ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 139
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:02 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Good Lord, I'm bad about that nowadays. Conflated AR 15 and AK 47. My bad.
I was just messing with ya. Your point stands for sure. He has some behavioral issues that need to be corrected and we'll see if it works out. I don't have much information about his issues other than the fact that he fell out of favor with the Giants very quickly. But, for what will essentially be the first pick in the 4th round it's a risk worth taking IMO.

Honestly, I don't have any higher expectations for him than I had for Justyn Ross. Lots of folks here thought Ross was going to make the 53 and be a contributor. I was never in that camp. Both risks were definitely worth taking and any upside from these guys would be all profit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Now let's get Hughes for a 4th and win another fucking Superbowl
I think you might be able to get Hughes for a 5th rounder. Hopefully it gets done because he's a perfect fit.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:02 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
What is an AK 15?
It's not quite as powerful as the AR 47.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:03 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What WR were they going to get that would 1) cost so little in draft compensation and 2) have 3 years left on a deal that's not even $6M total?

Brandin Cooks was going to cost guaranteed money next year. OBJ is going to have a bidding war.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'd be interested to know who you would have targeted if you were Brett Veach.
And OBJ at best is fully healthy as the playoffs get here. Little time to get on the same page as Mahomes and learn the offense.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:04 PM 10-27-2022
I’m not against bringing in someone that talented as a reclamation project. I’m sure they’ve done their homework and feel like he can help us in future years. Also, good potential as a return man.

We have seen New England, Pittsburgh, even Reid’s Eagles serve as a place where strong leadership and a stable culture at the team can help guys like this. The upside is quite high, and if he’s a problem you just write off a compensatory pick.

It’s easy to fall in love with the player from Florida, and I’m sure they wouldn’t have traded for him if they didn’t think he could be that player for us.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:05 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think you might be able to get Hughes for a 5th rounder. Hopefully it gets done because he's a perfect fit.
That would be fantastic. If they can get Hughes and add a little bit of the speed dimension to their pass rush it would be a huge win.
[Reply]
kevrunner 04:09 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Ok, here is his music video

Looks like he takes his rapping seriously. Giants fans thought he wouldn’t take football as serious as his rap career. I didn’t realize he was a rapper until you posted this video. Here is a tweet from Toney when Giants fans were questioning wether he would give football his top priority.

On Saturday, the 22-year-old Toney, who goes by the stage name “Yung Joka” on the microphone, released his latest video (warning: song is NSFW).

The initial reaction was less than stellar. Giants fans immediately chimed in and questioned Toney’s motivation, they insulted his music video and threw out a series of disparaging comments before a supportive group of Giants fans began to balance things out.

But Toney wasn’t thrilled with the naysayers and was quick to respond.

“Don’t kome over here kommenting on my music, and it ain’t got in to do with you! I been rappin almost 3 years now. You late! Football aint goin nowhere. Ima live my life however i want. Watever is said…i don’t kare!” Toney tweeted. “On god, football is some i do…it don’t make me who I am.”

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:11 PM 10-27-2022
He's a much better rapper than Sir Bink$
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:12 PM 10-27-2022
Looking forward to the remix featuring Dwayne Bowe and Tamba Hali.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:13 PM 10-27-2022
Andy Reid willingly took on Mike Vick and TO. This is easy compared to those two
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:15 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Looking forward to the remix featuring Dwayne Bowe and Tamba Hali.
Shawn Barber is going to make a dis track about that track
[Reply]
carcosa 04:20 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
He's a much better rapper than Sir Bink$
It's not the type of rap music I particularly care for (I prefer stuff that samples funk/soul/jazz), but he does seem to be more talented than the average athlete/rapper.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:24 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's not the type of rap music I particularly care for (I prefer stuff that samples funk/soul/jazz), but he does seem to be more talented than the average athlete/rapper.
I'm more of a a Larry Johnson freestyle dissing Carl Peterson on Myspace kind of guy myself but Kadarius got some skills.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:26 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
He needs to drop the autotune and become a drill rapper.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:27 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Specifics.

Peters? Traded him.
Hunt? Cut him.
Kelce? Just a massive douche out of college.
Hill? Either took incredibly bad legal advice or is just a massive piece of shit in his home life.

Nothing really applies all that well here.
Peters got a couple of good years out of him and traded him for picks.

Hunt was a third round pick? Played great.

Kelce future HOF.

Hill was a 5 round? Played great and KC traded for lots of picks.

Not seeing what's not to like here.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 139
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up