Page 45 of 54
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
listopencil 01:28 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Such a silly line for them to have thrown in knowing damn well neither of them dies.
There were a lot of really, really annoying points in the series. Like Obi-Wan and Leia fleeing in that ship where they look around like "Oh no, these people must not die!' when it's a ship full of characters that no one gives a flying fuck about and we all know that the only two important people on it will survive. Or Reva bum rushing Owen and Beru to kill Luke when we all know that it's a big nothingburger. I actually did like Reva's arc well enough. Redemption arcs are baked into the mythos. They are just part of this universe so you might as well get used to it.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:31 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Kenobi not killing him is dumb. And it took me out. Same with Reva. I thought she was going there to fuck with Obi-Wan. Nope. Just went there to be…evil? What?

Gripes aside, and they’re big gripes, I really enjoyed the episode. Little Leia I thought was excellent. Maybe it’s because my daughter is 8(even though she’s nothin like this character), that makes me a captive audience, but I thought her stuff was compelling. As bad as it was early, it was good at the end.

Fight was awesome. That’s why I’m here. Fuck yeah.

McGregor remains the shining performance in everything post 1983. And per usual he was let down by garbage writing.

Leia is supposed to be 10. A well educated, highly intelligent, force sensitive 10 year old. I thought the character sucked.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 06-23-2022
man, can anyone find that old fake episode III script? i remember loving reading that back in the day
[Reply]
listopencil 02:01 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
man, can anyone find that old fake episode III script? i remember loving reading that back in the day
https://www.somethingawful.com/comed...real-leaked/1/

?
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:15 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Leia is supposed to be 10. A well educated, highly intelligent, force sensitive 10 year old. I thought the character sucked.
Meh. I’m not going to Stan for her or anything but I thought it worked. At the end anyway. Early on I thought it blew.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
https://www.somethingawful.com/comed...real-leaked/1/

?
:-) not that trash

i remember something about obi wan and vader fighting in a factory
[Reply]
listopencil 02:42 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Meh. I’m not going to Stan for her or anything but I thought it worked. At the end anyway. Early on I thought it blew.
I think she did better towards the end of the season and the dialogue written for her was better as well. I'm just disappointed that it wasn't handled better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:43 PM 06-23-2022
be still my blessed nerdling heart

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 06-23-2022
oh my heart

- His Wife put the mask on him
- His Master took half the mask off
- His Padawan took the other half of his mask off.
- His Son took his Mask off for good and gave him peace.

— GodfatherPirate (@peak_sw) June 23, 2022

[Reply]
notorious 04:16 PM 06-23-2022
Damn good finale.

Fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:36 PM 06-23-2022
Was it as good as Rogue One? Hell no.

Was it as bad as The Last Jedi? Hell no.

Did I enjoy watching Obi-Wan and Vader beat on each other? Hell yes.

I was entertained. I wasn't blown away, but I enjoyed it. It dragged in parts, and other parts it paid off.
[Reply]
notorious 04:51 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Was it as good as Rogue One? Hell no.

Was it as bad as The Last Jedi? Hell no.

Did I enjoy watching Obi-Wan and Vader beat on each other? Hell yes.

I was entertained. I wasn't blown away, but I enjoyed it. It dragged in parts, and other parts it paid off.
Obi-Wan kicked Vader's ass.
[Reply]
Fish 05:03 PM 06-23-2022
The origin of Vader's head scar was an interesting touch.
[Reply]
notorious 05:08 PM 06-23-2022
They are talking about another season?

Fuck no. That's as wrapped as a story can get.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:31 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The origin of Vader's head scar was an interesting touch.
I don't think that's where he got it. Wasn't it already there during ROTS?
[Reply]
Page 45 of 54
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Up