ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 440 of 469
« First < 340390430436437438439440 441442443444450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:20 PM 11-15-2022
ROH should be DFA.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Not at all
I will continue to have serious doubts that promoting Dayton Moore's right hand man is gonna lead to much change.

Houston just let their Gm and assistant GM go...we should be in on one of those guys cause well they know what they're doing.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:32 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I will continue to have serious doubts that promoting Dayton Moore's right hand man is gonna lead to much change.

Houston just let their Gm and assistant GM go...we should be in on one of those guys cause well they know what they're doing.
Ocampo, who just went to Miami, might have been the real talent from that front office, as he was the one that signed the likes of Framber Valdez and Cristian Javier to dirt cheap signing bonuses as amateurs.

While I like Click's Tampa Bay background, that team that just won was dominated by Luhnow acquired players, even the young guys. I think the jury is still out on Click. Remember his last move before he was fired was signing 32-year-old reliever Rafael Montero to a three-year, $34.5 million contract. With the Diaz and Suarez deals, maybe it's a good deal but I'm still not crazy about it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:32 PM 11-15-2022
That one... I don't get at all.

I think someone in the organization is convinced O'Hearn is going to go somewhere and make them look stupid or something.

They left some decent guys protected. Not protecting Sikkema is stupid AF.
[Reply]
tk13 12:33 PM 11-15-2022
We don't really know what JJ is going to do but I just refuse to believe Quatraro is going to be the same old same old. The guy has spent most of the last 15-20 years in the Rays system. I would not put more weight on signing Ryan O'Hearn to sit on the bench over hiring a coaching staff from a successful small market organization.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:36 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I think someone in the organization is convinced O'Hearn is going to go somewhere and make them look stupid or something.

The same organization that just had to pay Hunter Dozier?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:31 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Meh. Overrated. /BWillie
Good player. The next Jeff Francoeur. Will play many years in the league. But yes.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Perhaps they think banning the shift will fix him.

I mean, we all know it wont but maybe that's the thinking. He is a player who should really be able to take advantage of no shift.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Perhaps they think banning the shift will fix him.

I mean, we all know it wont but maybe that's the thinking. He is a player who should really be able to take advantage of no shift.
They already have like 5 guys that can play 1st, what is the point even if he marginally improves?
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:37 PM 11-15-2022
I'm convinced that Sherman and his group had one goal with buying this team. Convince KCMO to build a new downtown stadium where KCMO covers half the cost. Hold the team for 5-ish years, then sell the team at double their investment. His relieving of DM / Matheny was just a public relations move to keep momentum on his side for the new ballpark.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:40 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I'm convinced that Sherman and his group had one goal with buying this team. Convince KCMO to build a new downtown stadium where KCMO covers half the cost. Hold the team for 5-ish years, then sell the team at double their investment. His relieving of DM / Matheny was just a public relations move to keep momentum on his side for the new ballpark.
Well if true, he'd probably at worst double his money.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:40 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They already have like 5 guys that can play 1st, what is the point even if he marginally improves?
There is none, but if they are thinking analytically perhaps where they are coming from. Even if he does improve alot, he still sucks compared to our options. It's baffling no matter what.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:41 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
That's probably what I'd do. Sounds like a smart strategy.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:04 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by :
Kansas City also announced a one-year deal with non-tender candidate Ryan O’Hearn, avoiding arbitration and ostensibly locking him into a roster spot for the 2023 season. Lynn Worthy of the Kansas City Star reports that O’Hearn will be guaranteed $1.4MM and can earn another $250K of bonuses. O’Hearn was paid $1.3MM in 2022 and is controllable through the 2024 season via arbitration.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...nate-webb.html
Not a lot of money is the only thing that I see good about this deal. As others have mentioned, maybe see how banning the shift affects O'Hearn.

Also, O'Hearn having pictures is a possibility.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:38 PM 11-15-2022

Seems like a good day to check twi… pic.twitter.com/f13gWfOZcz

— Ryan O'Hearn (@Rohearn11) November 15, 2022

[Reply]
Page 440 of 469
« First < 340390430436437438439440 441442443444450 > Last »
Up