ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pressure rate is based on a flat 2.5 seconds. And Brown's was horrible last year. He's going to give up a ton of pressures, regardless of how quick Burrow gets rid of the ball.

And as a side note, there was an article published today (I think somebody posted it here earlier) that said you can tell by watching last year's 2 games that Lou Anarumo has "no respect" for Brown and schemed matchups against him because he knew he was limited.
A lot of the times he gave up fast pressures was trying to cheat to protect his outside shoulder knowing he'd need to do that to keep from getting beat up the arc. Then he'd get his balance off trying to move to fast and get beat across his face.

With the Bengals doing fewer vertical sets, he has less cause to cheat and can play to his strengths more.

Just another way he was an awkward fit here. It made even the things he did well become a problem from time to time.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:41 PM 03-21-2023
I’m glad this selfish clown is no longer a member of my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:45 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I recall him saying something similar when he first got here as well.
He also said something along the lines of Mahomes should never have to run for his life because of Brown. That didn’t work out well. Not saying that I don’t believe he meant it, because he probably did. He just lacked the athleticism to actually do his part enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A lot of the times he gave up fast pressures was trying to cheat to protect his outside shoulder knowing he'd need to do that to keep from getting beat up the arc. Then he'd get his balance off trying to move to fast and get beat across his face.

With the Bengals doing fewer vertical sets, he has less cause to cheat and can play to his strengths more.

Just another way he was an awkward fit here. It made even the things he did well become a problem from time to time.
For sure, the worst of his film is him getting beat to the inside over and over.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:49 PM 03-21-2023
For sure, the worst of his film is him getting beat to the inside over and over.
OBJ full stop lacks the lateral agility to be anything other than a mediocre LT.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:55 PM 03-21-2023
I wonder how contract negotiations went this year between Veach and Brown. Did they offer the same contract as last year or is the reason that they didn't franchise him because the Mac they'd pay him was like what they gave Taylor and knew that he'd say no, because he was still looking to reset the market?

I think what happened was they wanted to pay him at max 4/80 and they knew he'd turn it down, so they said no to franchise tagging him. They knew they'd have to get a replacement and liked Taylor, so they jumped on him as a LT replacement. I think Browns agent reached out to every team and it took them awhile to hear back and Cinci was probably one of the only teams that told him he could play LT and offered him more than a 1 yr deal. KC would have matched that Bengals deal, but KC already found their replacement and weren't willing paying that much for a RT and LT.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:01 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I wonder how contract negotiations went this year between Veach and Brown. Did they offer the same contract as last year or is the reason that they didn't franchise him because the Mac they'd pay him was like what they gave Taylor and knew that he'd say no, because he was still looking to reset the market?

I think what happened was they wanted to pay him at max 4/80 and they knew he'd turn it down, so they said no to franchise tagging him. They knew they'd have to get a replacement and liked Taylor, so they jumped on him as a LT replacement. I think Browns agent reached out to every team and it took them awhile to hear back and Cinci was probably one of the only teams that told him he could play LT and offered him more than a 1 yr deal. KC would have matched that Bengals deal, but KC already found their replacement and weren't willing paying that much for a RT and LT.
Wouldn't have mattered. Zero chance Brown swallows his pride and accepts that deal. He took his best non KC offer and is trying to spin it in a way to make him look better in this.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:05 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think he's gonna be very good with the Bengals. He really looked good in the playoffs after Patrick got hurt and wasnt able to be as mobile. Joe Burrow is more of a pocket passer like the old timers were.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:14 PM 03-21-2023

I think the negotiations last year were troublesome so this year started with them being contentious. They reached out to him early and his asking price was so much that they said "why bother".
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 03-21-2023
I think he's gonna be very good with the Bengals. He really looked good in the playoffs after Patrick got hurt and wasnt able to be as mobile. Joe Burrow is more of a pocket passer like the old timers were.
Brown and Wylie looked good in the Super Bowl because of that field.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:20 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And Brown wasn't exactly nails the entire playoffs. Arden Key was abusing him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That was a part of it. But really Andy schemed their EDGEs out of the game. He ran the ball 17(18?) times in the 2nd half. he moved the pocket. He chipped them with TEs, but he also faked chipping them. He kept them guessing so much that they never really were able to zero in on what the offense was going to do. And then the field condition slowed them down just enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And Brown wasn't exactly nails the entire playoffs. Arden Key was abusing him.
It's absolutely baffling to me that the Bengals think this guy is an anchor LT when all you have to do is watch the last 4 matchups between the Chiefs and Bengals and see how badly he gets beat like a rented mule.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:33 PM 03-21-2023
It's absolutely baffling to me that the Bengals think this guy is an anchor LT when all you have to do is watch the last 4 matchups between the Chiefs and Bengals and see how badly he gets beat like a rented mule.
Got beat in warmups in the first game.
[Reply]
srvy 03:51 PM 03-21-2023
I have eaten the real deal working nearby Cincinnati. I was able to finish and it was just ok but figured I would probably never be back that way again.

I have since had Dixons Spaghetti Chili in Independence and it was much better than skyline it wasn't funny.

PS It was a lunch special. I would take their tacos on Tuesday or plain old Dixons Chilli with beans any day hold the pasta.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up