ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 56
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
PHOG 01:40 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by :
(a tolerable out after three seasons)
Yeah, I see them looking again after 3 years. That's probably 2 years too long.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 03-21-2023
So Brown contacted them? :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 03-21-2023
It's funny they think he's a franchise LT.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:45 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pretty much. Sounds like they didn't think they would be able to afford him and he wasn't getting the offers he was expecting.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yea, says a lot about how badly the Bengals wanted him.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:50 PM 03-21-2023
No one wanted the huge turd
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:52 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The rumors were obviously true that the NFL at large views him as a RT.

Originally Posted by Orlando Brown Jr.:
“For them to believe in me as a left tackle is enough,” Brown said. “I want to put my life on the line for that.”

[Reply]
tredadda 01:55 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think they believe that. His contract proves this point. It looks more like they consider him a better option than who they currently have.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:14 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by Orlando Brown Jr.
“For them to believe in me as a left tackle is enough,” Brown said. “I want to put my life on the line for that.”
I recall him saying something similar when he first got here as well.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:15 PM 03-21-2023
From resetting the market to settling down with a team that lets him keep playing the position

You really fumbled the bag Orlando
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
From resetting the market to settling down with a team that lets him keep playing the position

You really fumbled the bag Orlando
Yep. He wanted to be THE highest-paid lineman in the league. A year later and he's calling teams asking if they'll keep him at LT because that's all he wants.

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:28 PM 03-21-2023
Probably he'll be okay in CIN. CIN doesn't pass as much as KC, they're more balanced in their attack. Plus, Burrow last season got rid of the ball in about 2.6 seconds last year, so it's not like OBJ will have to hold his blocks as long, most of the time. And he'll run block a lot more.

He's going to struggle vs. fast EDGEs, but it's not like he'll be facing one every week. Though if I were an opposing DC, I'd be sending my fastest LBs/DBs often if I didn't have a fast EDGE. Brown isn't blocking those guys either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably he'll be okay in CIN. CIN doesn't pass as much as KC, they're more balanced in their attack. Plus, Burrow last season got rid of the ball in about 2.6 seconds last year, so it's not like OBJ will have to hold his blocks as long, most of the time. And he'll run block a lot more.

He's going to struggle vs. fast EDGEs, but it's not like he'll be facing one every week. Though if I were an opposing DC, I'd be sending my fastest LBs/DBs often if I didn't have a fast EDGE. Brown isn't blocking those guys either.
Yup.

Brown just wasn't an ideal fit here and that was a worry from the beginning. Vertical sets and an OT with heavy feet just don't dovetail well together.

Burrow doesn't do as much of that stuff so he'll probably be fine.

Then again, Jonah Williams wasn't so....
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:32 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Pressure rate is based on a flat 2.5 seconds. And Brown's was horrible last year. He's going to give up a ton of pressures, regardless of how quick Burrow gets rid of the ball.

And as a side note, there was an article published today (I think somebody posted it here earlier) that said you can tell by watching last year's 2 games that Lou Anarumo has "no respect" for Brown and schemed matchups against him because he knew he was limited.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:35 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

Brown just wasn't an ideal fit here and that was a worry from the beginning. Vertical sets and an OT with heavy feet just don't dovetail well together.

Burrow doesn't do as much of that stuff so he'll probably be fine.

Then again, Jonah Williams wasn't so....
I wonder just how often OBJ will whiff a block and force Burrow to have to scramble/elude a basically free-rusher? Burrow is fairly elusive, but he doesn't do as well if the rusher comes free right off the snap (as Frank did in the AFCCG a couple times). If OBJ whiffs a few of those every week, that could be untenable for CIN.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 56
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up