View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 44 of 343
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:49 AM 06-16-2022
Would have been so easy to say "I love Orlando, our kids play together, and I know he's going to do whatever is best for his family. I hope it's here, because he's a great player, but I just let them work that out and I know we have a great OL room and coach, so we'll just have to let those things play out."

But he didn't. It was a pretty ringing endorsement
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 06-16-2022
I hate when they ask other dudes about guys contracts. Just say "I don't deal with other guys money, I hope it works out for him".
[Reply]
kccrow 11:09 AM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Mahomes talking to media right now. Hung out with Orlando Brown yesterday. Talking him up about how much he loves Chiefs and football - sure sounds like he has the QB's support.

Expect him to sign now.
As opposed to coming out and saying that his left tackle sucks complete dogshit? Because he wouldn't do that. It's equally meaningless.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:31 AM 06-16-2022
I know that's your wet dream, but this deal will get done. You need to come to terms with it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:40 AM 06-16-2022
It’s not accurate saying this is Tyreek’s money being forfeited for Brown Jr’s money. Tyreek wanted insane money and we got much needed draft capitol to fix the defense and team overall.

But yeah in regards to money there is a big difference. Tyreek’s contract is 25% more AAV than Brown Jr if he becomes the highest paid LT. If that’s your angle then yes it’s a big difference.

Something had to give. The defense was a train wreck and we needed those picks to replenish.

Not much use in a huge asset like Tyreek if you have no defense and teams double team him and play cover 2 shell every game to take away the deep ball.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:49 AM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
As opposed to coming out and saying that his left tackle sucks complete dogshit? Because he wouldn't do that. It's equally meaningless.
You clearly didn't hear it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 AM 06-16-2022
Save our chiefs

Dont pay orlando
[Reply]
-King- 01:10 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not accurate saying this is Tyreek’s money being forfeited for Brown Jr’s money. Tyreek wanted insane money and we got much needed draft capitol to fix the defense and team overall.

But yeah in regards to money there is a big difference. Tyreek’s contract is 25% more AAV than Brown Jr if he becomes the highest paid LT. If that’s your angle then yes it’s a big difference.

Something had to give. The defense was a train wreck and we needed those picks to replenish.

Not much use in a huge asset like Tyreek if you have no defense and teams double team him and play cover 2 shell every game to take away the deep ball.
Insane money matches insane talent. When you're elite you can do that.
[Reply]
O.city 01:15 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Insane money matches insane talent. When you're elite you can do that.
There's the thought that once the insane elite talent gets to that 3rd ish contract and the big one, it's a better option to pull the rip cord, get what you can get and move on.

I'd have rather kept Tyreek. But i can understand the thought process and from a value standpoint, they extracted a ton of value from him while he was here.
[Reply]
-King- 01:25 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's the thought that once the insane elite talent gets to that 3rd ish contract and the big one, it's a better option to pull the rip cord, get what you can get and move on.

I'd have rather kept Tyreek. But i can understand the thought process and from a value standpoint, they extracted a ton of value from him while he was here.
I can too. I've said I've understood the logic of it even though I fucking hate it.

I can't understand the logic in paying an above average LT the highest lineman contract in NFL history just because he's holding his leverage over us though.

I don't think you can trade Tyreek because of cap reasons but then sign Orlando to the contract he's asking for and still maintain you care about the cap.
[Reply]
Chief3188 01:46 PM 06-16-2022
I can too. I've said I've understood the logic of it even though I ****ing hate it.

I can't understand the logic in paying an above average LT the highest lineman contract in NFL history just because he's holding his leverage over us though.

I don't think you can trade Tyreek because of cap reasons but then sign Orlando to the contract he's asking for and still maintain you care about the cap.
It's about value. The only players not expendable are high quality QB's, Olineman and pass rushers. Everyone else is expendable as long as you use your resources well. It would be foolish to pay a WR his 3rd contract at a rate higher than some slightly above average QB's.

What's more important.. Keeping Mahomes healthy or giving him a single weapon that required a lot of attention from defenses? I think keeping Mahomes upright and giving him time to survey the field is more important personally. Is Orlando going to be Willie Roaf? No but in his own way he is going to be just as good if not better than Eric Fisher was so either you roll the dice with your QB's health or you go with the safe option.
[Reply]
-King- 01:55 PM 06-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chief3188:
It's about value. The only players not expendable are high quality QB's, Olineman and pass rushers. Everyone else is expendable as long as you use your resources well. It would be foolish to pay a WR his 3rd contract at a rate higher than some slightly above average QB's.

What's more important.. Keeping Mahomes healthy or giving him a single weapon that required a lot of attention from defenses? I think keeping Mahomes upright and giving him time to survey the field is more important personally. Is Orlando going to be Willie Roaf? No but in his own way he is going to be just as good if not better than Eric Fisher was so either you roll the dice with your QB's health or you go with the safe option.
So we're going to pretend like Tyreek is just any other receiver? Defenses literally changed the way they play because of him. We have won playoff games and a superbowl because of plays he has made. He has more value than Orlando.

But even if you don't believe that, it's still no reason to make Orlando one of if not he highest paid lineman in the league.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 06-16-2022
I can too. I've said I've understood the logic of it even though I ****ing hate it.

Well...there's alot to unpack here.

As good as Tyreek has been and probably would be here, he's a WR. We've seen Andy be able to get WR's of lesser talent than Tyreek play well at alot cheaper contractually.

WR in today's NFL, like it or not, has been made alot easier to be successful at because of the rules and changes to the game. So that being the case, it would theoretically make sense to go a different direction.

Tyreek is also no spring chicken anymore. He's not likely to go off a cliff in the next couple, but with a monster contract like that, it has to factor in.

Then you have the LT spot, which Andy seems to highly value. They feel (apparently) that Brown is young and upcoming in this offense and will grow into a premier player there (arguably is already).

So that, plus the leverage he has in that there are only so many people in the world that can play LT in the NFL and they aren't easy to find, kinda changes situations.
[Reply]
Chief3188 02:17 PM 06-16-2022
So we're going to pretend like Tyreek is just any other receiver? Defenses literally changed the way they play because of him. We have won playoff games and a superbowl because of plays he has made. He has more value than Orlando.

But even if you don't believe that, it's still no reason to make Orlando one of if not he highest paid lineman in the league.
If you take salaries away yes of course Hill has more value in terms of unique skill at their position. Hill was one of a kind and a future HOFer. But it still comes down to what is more important.. tying up a crippling amount of cap in 1 WR or paying a player that can keep Mahomes healthy and give him more time to find open players. Not to mention the added bonus of extra high draft picks to try to replenish your team. I don't think there is a fan here that wanted to lose Tyreek Hill. But if the team made all decisions based on fan feelings we would be a team of geriatric overpaid losers in no time. If we win a SB in the next couple of seasons with a lot of the reasoning being some of our draft capital that we received would you think it was worth it then?

I wish the NFL would reward more teams that draft well by allowing percentages of a cap hit to not count on players you drafted that you are giving 2nd and 3rd contracts too. That would give teams more muscle to keep their own players and make the draft more valuable than it already is.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:44 PM 06-16-2022
Good WR’s are all over the league. The draft produces several good prospects nearly every year.

The only good LT that wasn’t picked in the top 15 in the last 5 drafts was Christian Darrisaw.

That’s how hard it is to find a good LT
[Reply]
Page 44 of 343
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up