ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 72
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:28 PM 11-08-2021
Never go full Petard.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:28 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I wish Pat would just swim downstream when possible. This account of his decision-making yesterday shows otherwise.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kc-chiefs...193011629.html
Thanks for sharing. Andy backs his QB and I agree with them you have to take your shots.

Originally Posted by :
But it’s one he still believes is worth taking — and so does his coach, by the way. On Monday, Andy Reid backed the decision to try to hit Hardman on a play that likely would’ve carried him into the end zone — even if that option meant having to swallow the fact that a wide-open Kelce would be stranded.

“He knows there are a handful of games in the game plan (that) if I call them, he’s got the freedom to shoot if he can get guys (in) 1-on-1 type situations,” Reid said of Mahomes. “Mecole, he had a pretty good opportunity to go grab it. (Mahomes) felt like that was a viable throw. I’m OK with that.

“If you complete it, great. You’ve got to try, or you’re never going to complete it — within realism on that. You’ve got a realistic view of it, and that’s what he felt he had. I’m OK with that.”

[Reply]
petegz28 04:32 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thanks for sharing. Andy backs his QB and I agree with them you have to take your shots.
He forced the ball for the sake of forcing it. Andy isn't going to bag on him publicly but when your offense has been a complete shit show I would think taking an easy 15-20 yard gain and keeping the chains moving would be the decision you would go with.

Teams have played to take away the deep threat and it's like we are just determined to show them they can't. Except they are and we aren't.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:34 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Here's one. Go ahead. Count 'em. I haven't even watched this video but im willing to bet most of the throws are from the pocket.

I counted 13 between the tackles, some not really in the pocket but not rolling out.

12 that were full on scrambling.

So I would say about 50/50 really.

Incredible throws from everywhere is what he does. But yes he can throw just fine from the pocket.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:37 PM 11-08-2021
Patrick, not Andy.

I know it's 3rd-long, but you're up 2 scores in the 4th Q. Take your checkdown (the 4x1 formation actually messes up the coverage responsibilities, and the checkdown flat will probably convert the first anyway). pic.twitter.com/45UzPIFOFz

— Josh Cohen (@JCohen_NFL) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
petegz28 04:47 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Patrick, not Andy.

On the first one Kelce is still running if he throws it to him. Never mind Hardman was double covered from the start.

On the 2nd, the TE leaks out late and probably converts as he was left with a lot of green in front of him.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:51 PM 11-08-2021
So a person in that tweet made a good point Both Hill and Hardman are stopping on their routes because they don't expect to get the ball when double covered.

They should keep running but that also says Patrick should be going elsewhere too....
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:51 PM 11-08-2021
On that first video (and I’m not privy to the options on that route), if Hardman just keeps sprinting, that’s 6.

Yes the middle was open, and it would have been a nice pickup, but holy fuck I had no idea it was due to Hardman’s slowing down.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:52 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
On that first video (and I’m not privy to the options on that route), if Hardman just keeps sprinting, that’s 6.

Yes the middle was open, and it would have been a nice pickup, but holy **** I had no idea it was due to Hardman’s slowing down.
Remember when Hardman did that as a rookie out of camp and we all knew he'd learn to keep sprinting with Mahomes?

Yeah.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:54 PM 11-08-2021
Those two plays are really frustrating. Easy first downs both times.

Not sure if the route is for Hardman to keep sprinting to the corner, but yeah that would have been nice too.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:54 PM 11-08-2021

Yes the middle was open, and it would have been a nice pickup, but holy **** I had no idea it was due to Hardman’s slowing down.
Hardman was double covered and probably thought there was no way he was getting the ball. Both him and Patrick are to blame there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:54 PM 11-08-2021

Yes the middle was open, and it would have been a nice pickup, but holy fuck I had no idea it was due to Hardman’s slowing down.
There were already 2 guys on Hardman and 3rd closing.

It was a bad decision by the QB. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:54 PM 11-08-2021
Why would a wide receiver ever give up on a play when Backyard Football Patrick is the QB?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:55 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Those two plays are really frustrating. Easy first downs both times.
The 2nd one is the more frustrating. The deep ball to Hardmand I believe was on 1st down.

The 2nd one was on 3rd and long in your own end. He has to hit that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:56 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Oh I agree they can go away and I hope they do and think they will. But when I see him saying things like hits are taking him out of his rhythm or he just had to give the deep ball a chance it starts getting worrisome.

He had an incredible 3 years because he made throws no one else could, I agree. Teams have shut that down now. They aren't letting him run all over and sling the ball 50 yards downfield to elite speed receivers.

They are forcing him to play more ball control and thus far he hasn't been up to the challenge.
But when we did this short stuff....
Mecole got saved by the reps from a dipshit fumble
Two third down drops
Mecole almost lost a first down because of a dumbass shove at the end
Gordon doinked a first down off his hands

These are the types of mistakes that lost us games the first few weeks even when mahomes was up for the challenge and doing well playing this style of offense. This approach requires the supporting cast to not make mistakes and I don't think mahomes trusts them at all right now.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 72
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up