ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 430 of 488
« First < 330380420426427428429430 431432433434440480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:54 AM 04-20-2022
Deebo Samuel wants out of SF as per Schefty.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Browns offered him a 2 year deal for $24 million. I'd probably have no problem paying that after the draft.
Depends on the structure.

If you can get him at $8 million in real money this year, I think you're in fine shape. I don't think he's a $12 million/yr guy given what the 2nd wave of FAs produced at DE. But I guess the question becomes whether or not you think he's closer to Za'Darius or Dorance Armstrong.

He's probably pretty similar to Rasheem Green at this point in that he's going to do most of his pass rush damage working inside but is a capable DE as well.

If it's Clowney at $12 million or Hicks at $4 million, I think the answer is Hicks pretty easily. And I think Hicks can probably be had at that figure after the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm going to run a mock with it that doesn't involve moving up for Karlaftis or Williams. Should be interesting.

Marquise Brown is NOT better than anyone the Chiefs have. I'm honestly not sure he's better than Mecole Hardman on the whole.

Hardman has a better catch percentage, better yards/target, is a productive rusher.

If you adjusted Hardman's stats to have as many targets as Brown has had (same number of years in the league, so it's easy), Hardman has 20 more catches, 691 more receiving yards, 1 fewer touchdown, 26 more first down receptions, 154 more rushing yards, and 846 more yards from scrimmage.
Yeah, the Hollywood Brown thing is odd to me.

He IS Hardman in most ways. But smaller.

I think this is a 'familiarity breeds contempt' scenario. If we had Brown on this team the last 3 years he'd have been used the same way as Hardman, been just as underwhelming (if not moreso) than Hardman and he'd be this fanbase's skill position whipping boy instead of Hardman.

There's just not any grounds for a meaningful distinction I can find between these guys.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:04 AM 04-20-2022
That I would be okay with. I'd be interested to see who we took at 29 in that scenario.
So, armed with 29, 43, 50, 58, and 62... I think you could pretty easily nab:

(1) Safety from the following: Cine, Brisker, Pitre, Hill
(2) DE from the following: Mafe, Ebeketie, Cam Thomas, Enagbare, Williams, Logan Hall, Ojabo, Drake Jackson
(1) WR from the following: Pickens, Watson, Moore, Tolbert, Metchie, Pierce, Austin
(1) DT from the following: Winfrey, Travis Jones, Leal
or
(1) CB from the following: Elam, Gordon, Woolen (barf), Taylor-Britt, Alontae Taylor

That's a pretty interesting class that adds needed depth and potential at a bunch of spots. You could easily shore up the secondary, WR and DL with these picks and still have a 3rd and 2 4ths to work with on more luxury picks or depth picks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:07 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think this is a 'familiarity breeds contempt' scenario. If we had Brown on this team the last 3 years he'd have been used the same way as Hardman, been just as underwhelming (if not moreso) than Hardman and he'd be this fanbase's skill position whipping boy instead of Hardman.

There's just not any grounds for a meaningful distinction I can find between these guys.
Based on the exercise I just ran, I think you could make an argument Hardman is actually BETTER.

No, Hardman doesn't get as much attention in the passing game as Brown does, because Hardman has been weapon 3/4 rather than 2 like Brown has been... but Lamar Jackson also has more gravity than Mahomes, in drawing the back 7 up.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:09 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Iczer:
I just don't see KC trading down for more picks, and more trading up for impact players. KC has already signed FA's and could still sign additional FA's after the draft (Please Clowney). KC will not even have positions available for all 12 draft picks. Yes players will be cut. I just don't think KC is going into this trying to get even more picks.
It two picks, 30 and 94, for two picks, 43 and 58.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Iczer:
I just don't see KC trading down for more picks, and more trading up for impact players. KC has already signed FA's and could still sign additional FA's after the draft (Please Clowney). KC will not even have positions available for all 12 draft picks. Yes players will be cut. I just don't think KC is going into this trying to get even more picks.
This is just so lazy. 4 of those 12 picks are 7th rounders, so throw those out the window. You don't think that we will have spots available for 8 players if we stick with our picks?

We could really use:

RB depth
2 WRs
An upgrade at RT
At least 2 DEs
At least 1 DT...for sure another NT
Another LB
Another 2 CBs
Another S

That's at least 11 spots that could use starters, an upgrade over current starters or at least depth at the position.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:22 AM 04-20-2022
This is just so lazy. 4 of those 12 picks are 7th rounders, so throw those out the window. You don't think that we will have spots available for 8 players if we stick with our picks?

We could really use:

RB depth
2 WRs
An upgrade at RT
At least 2 DEs
Another LB
Another 2 CBs
Another S

That's at least 11 spots that could use starters, an upgrade over current starters or at least depth at the position.
Could you imagine if we hit on say 4/5 of these picks with players on the same level as Creed and Bolton? Man that would go a long ways to rebuilding some of the talent on this team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 04-20-2022

We could really use:

RB depth
2 WRs
An upgrade at RT
At least 2 DEs
Another LB
Another 2 CBs
Another S

Yeah, I've been dumbfounded by the 'we don't have room for that many players!' argument.

Do we even have 40 dudes under contract right now? I don't think we do. We have plenty of space for those guys.

Here's a way to look at it. The cap accounts for only the top 51 contracts on a roster. And those 7th round picks WON'T be among the top 51 cap hits. That's how little they matter - the league cap structure doesn't even consider those guys when the rubber hits the road.

We have 8 picks. Frankly I think we need about a dozen additions. If anything there's ample cause for adding MORE guys and certainly no roster pressure to turn those 8 into fewer of them.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:28 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, you stated that.

I like that the public doesn't like him. Means I get him dirt cheap again.

Does your fantasy league award points to WRs who get open only to have their RB playing QB not throw him the ball or miss wildly altogether?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 04-20-2022
Yeah, I've been dumbfounded by the 'we don't have room for that many players!' argument.

Do we even have 40 dudes under contract right now? I don't think we do. We have plenty of space for those guys.

Here's a way to look at it. The cap accounts for only the top 51 contracts on a roster. And those 7th round picks WON'T be among the top 51 cap hits. That's how little they matter - the league cap structure doesn't even consider those guys when the rubber hits the road.

We have 8 picks. Frankly I think we need about a dozen additions. If anything there's ample cause for adding MORE guys and certainly no roster pressure to turn those 8 into fewer of them.
Not only do we need players this year but we have even less under contract next season. Fuck spending picks to trade up for a WR when this team needs depth and starters at key positions. I'm all for sticking at 29 and then trading down from 30 if we can get decent value.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 04-20-2022

Breaking News: I just spoke to wide receiver Deebo Samuel — and he told me that he has asked the 49ers to trade him.

He did not want to discuss specific reasons behind his request, but he has indeed let the 49ers know his desire to leave the organization. More to come.

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) April 20, 2022

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 04-20-2022

No, Hollywood is a much better WR because he can run routes and using his speed COMBINED with his routes get COLLEGE open.

Hardman is nothing close to that. Hardman is a very nice gadget player and special teams option. Hardman doesn't do what Hollywood does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Based on the exercise I just ran, I think you could make an argument Hardman is actually BETTER.

No, Hardman doesn't get as much attention in the passing game as Brown does, because Hardman has been weapon 3/4 rather than 2 like Brown has been... but Lamar Jackson also has more gravity than Mahomes, in drawing the back 7 up.
I don't think it's a particularly difficult one.

Where I may quibble a little is just raw skill-sets. Its kinda like that Austin vs. Watson argument I had a couple weeks ago. Brown gets his speed more 'violently' for lack of a better way of putting it, harder/quicker/shorter strides that allow for a bit more elusiveness and quickness in a phonebooth. Whereas Hardman is often a glider who actually has a really good first step for a guy his size, but he doesn't foot-fire as quickly as Brown so he's not quite the jitterbug Brown could be.

But mostly that's devils advocate stuff. I'm not 100% sure I believe it in this instance. I certainly don't believe it enough to trade Hardman and a first for Brown. And in the end I'd almost certainly stick with the guy that's been here 3 seasons and showed tremendous improvement down the stretch last season even in a 1 for 1 deal.

That's just pure 'prospect pedigree' driving a proposed trade. It is, as has been said already, incredibly lazy.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:47 AM 04-20-2022
So based on the Adams and Hill deals what will it take in picks and dollars. Has to be slightly less than those 2 right? Maybe a late 1st or early 2nd and 25 million a year?
[Reply]
Page 430 of 488
« First < 330380420426427428429430 431432433434440480 > Last »
Up