[Reply]
Fish 09:02 PM 05-23-2022
LOL
[Reply]
Fish 09:03 PM 05-23-2022
Enterprise Center got pretty quiet...
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:09 PM 05-23-2022
Yeah, our season went the way of JB for sure. We had a shot but that's one player we had to have. Unfortunate circumstances to say the least.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:12 PM 05-23-2022
Tarasenko of a few years ago would've buried that one without batting an eye. One of my favorite non-Avs guys.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:20 PM 05-23-2022
It was just bad luck he didn't score that shot. The puck hit Kuemper's hip pad. An inch to the left and that's a goal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:24 PM 05-23-2022
YEAH BABY
[Reply]
DaFace 09:25 PM 05-23-2022
Damn. Crazy game.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:27 PM 05-23-2022
Incredible puck movement on those last two power plays. Just getting wide open shots.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Incredible puck movement on those last two power plays. Just getting wide open shots.
The avalanche do most things better than the Blues.

But NOBODY does cross-ice passing better than STL. No idea where it came from but it's been that way all season. It's truly incredible and really some of the best I've seen in my time as a hockey fan.

Robert Thomas is their top guy and while they don't have a Gretzky out there or anything, it seems like damn near anyone that has it on their stick can connect one. That's what makes them different than most good passing teams.

It honestly does more to explain having 9 20 goal scorers than any individual scoring skill.

I hate Steve Ott. Will always hate Steve Ott. Guys like Steve Ott and Tyson Nash are why I've always thought the "you'd love him if he were YOUR asshole" line is bullshit. Trash players are trash players whether they're on your team or anyone else's (y'know, like fucking pile of shit Nazem Kadri).

But man, Steve Ott has coached the HELL out of the Blues Power Play. I've had to grudgingly give him credit for it. It pains my heart to do so. Because Steve Ott can still eat all the dicks.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:37 PM 05-23-2022
This 3rd period is going to be insane :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:39 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The avalanche do most things better than the Blues.

But NOBODY does cross-ice passing better than STL. No idea where it came from but it's been that way all season. It's truly incredible and really some of the best I've seen in my time as a hockey fan.

Robert Thomas is their top guy and while they don't have a Gretzky out there or anything, it seems like damn near anyone that has it on their stick can connect one. That's what makes them different than most good passing teams.

It honestly does more to explain having 9 20 goal scorers than any individual scoring skill.

I hate Steve Ott. Will always hate Steve Ott. Guys like Steve Ott and Tyson Nash are why I've always thought the "you'd love him if he were YOUR asshole" line is bullshit. Trash players are trash players whether they're on your team or anyone else's (y'know, like fucking pile of shit Nazem Kadri).

But man, Steve Ott has coached the HELL out of the Blues Power Play. I've had to grudgingly give him credit for it. It pains my heart to do so. Because Steve Ott can still eat all the dicks.
Cross ice and high/low. They really snap it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 PM 05-23-2022
Yeah, felt like those were two of the most passive PKs in the playoffs, and that's not to say "well, the Avalanche just sucked", but the opposite... they were far more aggressive against the Preds because their PP was absolutely awful for most of 3 games. I feel like the Avalanche aren't really sure what to do against this PP, so they aren't overly aggressive against it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 PM 05-23-2022
This feels like a game where the blues get desperate, start pinching and get one rush. That rush scores and we have ourself a series. If it doesn’t, the momentum is sucked out, the next pinch becomes an odd man rush and a 5-3 game that’s effectively over.

The Colorado forecheck has tuned up biggly this period. They aren’t going to get the equalizer without taking some risks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:02 PM 05-23-2022
Well fuck.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:02 PM 05-23-2022
Well, called that one.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 95
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up