ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 PM 06-28-2023
YES!

The new Indiana Jones was everything I hoped for!
by u/Nimperedhil in indianajones

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:53 PM 06-28-2023
Has nothing to do with reviews. Read an early plot synopsis to determine if the movie was worth my money to see in theaters. It isn't.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 PM 06-28-2023
SEE???

Originally Posted by :
Harrison Ford was great. He looked great, his performance was good and the action was age appropriate so it never felt silly.

The de-aging was incredible. That whole sequence was fantastic and I 100% believed that was just a young Harrison Ford. I also think they did a great job capturing what Indy would have looked like in 1945, kind of halfway between how he looked in Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I would totally watch a whole movie made like that.

The last act is pretty wild, possibly divisive for some, but I liked it and I thought it a fitting final adventure for an archaeologist. And I thought Indy got a good, satisfying ending. They didnt pull a Luke Skywalker.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:58 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Has nothing to do with reviews. Read an early plot synopsis to determine if the movie was worth my money to see in theaters. It isn't.
THE LEAKS WERE WRONG TURD

Originally Posted by :
Let’s talk about the ending without spoiler. Some has said it may be controversial to some. To my mind it wasn’t but it feels like it was a bit rushed, but not as if they had to redo the ending like some may have speculate (those who have made those rumours are soooo wrong). For sure, it is not a « ride on the sunset » ending, but it gives a closure.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:01 PM 06-28-2023
So John Williams and Harrison Ford were lying about the reshoots?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:08 PM 06-28-2023
YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO YOURSELF THIS ENTIRE THREAD

Originally Posted by :
As a final crack of the whip, though, there’s not too much to complain about. Moment to moment it’s perfectly enjoyable, but having grown up with these films, watching it is a strange experience.

But the blockbuster spectacle isn’t really why Indiana Jones has endured for 42 years. He’s endured because of Ford and the small character moments that Spielberg smartly layered into that first film.

And it’s those that Mangold honours with a final scene that brings things full circle to one of the quietest moments in Raiders, giving the man in the hat the gruffly tender send-off he deserves.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:10 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So John Williams and Harrison Ford were lying about the reshoots?
?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by :
For sure, it is not a « ride on the sunset » ending, but it gives a closure.
You know what was a "ride into the sunset" ending?

The last scene of 'The Last Crusade" where they should've let the damn thing lie. When they LITERALLY rode off into the sunset as the credits rolled.

Thank GOD Disney is here to remind us - again - that all our heroes end up withered and broken shells of themselves for the majority of their lives. But hey, the last few months of it may be slightly less awful for them. So that's nice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO YOURSELF THIS ENTIRE THREAD
Originally Posted by :
And it’s those that Mangold honours with a final scene that brings things full circle to one of the quietest moments in Raiders, giving the man in the hat the gruffly tender send-off he deserves.
"After you, Junior..."
"Yes sir..."

{horses run through canyons and into the sunset...}

He GOT the gruffly tender send-off he deserved. You need to see him broken and henpecked by some snarky brit?

None of this ADDS to his story. It doesn't improve upon it. You're just desperately hoping they'll make chicken salad from this chicken shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 06-28-2023
I think I've discussed briefly the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books before.

And I've told anyone who listens - the series stops at "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish..."

Don't read past it. Don't. It's a natural, easy and obvious end to the story. Our characters arcs have all come to an end. Unfortunately the 5th book happened...

Douglas Adams himself said he regretted 'Mostly Harmless...'. He was in a terrible place at the time, he was depressed and he acknowledge that the book detracted from the series. He hoped to write a 6th book to 'correct his mistake' and then he up and died instead.

That's what these two movies are - mistakes that do nothing but take away from the perfect stopping point. You have such a clear and clean ending to the story after Last Crusade. It wasn't depression that led to these movies - it was greed and a cynical cash grab. Neither of these movies exist to further a story - they exist to wring a few buck out of a cherished IP and at the EXPENSE of that IP.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:22 PM 06-28-2023
you're too late "mr. kingdom of heaven was a good movie" nonsense boy

indiana jones fans got a movie made for them, by them, and by jove we're enjoying it
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:46 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you're too late "mr. kingdom of heaven was a good movie" nonsense boy

indiana jones fans got a movie made for them, by them, and by jove we're enjoying it
If you replaced "Indiana Jones fans" with "Top Gun fans" I could go along with it. No, this was not made for the fans at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:01 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If you replaced "Indiana Jones fans" with "Top Gun fans" I could go along with it. No, this was not made for the fans at all.
that's why tons of hardcore indy fans are loving it :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 06-28-2023
yes!

#DialOfDestiny is a pure Indiana Jones adventure, and I smiled from ear to ear the whole time. It’s classic in its storytelling, yet totally original as it takes the franchise to new and exciting heights. I just felt so happy and fulfilled leaving the theater. pic.twitter.com/qPymVGBdI8

— Noah (@keldorjedii) June 28, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 06-28-2023
yes! yes! yes!

Again on #IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny: I think @mang0ld achieved a sort of miracle. From a certain point of the movie, the suspension of disbelief kicks in in a way that I didn't feel since I was a child. And from there on is pure Indy. So good.

— Antoni Conteddu (@thecalettian) June 28, 2023

Also, don't believe a single word of what you may have heard about this movie: #IndianaJones is not sidelined, replaced or disrespected. Not in the slightest. It's the same Indy we all know and love. Those were just blatant lies from disingenuous people. #DialOfDestiny

#IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny is not only a good Indiana Jones movie, but it has moments of legitimate greatness. I'm talking about Crusade-tier material. It's subtle, clever, melancholic and respectful of our beloved hero. Oh and that third act had me in complete awe.

[Reply]
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up