ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 185
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 05-06-2022
The 2nd video is where the lack of bend comes into play a bit. NFL QB likely steps up there.

Again, he's fine. Good player, great pick at 30.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The 2nd video is where the lack of bend comes into play a bit. NFL QB likely steps up there.

Yeah....steps up and runs right into Chris Jones as he pushes the OG into his face.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's a piece of what we needed to fix this defensive line. Stars and scrubs work out great if your stars continually perform at their level. When those stars ****ing suck....your entire line ****ing sucks.
Pretty much.

It lines up to perfectly for them to take a swing at a big DE free agent or trade or something next year to pair with what they got in this guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 05-06-2022
Pretty much.

It lines up to perfectly for them to take a swing at a big DE free agent or trade or something next year to pair with what they got in this guy.
Not sure there is going to be a FA next year unless someone good gets cut. It's more than likely trade or through the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 05-06-2022
Not sure there is going to be a FA next year unless someone good gets cut. It's more than likely trade or through the draft.
You know me, but I wish they could make a trade for one this year and complete the process.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:07 AM 05-06-2022
You know me, but I wish they could make a trade for one this year and complete the process.
Your only hope would be Burns or Allen and I don't see why either of those teams make those trades.

Sweat would be interesting but I just noticed that he's 28. I didn't realize he was that old.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 05-06-2022
Your only hope would be Burns or Allen and I don't see why either of those teams make those trades.

Sweat would be interesting but I just noticed that he's 28. I didn't realize he was that old.
I love Burns. I think he'd be absolutely ideal at RDE with Karlaftis at LDE
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 05-06-2022
I love Burns. I think he'd be absolutely ideal at RDE with Karlaftis at LDE
Sure....but why would the Panthers trade him for what essentially would be a low first round pick?

The only logical reason would be needing ammo to get the QB you want in the 2023 draft but I still don't see them doing that.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:17 AM 05-06-2022
good lord no. that's how we fucking got into this mess.

Stop trading first round picks for players who need $25M a year in a new contract. Jeez, you'd think people would have learned by now.

Brett Veach sure as fuck did.

You want to be the one DEALING the player, not acquiring him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 05-06-2022
Marcus Davenport!!!
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
good lord no. that's how we ****ing got into this mess.

Stop trading first round picks for players who need $25M a year in a new contract. Jeez, you'd think people would have learned by now.

Brett Veach sure as **** did.

You want to be the one DEALING the player, not acquiring him.
Well, he did it again last year, so I'm not sure the lesson took.

If you want a premier edge guy, that's how they're gonna have to get one. Unless free agency turns up something.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 05-06-2022
Actually, scratch that.

If the Bears would send us Robert Quinn that would be perfect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 05-06-2022

Was about to make that same comment.

One thing you notice even when he's strafing down for the run is that he has to be clean to make his turn. It's because his hips are a little stiff. So on that pass rush clip you see that he can't start turning to the QB until he gets his upper body squared up to the passer.

He has to turn and run and that's gonna cost him a step. So he'll probably always be a guy who's sack numbers don't match his pass rush win rates. Because even after he 'wins' it takes another half step for him to finish the rush and that's often all a QB needs.

Now again, where you can help with that is a strong interior rush (which we have) that he forces the QB to step into. OR a dynamic speed threat on the opposite side of him that forces deeper sets that he can take advantage of by shaking off the block to the inside.

I think most of us are on the same page here. This is just going to be a good football player and a strong complementary talent out there. I think we're still one or two steps away from getting the best out of him that we can, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 05-06-2022
Actually, scratch that.

If the Bears would send us Robert Quinn that would be perfect.
$12.8 million cap hit this year. Gonna need to move money around to make it happen.

But yeah, he'd be a really nice fit. I just don't think you can give up too much for him given his age and salary requirements over this year and next. I'm talking no more than a day 3 pick.

EDIT: Would you believe Quinn now has 2 seasons of 18+ sacks on his resume? Maybe 2-3 guys in league history have done that? Man, when he's been good, he's been REALLY good.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
$12.8 million cap hit this year. Gonna need to move money around to make it happen.

But yeah, he'd be a really nice fit. I just don't think you can give up too much for him given his age and salary requirements over this year and next. I'm talking no more than a day 3 pick.
Depends if Chicago wants to move him or not. THey should, but with dealing Mack I'm guessing they won't.

Man, he'd be such a nice fit though. Add him and Ingram (if you could make the money work) and you'd be cooking pretty nice up front.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 185
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up