 07-26-2021
Maybe this belongs in the Denver Broncos Mega Thread, but sometimes things get lost there...Regardless, the end is near...

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...ing-operations
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:11 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's why not drafting Fields was criminal. Your next QB is probably Jimmy G.
Yeah...the problem with drafting Fields is next year there will most likely be a new owner, new coach, and so on...and Patton probably...probably didn't want to have the new coach tied to a previous QB, but that's speculation by the local media.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:12 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Oskie:
I don't agree with Garcia on... much of anything, really. But this is spot on correct. D will be gassed every game because our offense can't stay on the field because our quarterback situation is so ****ing dire.

Lock and Teddy... and right now they're co-starters on the depth chart. Dereliction of duty, completely avoidable.

They'll be juuuuuuust good enough to win a few games down the stretch and end up 5-12, and Paton will talk himself into them "moving in the right direction," keep Vic Fangio (who sucks real bad), and not draft a QB. Again.

SB 50 feels like a million years ago.
What? We agree a bunch if you are who I think you are, A.
[Reply]
BroncoBuff 10:42 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Snitches get stitches around here Bronco fluffer. Please don't stick around.
You have GOT to be kidding ... :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:39 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Yeah...the problem with drafting Fields is next year there will most likely be a new owner, new coach, and so on...and Patton probably...probably didn't want to have the new coach tied to a previous QB, but that's speculation by the local media.

I get that, but what a gift it would be to have a solid young QB in place for the new HC.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:18 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Broncosplanet.com, but your site sounds better.
Just have it forward to broncossuck.com. Much like ChiefsPlanet/bb will forward to whatever it needs to be.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
According to my Broncos homer friends, they think that the D looks bad because the O can't stay on the field.

There's some truth to it, to be fair, but I still find it hard to believe that a better O would suddenly turn that D into a top 5/10 type of group.
As a guy who’s been a fan of a team that hung it’s hat in defense, it’s really hard to put up a consistent D.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:26 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
it’s really hard to put up a consistent D.
They've got pills for that now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:31 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Deal is purgatory is their ceiling. Lots of suckage along the way. They're 6 years in already. Tried telling Mania this would not be a quick fix. Many years years to go. Hope they enjoy! :-)
Six years really is not a lot of time really. Things are moving forward.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:25 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
As a guy who’s been a fan of a team that hung it’s hat in defense, it’s really hard to put up a consistent D.
There are so many cogs that have to be moving in sync to have an elite defense that only a couple going down can cause it to break apart fast.

I think about the Steelers this year, who's defense went from "#1" to "Top 10" after two serious injuries in Weeks 11-12 to completely breaking apart in the playoffs. Same with our Defense in 2013. Flowers and Houston going down in that game was as big of a factor to that blown lead as anything else in that collapse.

Compare that to an offense, where an elite quarterback alone is much more of a force to create a successful team than any single cog on defense.
[Reply]
Holladay 01:36 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by :
Six years really is not a lot of time really. Things are moving forward.
Time is relevant. In 6 yrs, Patty will be 31 yro. 25 now, 31 then...in 6 years?

"Not really a lot of time"?

At least you have optimism. We have been in FB hell since '72. Got our hopes up in the late '90's (nope not 6 yrs). Again, I lost some of mine when DT died in a car accident.

Elway as QB during the late '90s, epic fail, though you did make it to the SBs. Then Terrell + Elway = SB. Nice. Elway couldn't do the job without him. Thou what QB can do it all. Then crickets. Then Manning (gift) SB in 2016. Crickets for the next +5 yrs.

Now you are moving forward:-) With your management, and an overrated QB as your GM....been there done that. Enjoy FB hell.

Sundays will be a waste of your time. Unless you can record the game and watch it at your leisure during the week (prolly not because you will know the score and not bother to watch the game). Sundays should be spent BBQ or mowing the lawn...time well spent.

Spoken from experience. I love "rose tinted glasses" for 50 years.

Over the years, I do appreciate your takes. Keep 'em coming. I like to watch writhing.

Been there, done that.

Oops, forgot to mention, what thread is this on? Oh yea, "The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations". Just curious, when did that site start? Dead now though, right?

You understand the history of the Planet? Just looked, you came over from the Star board in Aug 2000, a month before I did. No comment.

cough, cough, bandwagon fans
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:05 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:

At least you have optimism. We have been in FB hell since '72. Got our hopes up in the late '90's (nope not 6 yrs). Again, I lost some of mine when DT died in a car accident.

Elway as QB during the late '90s, epic fail, though you did make it to the SBs. Then Terrell + Elway = SB. Nice. Elway couldn't do the job without him. Thou what QB can do it all. Then crickets. Then Manning (gift) SB in 2016. Crickets for the next +5 yrs.

Now you are moving forward:-) With your management, and an overrated QB as your GM....been there done that. Enjoy FB hell.

Sundays will be a waste of your time. Unless you can record the game and watch it at your leisure during the week (prolly not because you will know the score and not bother to watch the game). Sundays should be spent BBQ or mowing the lawn...time well spent.

Over the years, I do appreciate your takes. Keep 'em coming. I like to watch writhing.

Been there, done that.

Oops, forgot to mention, what thread is this on? Oh yea, "The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations". Just curious, when did that site start? Dead now though, right?

You understand the history of the Planet? Just looked, you came over from the Star board in Aug 2000, a month before I did. No comment.

Now it's time for Patrick's to accrue SB titles, because 25 years old is the same age Montana started winning his
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:15 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:

Been there, done that.

Not sure where to start really… you lost me at Elway and epic fail in the 90s.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:31 AM 08-15-2021
One of the funniest “flexes” I saw on the Mane was their bragging about the number of talented QBs who supposedly wanted to play there in recent years. Romo, Stafford, Rodgers, etc. And if you factor in all the solid QBs they’ve passed on in the draft, you have a list of about 20 over the last 6 years. They’ve defied all odds by eluding a decent QB.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:37 AM 08-15-2021
As Royals fans, we know how long six years feels when you’ve hit rock bottom since. In fact, the Royals and Broncos have followed very similar paths since their titles in 2015. 2915 feels like a looooong time ago.
[Reply]
TLO 10:00 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As Royals fans, we know how long six years feels when you’ve hit rock bottom since. In fact, the Royals and Broncos have followed very similar paths since their titles in 2015. 2915 feels like a looooong time ago.
2915 was a good year
[Reply]
tredadda 10:26 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
2915 was a good year
The best year ever
[Reply]
Page 45 of 46
« First < 354142434445 46 >
Up