ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 432 of 469
« First < 332382422428429430431432 433434435436442 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:55 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I hope thr Phillies sweep that cheating organization

I’m rooting for the Phillies too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:26 PM 10-24-2022
Don't really have strong feelings either way about a potential Wathan hire, but it does just seem a little too "cute."

Out of all the people out there, to just happen to decide on a former player who was the son of a former player/former manager/until very recently a longtime special assistant? ok
[Reply]
Bowser 07:28 PM 10-24-2022
Any interest in chasing Jayce Tingler? Current bench coach for the Twins, but a local kid from Smithville.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:35 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

City is pure shit. Scroo Philly, they once booed Santa Claus

You do NOT boo that man
[Reply]
Mecca 07:40 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Any interest in chasing Jayce Tingler? Current bench coach for the Twins, but a local kid from Smithville.
No..he didn't do well with a good San Diego team...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:45 PM 10-25-2022
Florida Marlins hired Skip Schumaker.

[Reply]
Pablo 05:49 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
City is pure shit. Scroo Philly, they once booed Santa Claus

You do NOT boo that man
Houston is trash as well though. They need another Harvey to cleanse that god-awful dump full of prideful, dipshit Texans.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:19 AM 10-26-2022

Sources: #Dodgers first base coach Clayton McCullough has interviewed with the #Royals for their managerial vacancy and is among the finalists there. @MLBNetwork @MLB

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) October 26, 2022

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:30 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I can definitely get on board with this.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:59 AM 10-26-2022
https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/roya...ial-candidates

KANSAS CITY -- With the end of October rapidly approaching, the Royals continue to interview managerial candidates and narrow down their list of who will replace Mike Matheny in 2023 and beyond.

Internal candidates Pedro Grifol, Vance Wilson and Scott Thorman have all gone through first-round interviews with the Royals, sources told MLB.com.

They are in addition to the external candidates who have interviewed, including Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro, Dodgers first-base coach Clayton McCullough and Phillies third-base coach Dusty Wathan, per sources.

The Royals are not putting a timeline on their search, but they have indicated they would like to have a manager in place before free agency begins (five days after the World Series ends). That way, they can fill out the coaching staff, including hiring a new pitching coach, in November.

Grifol, who spent the past three years as Kansas City’s bench coach, has been a candidate for multiple managerial openings in the past and is again this offseason; in addition to the Royals, he has interviewed for the White Sox and Marlins’ vacancies this month.

Executive vice president/general manager J.J. Picollo named Grifol and Wilson, who has served as the Royals’ third-base coach and bullpen coach in the past, as two internal candidates early on in the search, and that list has now expanded to include Thorman. The 40-year-old Thorman was Triple-A Omaha’s manager in 2022 after two seasons with Double-A Northwest Arkansas from 2020-21. Thorman, a first-round Draft pick by the Braves in 2000, also led Class A Advanced Wilmington to the Carolina League championship in ’19 and Class A Lexington to the South Atlantic League title in ’18.

Thorman has been with the Royals’ young core of players -- both pitchers and position players -- throughout its rise in the Minor Leagues, and players rave about his ability to connect with them. The Canada native joined the big league staff during the Toronto series in July, when Kansas City was down several players and coaches in Canada because of their vaccination status.

The Royals have high interest in Quatraro, according to those with knowledge of the situation. The 48-year-old has spent the last four seasons as the Rays’ bench coach and is a candidate for the Marlins’ opening as well. Quatraro was also an assistant hitting coach in Cleveland from 2014-16, when Royals owner John Sherman was a minority owner with the Guardians.

McCullough, 42, is also a favorite after his second season on the Dodgers’ coaching staff, part of a perennial postseason contender. He has Minor League managerial experience and interviewed for the Mets’ manager opening last year -- and McCullough’s dad, Howard, is a part-time amateur scout for the Royals.

Wathan interviewed with Kansas City last week and has strong ties to the franchise; his father, John, was a longtime Royals player, manager and player development official who retired at the end of this season after 51 years in baseball, including 47 with Kansas City.

That is not the complete list of the Royals' candidates, but a finalists list should be getting nearer for the front office.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'm just rooting against Dusty Baker.

I have loathed that guy going all the way back to his enabling of Barry Bonds bullshit.

Then he was a monumental prick w/ both the Cubs and Reds.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:43 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm just rooting against Dusty Baker.

I have loathed that guy going all the way back to his enabling of Barry Bonds bullshit.

Then he was a monumental prick w/ both the Cubs and Reds.
Funny how he has become (in many sports media circles) more of a venerable managerial veteran...down to his hiring by the Astros being considered "safe" and uncontroversial compared to their recent scandal.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:47 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/roya...ial-candidates

KANSAS CITY -- With the end of October rapidly approaching, the Royals continue to interview managerial candidates and narrow down their list of who will replace Mike Matheny in 2023 and beyond.

Internal candidates Pedro Grifol, Vance Wilson and Scott Thorman have all gone through first-round interviews with the Royals, sources told MLB.com.

They are in addition to the external candidates who have interviewed, including Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro, Dodgers first-base coach Clayton McCullough and Phillies third-base coach Dusty Wathan, per sources.

The Royals are not putting a timeline on their search, but they have indicated they would like to have a manager in place before free agency begins (five days after the World Series ends). That way, they can fill out the coaching staff, including hiring a new pitching coach, in November.

Grifol, who spent the past three years as Kansas City’s bench coach, has been a candidate for multiple managerial openings in the past and is again this offseason; in addition to the Royals, he has interviewed for the White Sox and Marlins’ vacancies this month.

Executive vice president/general manager J.J. Picollo named Grifol and Wilson, who has served as the Royals’ third-base coach and bullpen coach in the past, as two internal candidates early on in the search, and that list has now expanded to include Thorman. The 40-year-old Thorman was Triple-A Omaha’s manager in 2022 after two seasons with Double-A Northwest Arkansas from 2020-21. Thorman, a first-round Draft pick by the Braves in 2000, also led Class A Advanced Wilmington to the Carolina League championship in ’19 and Class A Lexington to the South Atlantic League title in ’18.

Thorman has been with the Royals’ young core of players -- both pitchers and position players -- throughout its rise in the Minor Leagues, and players rave about his ability to connect with them. The Canada native joined the big league staff during the Toronto series in July, when Kansas City was down several players and coaches in Canada because of their vaccination status.

The Royals have high interest in Quatraro, according to those with knowledge of the situation. The 48-year-old has spent the last four seasons as the Rays’ bench coach and is a candidate for the Marlins’ opening as well. Quatraro was also an assistant hitting coach in Cleveland from 2014-16, when Royals owner John Sherman was a minority owner with the Guardians.

McCullough, 42, is also a favorite after his second season on the Dodgers’ coaching staff, part of a perennial postseason contender. He has Minor League managerial experience and interviewed for the Mets’ manager opening last year -- and McCullough’s dad, Howard, is a part-time amateur scout for the Royals.

Wathan interviewed with Kansas City last week and has strong ties to the franchise; his father, John, was a longtime Royals player, manager and player development official who retired at the end of this season after 51 years in baseball, including 47 with Kansas City.

That is not the complete list of the Royals' candidates, but a finalists list should be getting nearer for the front office.
I see this is from yesterday. Skip Schumaker was hired for the Marlins...which surprised me. Fully expected a Latino hire to help them resurrect that franchise in the Miami community. All that to say...if the Royals really want Quatraro, they should be able to get him, unless he just doesn't like the opportunity.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Funny how he has become (in many sports media circles) more of a venerable managerial veteran...down to his hiring by the Astros being considered "safe" and uncontroversial compared to their recent scandal.
Yeah, they hand-waived all those years of head-hunting and creating clubhouse clique's real fast didn't they?

I've never seen a manager do less with more than Dusty Baker did with those Giants teams.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:29 PM 10-26-2022

The Royals traded Emmanuel Rivera for 19 innings of Luke Weaver. https://t.co/qP5nae1SM7

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) October 26, 2022

Luke Weaver was such a trash pick up.
[Reply]
Page 432 of 469
« First < 332382422428429430431432 433434435436442 > Last »
Up