ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 446 of 469
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
blake5676 11:13 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dayton would never trade him, but the Shermdog will allow it.
Dayton reworking his first deal to give him more $$ was supposed to buy some goodwill with other players and show we reward those that buy into the family. Horseshit in reality but I understand it and liked Salvy enough that it didn't really bother me. I'll never understand the most recent contract.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:18 AM 12-02-2022
You won’t get anything trading him. He has negative trade value. What’s the point?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:41 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I love Salvy, but it's time. And IMO, it's been time for a while

After his 48 HR season would have been perfect.
[Reply]
Oxford 11:49 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Great memory. Perry was also ejected for doing that LOL

He was also ejected in a Spring training game for loading up a baseball with rosin and throwing a "puff" ball. Gotta love it
[Reply]
Oxford 11:56 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
After his 48 HR season would have been perfect.
At this point, given his service to the organization and the potential blowback it should be his call, not ownership. There is a PR factor to everything and single-organization players are rare. I'm sure that Salvy, his agent and the Royals are well aware of the situation.

The Royals are being run with a different point of view than the Glass/Dayton Moore years, so I'd say it could happen but it would be managed delicately to say the least
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 11:58 AM 12-02-2022
Trading Salvy would need to be handled much like Peyton to the Broncos. Outside of that the fallout could be huge.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:49 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
Trading Salvy would need to be handled much like Peyton to the Broncos. Outside of that the fallout could be huge.
Why? Getting good value from Salvy (an aging player who is likely going to decline drastically sooner than later) and out from his contract would be a dream come true.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 07:24 PM 12-02-2022
Why? Getting good value from Salvy (an aging player who is likely going to decline drastically sooner than later) and out from his contract would be a dream come true.
Sure it would be from a strictly baseball standpoint, but from a PR standpoint it needs to be handled carefully. I am not saying dont trade him if they can get any reasonable value, just handle it right. Salvy is the face of the franchise for now. Within the next few years it needs to be Witt’s team.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:05 PM 12-02-2022
What could Witt Jr net in a trade?
A clear signal to the fanbase and players that you’re not interested in fielding a winning team.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:09 PM 12-02-2022
Salvy isn’t getting traded. We would be lucky to get more than a lottery ticket prospect for him. Teams don’t value him like we do, nor would he provide any leadership factor to a new team.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:21 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Salvy isn’t getting traded. We would be lucky to get more than a lottery ticket prospect for him. Teams don’t value him like we do, nor would he provide any leadership factor to a new team.
This.

There’s way more value to him with the Royals than trading him away for peanuts (not that anyone would take on his contract anyway). Also, he still provides you some power in the middle of the lineup (something the Royals lack) when healthy and above average defense behind the plate. MJ was terrible last year behind the plate, and while I want to see him continue to get regular opportunities, I certainly wouldn’t advocate for him to have a 130+ appearances back there at this point. He’s not ready for a full time catching load yet.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:46 AM 12-03-2022
Seeing San Diego operate like a New York-Los Angeles market and Texas sign a 34-year-old deGrom for $185 million, makes me wonder if Sherman would ever push the accelerator when the time is right. I hope the new proposed downtown ballpark is a path to get there.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:51 AM 12-03-2022
Why is Cleveland not higher?
As much as I like Cleveland's contact hitting style for aesthetics, it's not really a winning strategy. The Indians need more ISO and another slugger to complement Jose Ramirez. That style doesn't win in the postseason, see the home run-bashing Phillies.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:03 AM 12-03-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
As much as I like Cleveland's contact hitting style for aesthetics, it's not really a winning strategy. The Indians need more ISO and another slugger to complement Jose Ramirez. That style doesn't win in the postseason, see the home run-bashing Phillies.
Seemed to work for us in 2014 and 2015...alas pre juiced ball era.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:23 AM 12-03-2022
Seemed to work for us in 2014 and 2015...alas pre juiced ball era.
Baseball has changed so much since then though. The pitchers are so filthy. It's so hard to hit these days. 1968 is the year that is known for swaying heavily to the pitching side. I would say 2022 was on the short list of extreme pitching seasons.
[Reply]
Page 446 of 469
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456 > Last »
Up