ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 430 of 469
« First < 330380420426427428429430 431432433434440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
poolboy 02:52 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why didn't they pick one of our better rookies?

:-)
[Reply]
poolboy 02:56 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Baseball and football managers really shouldn't even make any in-game decisions that have to do with win probability.
what baseball in-game decisions are you talking about?
We already do a lot of it now...First pitch strikes, play the shift and outfield placement, lefty right starting lineup and pinch hitters. hit and run, stealing bases.amount of rest for starting pitchers etc
.what exactly is left to do in game?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:19 AM 10-14-2022
Article for BWillie.

Who is Vinnie Pasquantino and What's He Worth?
The Royals best hitter in 2022 was in the minors to start the year and wasn't even the best prospect at his own position to start the season.
Spoiler!

https://insidethecrown.substack.com/...tino-and-whats

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...267272197.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 08:32 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/lets-adm...s-in-baseball/

Nate Eaton is #1 with a 98.1 mph average and has a max throw speed of 103.3 MPH.

That's insane.
The next Kansas City WAR machine.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:50 PM 10-20-2022

I’m not pretending to report anything here, certainly nothing ground breaking, but I would put Dusty Wathan as a heavy favorite to get the Royals managerial job. @DBLesky mentioned Matt Quatraro on the pod last night. Not saying it’s down to those two, but I’d bet it’s close.

— Royals Farm Report (@RoyalsFarm) October 20, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:57 PM 10-20-2022
I'm whelmed.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:58 PM 10-20-2022
***Wet fart sounds***
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:01 PM 10-20-2022
I missed a lot of this thread in my absence here this summer. Did we have any Matheny/Eldred holdouts until the very end? You know, the folks who’d insist they weren’t fans of the two but that managers and pitching coaches don’t really do anything and it was all Dayton’s fault or somesuch? That was a loud bunch in 2021 but I wondered if all the firings caused mass celebrations on here like it did everywhere else.

I loved the Royal flush of all of the above this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:38 PM 10-20-2022
Dusty or Quatraro would be fine with me. Both are pretty similar overall.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:40 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I missed a lot of this thread in my absence here this summer. Did we have any Matheny/Eldred holdouts until the very end? You know, the folks who’d insist they weren’t fans of the two but that managers and pitching coaches don’t really do anything and it was all Dayton’s fault or somesuch?
That was a loud bunch in 2021 but I wondered if all the firings caused mass celebrations on here like it did everywhere else.

I loved the Royal flush of all of the above this year.
Cosmo said this a lot.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:46 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Cosmo said this a lot.
Well, at any rate. Hope he could celebrate like the rest of us when Dayton was let go. Loved the mid 2010's like everyone else - but GMDM's comments this year about our pitching would have made Baghdad Bob blush.

I'll go on the record that I'll support pretty much any manager who...

A. Doesn't lose the players so spectacularly that even the forever Royals mouthpiece Jeffrey Flanagan confirms it.

B. Doesn't constantly trot out bullpen arms like Staumont, Brentz and Barlow 3 games in a row so they can meat grinder their arms for a 74 win season instead of a 69 win one.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 10-20-2022
I was flipping through the channels looking for the NBA game and NFL game and I saw these guys playing baseball. I had forgot all about baseball. Like not even a thought of it in a few weeks. Wish there was a way to make it not such a forgetful sport and market their stars better. What Aaron Judge and Otani did this year is out of this world...and why does noone care? I don't care either and I don't know why.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:35 AM 10-21-2022
David Lesky: The Complicated Debut Season of Bobby Witt Jr.
It was VERY successful. And it also was kind of disappointing in ways.
Spoiler!

https://insidethecrown.substack.com/...eason-of-bobby

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:24 AM 10-21-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
David Lesky: The Complicated Debut Season of Bobby Witt Jr.
It was VERY successful. And it also was kind of disappointing in ways.
Spoiler!

https://insidethecrown.substack.com/...eason-of-bobby

Thanks for sharing. This is a really great breakdown of Bobby Witt.

If he's Trevor Story minus Coors Field, that's still a really good and valuable player.

I don't think he's as rough at SS as the numbers say he was this year (meaning: Long-term he can play a solid SS). He didn't seem to handle moving back and forth as well as you'd expect - some guys handle that better than others.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:27 AM 10-21-2022
I love the multiple poorly veiled shots at Mondesi in that article.
[Reply]
Page 430 of 469
« First < 330380420426427428429430 431432433434440 > Last »
Up