ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 185
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 05-06-2022
Strahan, Watt, Gastineau, White, DeMarcus Ware and Quinn.

So 6 guys in league history. Pretty remarkable company to keep.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:36 AM 05-06-2022
Really like the Trey Hendrickson comp. Trey is more athletic (other than lateral agility) than Karlaftis but he was also pretty weak. He took a few years to develop.

Hoping George can be an impact player this year. Joe Cullen could really help him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Depends if Chicago wants to move him or not. THey should, but with dealing Mack I'm guessing they won't.

Man, he'd be such a nice fit though. Add him and Ingram (if you could make the money work) and you'd be cooking pretty nice up front.
I think they'd like to give Trevis Gipson a free hand to see what he can do out there, but I also think moving Mack opens that spot up pretty well for them.

They grabbed Muhammed out of Indy when Eberflus came over so he may want to give 'his' guy more playing time and that could convince them that Quinn is expendable. But they don't have a ton behind him. Attaouchu (who may well be cut and could also be a nice fit here) and Mario Edwards. They drafted Dominique Robertson but surely he's just a developmental depth piece for right now.

I mean they COULD move Quinn and have a Muhammed/Attaochu/Edwards rotation on the other side of Gipson. But if Gipson isn't who they hoped he would be, they could be in real trouble at that point.

I would think Attaouchu is the most likely candidate to be on the move.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:58 AM 05-06-2022
I exchanged some messages with a Bears reporter I trust, who is pretty plugged in. He doesn't think they move Quinn before the season. Will try to trade him in-season when a team is motivated to pay a little more for the "missing piece."

But yeah, I would like that fit a lot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:03 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I exchanged some messages with a Bears reporter I trust, who is pretty plugged in. He doesn't think they move Quinn before the season. Will try to trade him in-season when a team is motivated to pay a little more for the "missing piece."

But yeah, I would like that fit a lot.
That pass a sniff test to you?

When have teams shown any eagerness to trade for an in-season player who wasn't around during training camp, isn't familiar with the scheme, could interrupt chemistry on the fly?

Obviously Ingram was mid-season but the Chiefs didn't give up anything of note to bring him in and his cap number was deminimis.

It just seems unlikely that his value would go up. And frankly there's the injury risk AND the fact that they're flipping to a 4-3 this year and he simply may not be as good there (obviously if we acquired him we hope he would be, but he's not duplicating what he did last season either way).

Seems like that's organizational smoke to me. If they're willing to deal him, I think they recognize that they're unlikely to get any more for him in-season than they would now. And with less risk involved in dealing him sooner.

I mean I don't doubt that's what the Bears may be putting out there - but it just doesn't make sense to me. This isn't MLB - teams don't go crazy at the deadline.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

When have teams shown any eagerness to trade for an in-season player who wasn't around during training camp, isn't familiar with the scheme, could interrupt chemistry on the fly?

Obviously Ingram was mid-season but the Chiefs didn't give up anything of note to bring him in and his cap number was deminimis.

It just seems unlikely that his value would go up. And frankly there's the injury risk AND the fact that they're flipping to a 4-3 this year and he simply may not be as good there (obviously if we acquired him we hope he would be, but he's not duplicating what he did last season either way).

Seems like that's organizational smoke to me. If they're willing to deal him, I think they recognize that they're unlikely to get any more for him in-season than they would now. And with less risk involved in dealing him sooner.

I mean I don't doubt that's what the Bears may be putting out there - but it just doesn't make sense to me. This isn't MLB - teams don't go crazy at the deadline.
And Ingram was someone who they brought in for a visit….so they already knew how he’d fit and had a chance to talk to him.

I could see a Quinn trade before training camp and after an OBJ extension.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 05-06-2022
Signed

Kansas City reached agreement with first-round pick George Karlaftis - the No. 30 overall selection - on a four-year, fully-guaranteed contract, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 6, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And Ingram was someone who they brought in for a visit….so they already knew how he’d fit and had a chance to talk to him.

My thoughts exactly.

The deadline for extensions on Franchise players comes sometime in July, IIRC. So it'll get done by then or not at all. And if/when that gets knocked out, that's when I could see us focusing some attention on a deal for Quinn.

I makes sooooooo much sense. It makes enough sense, in fact, that I almost wonder if Veach doesn't have a deal set up in principle with Poles. I just cannot understand how little attention has gone to the DL that Veach insisted was a 'priority' going into the offseason.

1 guy. We've added 1 guy. Well I guess 2 if you count Stallworth. But when has Veach ever honed in on a position group and then not AGGRESSIVELY attacked it?

This just isn't like him at all. He has another card to play and a Quinn trade on the heels of clearing cap space through an OBJ long-term deal makes too much sense to not get done.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:43 PM 05-06-2022

It might be. But the Super Bowl winners just did exactly what we're talking about with Von Miller. They gave a lot for him. I could understand an organization trying to ape that approach. Especially with an established vet like Quinn who conceivably would fit in quickly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:51 PM 05-06-2022
My thoughts exactly.

The deadline for extensions on Franchise players comes sometime in July, IIRC. So it'll get done by then or not at all. And if/when that gets knocked out, that's when I could see us focusing some attention on a deal for Quinn.

I makes sooooooo much sense. It makes enough sense, in fact, that I almost wonder if Veach doesn't have a deal set up in principle with Poles. I just cannot understand how little attention has gone to the DL that Veach insisted was a 'priority' going into the offseason.

1 guy. We've added 1 guy. Well I guess 2 if you count Stallworth. But when has Veach ever honed in on a position group and then not AGGRESSIVELY attacked it?

This just isn't like him at all. He has another card to play and a Quinn trade on the heels of clearing cap space through an OBJ long-term deal makes too much sense to not get done.
Yep and I honestly think it could have happened during the draft if Karlaftis didn’t fall to them.

And if the OBJ deal gets done…then I’m all for sending a pick for Quinn to play opposite of Karlaftis.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 01:31 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Chiefs don't need an OBJ extension. They could sign anyone by restructuring Mahomes (up to $21 million). With $14m in cap room now, they could create $39m in cap room WITHOUT an OBJ extension.

Chiefs can pounce on ANY post draft opportunity more than any team in the league. Their $14.3 in cap room is currently 3rd in the NFL. A Mahomes restructure plus an OBJ extension would let them go to town.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:45 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Signed

Wow, fully guaranteed. You don't hear that very often.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:47 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Last 2 drafts the top 24 picks were fully guaranteed
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
A big pool and stock options in Oikos or Chaboni must've been included
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:45 PM 05-06-2022

Chiefs first round pick George Karlaftis didn't know that Kansas City was the BBQ capital of the world. He knows now.
"This is my type of place. It was meant to be." -@TheGK3 #ChiefsKingdom @KCTV5 pic.twitter.com/8muZT6ARfh

— Jared Koller (@JaredKCTV5) May 6, 2022

[Reply]
Page 45 of 185
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up